• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Would you pay over MSRP to get in an S650?

I’m willing to pay…

• Total voters

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
No.

I wouldn't pay over MSRP to get into ANY vehicle at all. It's foolish to pay ADM regardless of what that ADM value may be, because there's no need to.

Shop around, there's plenty of Dealers who will sell at MSRP or even below. Those are the honest dealers.

One more thing about ADM on Fords:
It is not a Ford sponsored line item on any Window Sticker, nor is it Ford Corp. who is telling Dealers to add ADM. Since it's not a sponsored Ford line item on a Window Sticker, if there is a Lemon or Ford RAV Buy Back claim, Ford RAV will not entertain the ADM paid over MSRP. Meaning, the Owner has to go back to Selling Dealer and request the ADM amount be refunded from them (or they have fight for it).
Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
i'm hoping D-plan works on the dark horse, i was somehow able to get a D-plan price listed on my M1 invoice/price sheet and the dealer honored it, here's hoping that happens again
otherwise, i'll only go for MSRP
22 Mach 1 and already looking for a Dark Horse??? You get bored quickly, I take it? 😹

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
Where's the "Hell No" option?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
22 Mach 1 and already looking for a Dark Horse??? You get bored quickly, I take it? 😹
lol not quite, I love that Mach 1, I have nearly 11k miles on it and I'm not tired of it
but that new interior with those screens and Sync 4 is worth trading it in for, plus that extra 30hp and the exterior design
oh, and the carbon fiber wheels too

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Where's the "I'm not interested at all" option? Paying an ADM on the S650 is wild. 😅

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
Voted! I've never bought a car at MSRP or over and never will.

I do sympathize with people who live in horrific areas with dishonorable dealerships, though. My advice is to hire someone like myself or shop out of province/state.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
There are still 2022 GTs listed slightly over MSRP around me, have to travel many hours to get under MSRP. The Mach 1s and GT500s are marked up considerably(if you ever find one). However, I will not be paying over MSRP, it will be one of my conditions when I order. I do need to so some research on how to go about that though.
I’ve done it successfully twice in the last 4 months with two different dealers and I’ll be happy to save you doing any research. There’s really nothing to it. Talk to a sales guy and have enough of a conversation to verify that he’s not an idiot while simultaneously letting him know you’re a serious, qualified buyer who knows what he’s doing. Then, if he has what you want in stock let him know that you’ll be over in an hour or two to pick up that particular unit, no discussion, if he wants to sell it at real actual sticker price plus tax and a reasonable doc fee. Period. You won’t pay for BS add-ons of any kind. If he balks thank him kindly for his time and move on. If he asks for your phone # you decline, telling him no need because it’s your intention to buy one today.

This really isn’t rocket surgery and I’ve never understood why so many people have trouble with it. It’s only ever failed me once, on a GT 500, and I think I could have scored that one had it not been a Heritage Edition.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I’ve done it successfully twice in the last 4 months with two different dealers and I’ll be happy to save you doing any research. There’s really nothing to it. Talk to a sales guy and have enough of a conversation to verify that he’s not an idiot while simultaneously letting him know you’re a serious, qualified buyer who knows what he’s doing. Then, if he has what you want in stock let him know that you’ll be over in an hour or two to pick up that particular unit, no discussion, if he wants to sell it at real actual sticker price plus tax and a reasonable doc fee. Period. You won’t pay for BS add-ons of any kind. If he balks thank him kindly for his time and move on. If he asks for your phone # you decline, telling him no need because it’s your intention to buy one today.

This really isn’t rocket surgery and I’ve never understood why so many people have trouble with it. It’s only ever failed me once, on a GT 500, and I think I could have scored that one had it not been a Heritage Edition.
Thanks, makes sense, but I am going to try to custom order. I assume basically the same principles apply.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Bullitt
Voted! I've never bought a car at MSRP or over and never will.

I do sympathize with people who live in horrific areas with dishonorable dealerships, though. My advice is to hire someone like myself or shop out of province/state.
Agreed. I've never paid MSRP, and often get for well under. I got 5K off my Bullitt, and 2K off my Tundra TRD PRO, a super limited model of a Truck that is rarely sold under MSRP to begin with. Granted this was due to buying over the internet while deployed and with a nube salesperson. I got them to do an invoice, placed a deposit on the credit card with a $2k discount, $1K Military, and $1K to use Toyota financing.

Manager was not happy, but at least they honored the deal. 5 years and 75K miles, I am still in love with it.

Had to fight with the Ford dealer to get a discount on the Bullitt. They had an internet add stating $5K off MSRP for ALL mustangs on the lot. They DID exempt the GT350 and 500 models, but no mention of the Bullitt. took some bullying and buying on the spot, but I got it. Then they sent out the hottie sales girl to try to get me to buy a bunch of dealer baloney..... I said no to all of course, then bought my ESP from Flood Ford a few months later.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I have never paid MSRP and never will (well, at least until manufactures move to no-haggle pricing).

In 4 decades of car buying, I have learned that car prices go up, and car prices come down. You just have to be patient. I get that there are some more "exotic" scenarios where you will never have leverage (like a Ford GT), but I consider those unobtanium that can only be purchased by those that are so rich that money has no meaning.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
lol not quite, I love that Mach 1, I have nearly 11k miles on it and I'm not tired of it
but that new interior with those screens and Sync 4 is worth trading it in for, plus that extra 30hp and the exterior design
oh, and the carbon fiber wheels too
Oh, I missed that it has carbon fiber wheels, that's pretty cool... I figured that kinda thing would remain exclusive to top trim Shelby models.

The Dark Horse seems pretty sweet, but I'm still waiting for more info and pricing. I have my reservations about the lack of buttons on the interior. Touch-only controls suck, and sync 4 def gives me big brother vibes, though I like the features it seems to have. It's also "only" 20 hp more than my Mach 1, heh.

Then there's the weird black plastic bits on the bumper... But of course that's a pretty subjective criticism. I'm hoping it might look better with colors we haven't yet seen, or in person.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
The Dark Horse seems pretty sweet, but I'm still waiting for more info and pricing. I have my reservations about the lack of buttons on the interior. Touch-only controls suck, and sync 4 def gives me big brother vibes, though I like the features it seems to have. It's also "only" 20 hp more than my Mach 1, heh.

Then there's the weird black plastic bits on the bumper... But of course that's a pretty subjective criticism. I'm hoping it might look better with colors we haven't yet seen, or in person.
yeah, as cool as all the new stuff is, pricing is make or break for sure, also i 100% agree about the touch-only controls, i really dont like that because what happens if the screens die or are broken?

there are buttons, though, that pad-like line of them between the start/stop and volume buttons are physical (the government requires hazards be a physical button), and if they're like the ones in the new transits, it's not nearly as bad as i think people think they are

about Sync 4, i agree, but in this age, the only way to not be tracked is to live in the middle of nowhere off the grid, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and so many more companies already have so much information that it's kinda useless to fight it now imo
Sponsored