• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

When do you think the S650 will be revealed?

Birddogjr350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150 FX4 2016 ford explorer Sport
I'd say if any thing the order banks will open on April 17, the car will probably be revealed the fourth quarter of this year!! that would be my guess!

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Reveal Will be this year!
Sometimes reveal and debut mean the same thing.

If they show it off prior to April 2023, (New York International Auto Show?), then I suspect it will be at the Detroit North American International Auto Show in September 2022. Otherwise, it will all be spy photos and "leaked" information (intentional leak or not)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I tend to think the reveal will be its own event and not based on a car show.

The GT350 was revealed 11/18/2014 - prior to the LA auto show. According to google the 2015 Mustang was revealed December 5, 2013 and Ford started selling them mid-May of 2014. Ford announced about a month ahead of time that was the date it would be revealed.

I don't believe that the Mach 1 was revealed at a car show either.

I believe the GT500 was revealed at the Detroit Auto show. I think Ford knew that the GT500 wouldn't be upstaged by anything the competition was going to release at that show. The same is not true of a new model year regular Mustang. It could be upstaged by a few different other cars.

I wish some of this led me directly to a date I could guess about the next Mustang release. I kind of feel that Ford will sell it as soon as it is ready and that they will bypass official auto shows.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
It would be nice. I am in the market for a new car in a year or two, so the 650 has my attention, as will the new Charger and whatever GM's entry into the market will be.

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Why do I keep hearing this is going to be a 2024 release. I hope this summer as I have some decisions on what I am going to do. I have an allocation for a BMW G82 M4 Base manual, the way the allocations are working is it will be in the summer with a delivery date around Dec. 2022. However, I am intrigued with the S650. If I like it I will cancel the build for the M4 stick with my 2020 and go from there.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Wait for the Mustang. I fear the front won't look good, but there is virtually zero chance they do something as comically hideous as the giant buck teeth grill of the new M4.

I think the best idea would be to get the current Mach 1.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Another factor might be the overall power output. If the S650 looks somewhat similar, has less power and Ford wants more money for it I don't see the car being a success.
The S550 was the first Mustang that did cost $50K but everyone saw the much better interior and driving dynamics. Haven't seen or heard anything in that regard... -.-
At launch, the S550 was well under $50k, if I recall you did not eclipse $50k except with the 50th LE and the GT350. Base GT was low $30k and premium was high $30k, fully loaded around $46-47k if I recall correctly... Obviously price increases have pushed it there, but sales have precipitously dropped off as well (not just due to price, of course...)

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
At launch, the S550 was well under $50k, if I recall you did not eclipse $50k except with the 50th LE and the GT350. Base GT was low $30k and premium was high $30k, fully loaded around $46-47k if I recall correctly... Obviously price increases have pushed it there, but sales have precipitously dropped off as well (not just due to price, of course...)
Electronics, auto, and PP is 52K.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
Sticker on my '15 Premium was $40,015, and the only option I selected other than the premier trim group to get the red seats was the Performance Package. Amazing how the prices have climbed.

Back on topic, I hope they reveal the S650 long before next spring....

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
Yeah they really got to be careful here. One thing I love about the Mustang is that it’s truly attainable with some work. That’s still the case but I really don’t want to get into the 40s for a base GT.

Ferraris are nice but what good is it if I can only hoon it on my Xbox?
Sponsored