• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

When do you think the S650 will be revealed?

Mustang_Qi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Will Ford release the s650 this year and start selling it next year? My car lease will expire next November, so if Ford starts selling the new s650 next year, I can just buy the new car. But it is said that Ford may not announce it until 2023 and sell it in 2024. When do you guys think Ford will start selling the new car? I would probably buy the Challenger if I had to wait a year.

TrackMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT
That’s the rumor but with how everything is going I wouldn’t expect them to be readily available until 2024

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Production will start early 2023, so expect orders to open by the end of the year.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
I think we will see a summer 23 introduction.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
I am guessing fall of 2023. The supply chain issues, chip issues, the struggle to make EVs and big loss in Rivian and all the latest recalls, I think Ford will not show the S650 unless they can produce the car in reasonable volume and meet market orders. Also competition next year from other brands will be a big challenge to Ford as well. Are we all on this forum willing to wait a year or more for a new S650 or will some of us make the jump to other brands?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/27/business/ford-loss-rivian/index.html

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/03/f...cations-as-it-struggles-with-lost-production/

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I am guessing fall of 2023. The supply chain issues, chip issues, the struggle to make EVs and big loss in Rivian and all the latest recalls, I think Ford will not show the S650 unless they can produce the car in reasonable volume and meet market orders. Also competition next year from other brands will be a big challenge to Ford as well. Are we all on this forum willing to wait a year or more for a new S650 or will some of us make the jump to other brands?

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/03/f...cations-as-it-struggles-with-lost-production/
I do get your point but what competition are you talking about? Charger, Challenger or Camaro? These competitors will not be any different next year... Same goes for any European brands... I hardly doubt that M4/Rs5 are any real competition to begin with and the next C63 will be a four banger...

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Also competition next year from other brands will be a big challenge to Ford as well.
From what we know at the moment the S650 will be the only nextgen Muscle Car that is keeping ICEs. Dodge pretty much confirmed the current Challenger & Charger will just run parallel to the EV successor for a while before they die off - Unsure if there will be new ICEs version. Camaro is pretty much open knowledge that Gen 6 will be replaced by an EV successor too. And with none of these cars (EV or ICE) being caught as prototypes, they are at least 2+ years away from launching.

So Ford really has no competition. The only thing that decides about the fate of Gen 7 will be if Ford becomes too greedy in terms of pricing. I can't stand how expensive the Mach 1 is, before spending $60k on a Coyote Mustang I would jump to a C8. The other important factor will be if Gen 7 will be a big enough jump for people to switch from their current car to the Mustang. With the design being kind of close to Gen 6 it's a big risk, since people might think it's just another refresh or you won't have that wow-factor of a new design in the wild

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
From what we know at the moment the S650 will be the only nextgen Muscle Car that is keeping ICEs. Dodge pretty much confirmed the current Challenger & Charger will just run parallel to the EV successor for a while before they die off - Unsure if there will be new ICEs version. Camaro is pretty much open knowledge that Gen 6 will be replaced by an EV successor too. And with none of these cars (EV or ICE) being caught as prototypes, they are at least 2+ years away from launching.

So Ford really has no competition. The only thing that decides about the fate of Gen 7 will be if Ford becomes too greedy in terms of pricing. I can't stand how expensive the Mach 1 is, before spending $60k on a Coyote Mustang I would jump to a C8. The other important factor will be if Gen 7 will be a big enough jump for people to switch from their current car to the Mustang. With the design being kind of close to Gen 6 it's a big risk, since people might think it's just another refresh or you won't have that wow-factor of a new design in the wild
Another factor might be the overall power output. If the S650 looks somewhat similar, has less power and Ford wants more money for it I don't see the car being a success.
The S550 was the first Mustang that did cost $50K but everyone saw the much better interior and driving dynamics. Haven't seen or heard anything in that regard... -.-

Reactions: Ace

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another factor might be the overall power output. If the S650 looks somewhat similar, has less power and Ford wants more money for it I don't see the car being a success.
The S550 was the first Mustang that did cost $50K but everyone saw the much better interior and driving dynamics. Haven't seen or heard anything in that regard... -.-
I do agree that as Ford moves up in price with the ICE Mustang it will become a toy for the the rich here in US and around the globe and production volume will drop. Success will come from increased profits per vehicle and JIT-ordering process. Like the GT500 it will be a halo car.

The EV-version will be the next gen after S650 maybe with a possible focus on lower priced sports car for the masses. I think the S650 electronic dash and other interior changes are the early intro to what the interior will be in future EV mustangs.

The sports car market segment is falling, the CUV and SUV and Truck market is hot and very very profitable for Ford. The Maverick for now is a little shiny profit star for Ford soon to be extinguished by competition from Asia. I keep thinking that the days of the ICE-C8 are numbered as well and the C8 will likely be a much more desirable car to own in the future then Mach 1.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Are we all on this forum willing to wait a year or more for a new S650 or will some of us make the jump to other brands?
Nissan Z, maybe. If I gouge my eyes out I might buy a Celica M6. Though I will be re-buying into Camaro SS/1LE before they kill that off. Now if only the Charger came in stick it could've been a contendah. Maybe the re-launch of Acura Integra will be more than just a badged Civic R.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

I don't need to buy a new car. My 2017 GT sits most of the time. I'll put a few thousand miles on it this summer and hopefully make it to the track a few times. I could keep it until I can't find gas for it if I don't see anything I'm interested in buying.

I do get your point but what competition are you talking about? Charger, Challenger or Camaro? These competitors will not be any different next year... Same goes for any European brands... I hardly doubt that M4/Rs5 are any real competition to begin with and the next C63 will be a four banger...
I just bought a GR86 and it's an awesome daily. Yes it doesn't make V8 noises, but it's nimble, rear wheel drive and the shifter/transmission is terrific. The surfaces you touch in the interior are actually pretty nice. And it's relatively cheap.

Don't forget that Ford will be competing with itself as well. If the S650 isn't significantly better than my S550 I'm not going to buy one. If I have money burning a hole in my pocket I can upgrade to a GT350.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Z, maybe. If I gouge my eyes out I might buy a Celica M6. Though I will be re-buying into Camaro SS/1LE before they kill that off. Now if only the Charger came in stick it could've been a contendah. Maybe the re-launch of Acura Integra will be more than just a badged Civic R.
BTW-I have the same wish about the Charger. Give me 6speed Tremec in a 4-door car that is not in the BMW price range and I will buy it. The insurance price savings on manual car these days are amazing. I am not crazy about pick-up trucks, but a brand new 6speed F250 with V8 would get me interested, before the ICE era ends.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Absolutely. Sound could also be a big role at least in europe, if the new car sounds way worse and doesn't offer a horsepower advantages it could lead to people looking for Gen 6 models.

Same thing happened to the Camaro here, the refreshs are only available in europe without the valve exhaust, so most people prefer looking for a used pre-refresh for the better sound (and most likely nicer exterior).
Sponsored