• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
That was an official early rendering of the 2020 GT500, penned by Chris Stevens. Chris was also responsible for the '18 facelift.

GT500 rendering Chris Stevens.jpg
Understand there has to be a S/C Hood Bubble, but don't like the Art Deco Locomotive Bulk. I do, however, like the Cow Catcher Cooler Scoops and the Wrap-Around Fender/Headlight Lines better than the Actual 500. Also prefer the 350 Fender/Brake Vents, although, with such a pronounced Rake at the Front, maybe they could Slant the Vents the opposite Direction from the 350's.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang Exclusive Details on Ford's Last V8 Muscle Car 1632711077807
Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Man, I just want a GT350 successor - if that happens as a further revised 5.0, I'm totally fine with that (and probably better off as the 5.0 has proven to be more reliable).

Nonetheless, exciting times (and slightly depressing times) ahead! Thanks for sharing!
Just reading this. No way to succeed the 350. They couldn't get more power with FPC. Lots of engine issues running 8-9K rpms. They know its a partial fail. It was nice to have for short run.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
is it just me but there is no chance the s650 will look like the first pic
it just looks too cool and sporty for a non super/hyper car

if the s650 looks anything as cool as that, im putting a deposit down without even looking
but in my expereince, the production car never ever looks as cool as the concept,

ive been far too disappointed on every production vs concept ive actually paid attention to (which admittedly isnt that many)
Very true. no way it looks like that. It's always about the pre-prod. looks and auto shows. You dream of that for a year and boom you get the base. Scion did that for a while. All the upgrades, but no where to be found.

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
To be honest I don't know what to make of that
Well, it has the gigantic grill that the real 2020 GT500 had. Otherwise, it doesn't really look like it. I think the current Mustang, minus the GT500 because of its giant grill, is one of the nicest looking cars available today. I fear the S650 will be undesirable, at least to me, because they will likely follow he hideous trend of gigantic, ridiculous grills.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Really didn't want to start a new thread,
Any rumors on Chicago or New York car shows reveal?

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Just went to the Orlando Central Florida International Auto Show. They rarely have anything new, let alone Concept Cars.

Most everything from Ford and Lincoln were 2021 models. You’d think they’d at least have the newer 2022 cars to Show off. They did have the Maverick, which was my first opportunity to see it. Last year they had the GT500, Bronco Sport and Mach-e and allowed you to sit in the latter two. This year they had the GT Version, but wouldn’t let you sit in it.

Also, Ford appeared to only Display lower end Versions of all their cars, while Lincoln had the Top Level vehicles.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Understand there has to be a S/C Hood Bubble, but don't like the Art Deco Locomotive Bulk. I do, however, like the Cow Catcher Cooler Scoops and the Wrap-Around Fender/Headlight Lines better than the Actual 500. Also prefer the 350 Fender/Brake Vents, although, with such a pronounced Rake at the Front, maybe they could Slant the Vents the opposite Direction from the 350's.

1632711077807.png
I think where this frontend shines is that it doesnt come with the ugly 2015 non-led turn signals they slapped on the real GT500. Hopefully the S650 will just feature all lighting in the headlights, it just looks way cleaner and modern

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
That was an official early rendering of the 2020 GT500, penned by Chris Stevens. Chris was also responsible for the '18 facelift.

GT500 rendering Chris Stevens.jpg
One Mean looking Machine.
FORD, what is stopping you?.
Sponsored