• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

With the s650 GT being an AWD hybrid v8 - would it still be considered a muscle car?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Is it confirmed AWD and hybrid?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
People already discuss way too much if the current generation is called muscle or pony car. If you nail all that down to just the engine technology, you will have to find new words for everything since pretty much every single car will go EV within the next 2 generations.

To me pony/muscle car stand for great performance for a reasonable price that younger people can affort. If Mustangs - and whatever Dodge and Chevy are doing as EV successors - still deliver that, I am totally fine. And if the car does 0-60 in sub 2.5s I maybe could even live without the V8 rumble. For that I can still keep one of the current cars as planned

Last edited:

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I don't want an AWD mustang. That certainly makes it more of a "sports car" than a muscle/pony car or whatever it is.

I would be interested in a V8 with an electric motor between the engine and transmission.
And if it had a plug in capability for 25 miles or so that would be cool. Like my wife's Volvo.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
I don't want an AWD mustang. That certainly makes it more of a "sports car" than a muscle/pony car or whatever it is.

I would be interested in a V8 with an electric motor between the engine and transmission.
And if it had a plug in capability for 25 miles or so that would be cool. Like my wife's Volvo.
Thing is AWD is starting to become needed if it wants to get much faster off the line in a FR configuration. RWD is going to start having its lunch eaten by every performance EV off the line.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive

You DO WANT AWD you just haven't had a car with proper AWD. Look at the BMW G80 M3... The xdrive M3 combines both, AWD AND RWD. One can easily switch between them by pushing a single button. Yes, the entire system is slightly heavier ~50kg but we're talking about an already heavy cars so probably no one would notice the difference.

The question is can FORD build such a system or not… I have my doubts…

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
It doesn't have to be the fastest car (like the base GT - have hotter models like COBRA, etc)

We all had just as much, if not more fun in our Fox bodies back in the day. If you're old enough to have been there.

If I could design the thing, it would be smaller, lighter, with cheap base models, etc.
A 4.0L 300 hp NA gas engine with a 100 hp electric do-dad in a 3300 lb car.

I know that's not where this is going, but I can dream.

Last edited:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
It'll still be a pony car :)
I think a Toyota 86 with 300 horsepower would be more a modern pony car than today's Camaro or Mustang.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
Or does this start to get into sports car territory?
It's already in GT Sports car territory IMO. The S550 took care of that.

They are never going to get lighter.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Where was it confirmed that a S650 Mustang will be AWD or 4 doors or hybrid....or EV? Did I miss an announcement?
Sponsored