• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 S650 Mustang V8 to Approach 500 Horsepower

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT Premium
There are 228 places to eat within 5 miles of my house, 15 hotels within 5 miles of my house; there is a mall within 1.5 miles from house. and I live in a town of 18,000. The primary vehicles most folks own are trucks; SUVs; and CUVs. If you have a Mustang, either you bought secondhand, or if new, you are in military or you are an old geezer trying to relive their youth.
Eh. Wife has the SUV. I drive the 2021 GT 45 miles a day, at least 5 days a week. Exhaust is done, tuned, and exterior mods. Why? Because I love driving the car and it triggers people. Bought my first one at 42, and this one at 45. Soooo, whatevs...

Guess what car the wife and stepdaughter want to take any time "we" or "they" go somewhere? Hint, it ain't the SUV. Hell it's in the highschool pickup line every afternoon just because the stepdaughter's friends oogle over it.
Sponsored

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Eh. Wife has the SUV. I drive the 2021 GT 45 miles a day, at least 5 days a week. Exhaust is done, tuned, and exterior mods. Why? Because I love driving the car and it triggers people. Bought my first one at 42, and this one at 45. Soooo, whatevs...

Guess what car the wife and stepdaughter want to take any time "we" or "they" go somewhere? Hint, it ain't the SUV. Hell it's in the highschool pickup line every afternoon just because the stepdaughter's friends oogle over it.
When the kids get out at my local high school, most of them usually get into high to medium end SUVs. There are only about 30 registered Mustangs in my city. The only looks I get from my pony is from baby boomer women who think my Mustang is nostalgic to them.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
The only looks I get from my pony is from baby boomer women who think my Mustang is nostalgic to them.
what sad-sack town you livin' in? :)
To attract a younger class of wymin you might need to wear a natty shirt and apply some Brylcreem

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It's great to see a naturally aspirated V8 combined with a manual transmission in the new Mustang, and tweaking a little more power out of it. Kudos to Ford for keeping a stick in a time when more and more manufacturers are abandoning them and going exclusively slushbox.

But the interior of the car is a nausea-inducing non-starter for me. I just could't get past having to look at this every time I got in the car.

S650 Mustang 2024 S650 Mustang V8 to Approach 500 Horsepower 2024-Mustang-Interior-01

That's the 'premium' GT dash. The base car is even more unspeakably horrendous:

S650 Mustang 2024 S650 Mustang V8 to Approach 500 Horsepower 2024 Mustang dash

Ford might call it an 'exciting new immersive digital cockpit experience,' but it's still a cost-cutting hot mess. Shame on Ford for hot-gluing a couple of iPads to the dash and calling it done. I'd feel like a sucker every time I got into the car, knowing I paid money for this.

To each their own. Some will love it, and more power to them. I'll be keeping my 2015 GT.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
It's great to see a naturally aspirated V8 combined with a manual transmission in the new Mustang, and tweaking a little more power out of it. Kudos to Ford for keeping a stick in a time when more and more manufacturers are abandoning them and going exclusively slushbox.

But the interior of the car is a nausea-inducing non-starter for me. I just could't get past having to look at this every time I got in the car.

2024-Mustang-Interior-01.jpg

That's the 'premium' GT dash. The base car is even more unspeakably horrendous:

2024 Mustang dash.png

Ford might call it an 'exciting new immersive digital cockpit experience,' but it's still a cost-cutting hot mess. Shame on Ford for hot-gluing a couple of iPads to the dash and calling it done. I'd feel like a sucker every time I got into the car, knowing I paid money for this.

To each their own. Some will love it, and more power to them. I'll be keeping my 2015 GT.
Username checks out

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I'm not mad at the interior as long as it's screwed together tight. I recently test drove a new M240i and the interior is solid as a tank. Great materials and pretty much the same kind of interior panel. Going to be a tough decision.....

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I'm not mad at the interior as long as it's screwed together tight. I recently test drove a new M240i and the interior is solid as a tank. Great materials and pretty much the same kind of interior panel. Going to be a tough decision.....
Modern BMW interiors are built like tanks. So much better than before. Ironic that MB’s interiors are rattle traps. Audi’s been super consistent but they used to have a huge lead over BMW

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Modern BMW interiors are built like tanks. So much better than before. Ironic that MB’s interiors are rattle traps. Audi’s been super consistent but they used to have a huge lead over BMW
agreed. Bought a ‘22 bimmer last year. Thing is solid.