• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Guess the S650 Mustang GT horsepower

Guess the mustang GT horsepower

• Total voters

atl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 Mach One
440- Unless they add turbo… I don’t think there isn’t any way to make 5.0 naturally aspirated v8 to have more HP and less CO2 emission..
That’s a pretty hard take when the current models make more than that already lmao. I’d say what others are saying is accurate and maybe a revised gen 4, making 480-495. However if Ford is actually cool they’ll use all that R&D on the 5.2 and give us a high compression 5.2 (11 or 12:1 like the coyote) non flat plane crank version as a direct upgrade to the current model since we are at the point that upgrading the displacement would be beneficial in terms of power output. Basing any ideas around the Mach or bullitt just because they make a little more isn’t logical to me since they are just gen 3 coyotes with a different manifold. I’d like to see a good revision and the R&D done on the new cobra jet gives me hope.
Sponsored

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That’s a pretty hard take when the current models make more than that already lmao. I’d say what others are saying is accurate and maybe a revised gen 4, making 480-495. However if Ford is actually cool they’ll use all that R&D on the 5.2 and give us a high compression 5.2 (11 or 12:1 like the coyote) non flat plane crank version as a direct upgrade to the current model since we are at the point that upgrading the displacement would be beneficial in terms of power output. Basing any ideas around the Mach or bullitt just because they make a little more isn’t logical to me since they are just gen 3 coyotes with a different manifold. I’d like to see a good revision and the R&D done on the new cobra jet gives me hope.
Over the last 3 decades they haven't offered a new motor on the new generation. I suspect it won't be any different. Not trying to be negative, but with Dodge doing away with ICE and no Camaro why upgrade further beyond the Coyote? It may be a little different, with Dual Snorkels, but not enthusiastic.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT with Premium and Track Package
I think 450 for anything other than a "special edition" model in which they may up it another 20 or so.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
Bingo. This is what I wanted to see out of the current Mach 1, and it would have been enough to get me to bump from my '15. Easy 500 HP or more.

Last edited:

atl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 Mach One
Bingo. This is what I wanted to see out of the current Mach 1, and it would have been enough to get me to bump from my '15. Easy 500 HP or more.
I agree 100%. I have a 03 Mach One as well and what they did to the new generation is just a reskinned bullitt. I know that’s not everyone’s take, but it hurts.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
…it WILL be 469 horsepower and 420 foot pounds of torque…

…and if it’s not specifically those two numbers then they need to fire everyone in marketing and hire thePill…

BOTH of those numbers are easily achievable without many major modification. If it makes 475hp, fine… but rate it at 469…

If it makes 425ft lbs of torque, fine… but rate it at 420.

If you do not understand the significance of those specific numbers then you probably need to leave the internet and get away from marketing. 😉

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’m guessing/hoping 480 for the GT and maybe 500-525 for a Boss rebirth? Hopefully they can find a way to increase HP with all the EPA stuff, especially since they decreased hp in 2022…

emrah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018, Audi A8L 2019
485+

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
We may not get the exact horspower numbers on the 14th, but if we do, what do you expect?

My guess is 480+ for the regular GT, 487 if I am being exact.
Mine is 486 only if you have active exhaust

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Mine is 486 only if you have active exhaust
In reality it is between 408-420. HP @ the crank isn’t what you really have. It’s what’s at the wheels that matters.