• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Mustang Horsepower (450hp) Revealed In Window Sticker? šŸ™„

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Curious - my 2019 had no HP ratings on the Sticker - is this a new thing?

With all the new gizmos on the Gen 4, it begs the question what's the point?
It started in 2020 or 2021.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Lol yeah the 2024 is going to have SYNC 3 with a 8' inch screen. Plus many other weird things about the sticker. I don't believe this one bit

Well spotted!

Or perhaps Ford have listened to all those that don't like the new interior and will keep the existing S550 interior as a no-cost option :cwl:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
We need to bury this rumor, it's going to be over 480. Ford has confirmed it will be over 480 dozens of times. The people putting this stuff out are almost as dumb as those people commenting to the s650 exhaust vids saying "I hope ford doesn't make it all electric only". Yes, there were people seriously saying that.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Well spotted!

Or perhaps Ford have listened to all those that don't like the new interior and will keep the existing S550 interior as a no-cost option :cwl:
That would be the absolute single best thing that they could do to sell that car to their hardcore classic oriented base and would be an extremely welcome upgrade. Please do.

Last edited:

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Edit: nevermind, I was wrong. Tried to use a vin decoder but messed up.

Like others have said, the fog lights and hood vents and infotainment verbiage is carryover, surely so is the 450 HP. They have mentioned 480 multiple times, I doubt it will be under 470-480, this sticker means nothing.

Last edited:

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
We need to bury this rumor, it's going to be over 480. Ford has confirmed it will be over 480 dozens of times. The people putting this stuff out are almost as dumb as those people commenting to the s650 exhaust vids saying "I hope ford doesn't make it all electric only". Yes, there were people seriously saying that.
I remember when the 2015s were announced Ford said the HP jump was gonna be substantial. Going from 420 HP to 435 HP was not "substantial" IMO. I'd expect 465 HP from the new GT. And let's not forget a year ago GTs were 460 HP. Dark Horse should be around 490 - 500 HP under the same logic. And Mach 1s were 480 HP a year ago. The timing of the HP drops is quite a coincidence. šŸ˜…

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I didn't think I could be the only one with the following idea and later found references (opinions on another forum) to it elsewhere.

The HP numbers for the GT and the DH remain the same, 460 and 480 respectively. But the new engine does two things:

1. It allows Ford to continue with the same and still more HP while meeting current (MY24) and near future GOV regulations.

2. Systems are designed to immediately gift the driver an increase (amount TBD) in HP, if they buy a Performance Pack-like upgrade, either during or after sale. The upgrade is sold by both Ford and third parties and does not void the factory warranty. A software/ECU upgrade. No hardware required. Dodge used a unique fob. Ford could allow the customer to turn it on/off via the console.

Speculation all of the above. Just some thoughts.

I appreciate the discussion; it's a good vetting process while educating us on what Ford did years past.

Last edited:

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I was thinking of the following last night. I didn't think I could be the only one with this idea and later found references (opinions on another forum) to it elsewhere.

The HP numbers for the GT and the DH remain the same, 450 and 480 respectively. But the new engine does two things:

1. It allows Ford to continue with the same and still more HP while meeting current (MY24) and near future GOV regulations.

2. Systems are designed to immediately gift the driver an increase (amount TBD) in HP, if they buy a Performance Pack-like upgrade, either during or after sale. The upgrade is sold by both Ford and third parties and does not void the factory warranty. A software/ECU upgrade. No hardware required.

Speculation all of the above. Just some thoughts.

I appreciate the discussion; it's a good vetting process while educating us on what Ford did years past.
Please donā€™t start a discussion for something that most likely if not guaranteed cannot be done with the S650ā€¦ Yes, it does get some technical upgrades but itā€™s hp cannot be upgraded ā€œover the airā€ unless they flash the entire car over the air. Itā€™s a NA engines which makes it even harder to increase the HP with minor tweaksā€¦
The reason why other offer something like this is mainly because theyā€™re electric cars or at least have turbos where itā€™s easier to increase the output buy changing only a few variables.

My 2 cents on this 450hp thing:
The sticker is fakeā€¦ low hanging fruits for someone who wants attention. Stickers donā€™t exist yet, theyā€™re easy to photoshop and even there the creator of said sticker failed to match the criteria for a MY24 Mustang S650.

The S650 WILL be advertised with more than 450hp (if itā€™s not wheel HP itā€™s fake anyways same goes for 0-60 times with roll outs or prepped surfaces). Everything else cannot be predicted unless we have dyno results. They can call it 460,466,480,486 or whatever but if the street performance if more likely 400hp and the dyno bring in numbers close to 420hp than those are the real world numbersā€¦

In Europe however, I do believe that itā€™s more likely to get a detuned GT with ~450hpā€¦ However, I do believe itā€™ll be slightly more for marketing reasons ;)

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Seconded. We are talking about the GT here. Fordā€™s mass produced ā€œfun carā€. For one, The dodge variant with that capability is a FI car where the GT is NA. For two, itā€™s a top-tier variant. A big jump in ā€œenthusiast levelā€ to a GT. only way I could see this theory is ford to have the cars E85 factory capable and have an E85 tune purchasable. Again, far-fetched. E85 not in everyoneā€™s area, E85 kills MPGs. With what theyā€™ve said publicly, itā€™s going to be over 480HP out of the box for the GT.

Please donā€™t start a discussion for something that most likely if not guaranteed cannot be done with the S650ā€¦ Yes, it does get some technical upgrades but itā€™s hp cannot be upgraded ā€œover the airā€ unless they flash the entire car over the air. Itā€™s a NA engines which makes it even harder to increase the HP with minor tweaksā€¦
The reason why other offer something like this is mainly because theyā€™re electric cars or at least have turbos where itā€™s easier to increase the output buy changing only a few variables.

The sticker is fakeā€¦ low hanging fruits for someone who wants attention. Stickers donā€™t exist yet, theyā€™re easy to photoshop and even there the creator of said sticker failed to match the criteria for a MY24 Mustang S650.

The S650 WILL be advertised with more than 450hp (if itā€™s not wheel HP itā€™s fake anyways same goes for 0-60 times with roll outs or prepped surfaces). Everything else cannot be predicted unless we have dyno results. They can call it 460,466,480,486 or whatever but if the street performance if more likely 400hp and the dyno bring in numbers close to 420hp than those are the real world numbersā€¦

In Europe however, I do believe that itā€™s more likely to get a detuned GT with ~450hpā€¦ However, I do believe itā€™ll be slightly more for marketing reasons ;)

OP
OP
MustangMac67

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I remember when the 2015s were announced Ford said the HP jump was gonna be substantial. Going from 420 HP to 435 HP was not "substantial" IMO. I'd expect 465 HP from the new GT. And let's not forget a year ago GTs were 460 HP. Dark Horse should be around 490 - 500 HP under the same logic. And Mach 1s were 480 HP a year ago. The timing of the HP drops is quite a coincidence. šŸ˜…
Do you mean 412 to 435?

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2 Kona Blue 2015 Focus Titanium

Being from Europe, you do understand how HP numbers are determined by manufacturers in the United States right? Here's some reading for you if you are confused, since it appears you may be;
https://ateupwithmotor.com/terms-technology-definitions/gross-versus-net-horsepower/
Sponsored