• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Agreed. Almost looks what I'd expect from a 3D printed item used in a prototype.
Came here to post this. The teaser, in my opinion, looks like a proto button and surround - almost like a clay model. I don't think these are the final materials we'll see on the 14th.

With that said, I don't think the teaser quality is THAT bad.

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
In another thread, there was a post of a team which had staged the cars and displays for the reveal. There was a comment the interior designs would be shown, as models.

I thought what we'd been looking at was a mock-up? "clay model interiors" I didn't expect the show quality to be that great.

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Came here to post this. The teaser, in my opinion, looks like a proto button and surround - almost like a clay model. I don't think these are the final materials we're see on the 14th.

With that said, I don't think the teaser quality is THAT bad.
Thought about this as well. If this is a prototype that they've had for months, or years for testing purposes, that button has been pressed hundreds, probably thousands of times. That being said, it's starting to grow on me. We know they like to use aviation themes for the interior, and this gives me like a distressed fighter jet feel.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Needs white space around the diameter.
The font snd lines run off the sides.

new graphic designer needed.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Well, the GT (Performance) badge and trunklid certainly didn't look prototype rough, so it'd be odd for them to use an interior shot that wasn't production ready.

Guess we'll find out on Wednesday!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Agreed. Almost looks what I'd expect from a 3D printed item used in a prototype.
Also look at the spacing around the button, it looks very uneven or unfished. Sound like it could be true that they will only have a clay model for the interior ready. It's also missing the engine on indicator light, so it must be a prototype/clay model.

I really hoped for something like in the C8, which of course have a way higher entry level price, but the interior quality is the one thing I hope for the biggest upgrade compared to the S550.
S650 Mustang Start Button revealed from S650 Mustang 1662930190205

I would say the start button looks even cheaper than the old button:
S650 Mustang Start Button revealed from S650 Mustang 1662830986862-

S650 Mustang Start Button revealed from S650 Mustang 1662930320687

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Also look at the spacing around the button, it looks very uneven or unfished. Sound like it could be true that they will only have a clay model for the interior ready. It's also missing the engine on indicator light, so it must be a prototype/clay model.

I really hoped for something like in the C8, which of course have a way higher entry level price, but the interior quality is the one thing I hope for the biggest upgrade compared to the S550.
1662930190205.png

I would say the start button looks even cheaper than the old button:
1662830986862-png.png

1662930320687.png
Maybe itā€™s the camera angle but I doubt it. I would agree that this is some sort of prototype or even a clay model. Some questions though:
What structure can be seen around the surface of the button? Looks like some kind of mesh surface but then again at the bottom itā€™s perfectly smooth like clayā€¦ Besides, the edges look fairly sharpā€¦ Almost as if someone wouldā€™ve used a knife to cut around the buttonā€¦ Maybe the button has some sort of backlight but I doubt it.

In addition, I also donā€™t understand the entire ā€œinterior clay modelā€ thingā€¦ How do you model a huge curved screen or a steering wheel? You probably can but why? Isnā€™t it much easier to show what has already leaked in a real car? If itā€™s not polished because the software isnā€™t ready yet then just donā€™t turn it onā€¦ The design is finalized so I donā€™t get the fuzzā€¦

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
I guess we get to see the "all new" lug nut tomorrow.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thatā€™s a hideous start buttonā€¦and the new center stack toggle layout and the USB ports below it looks horrible as well.

I think thereā€™s going to be a few let downs on this big ā€œrevealā€ā€¦. Thereā€™s going to be so much hype to draw in a crowd, and Ford is going to burst everyoneā€™s bubble once that black sheet gets pulled offā€¦. LOL.

The days of Colletti, the on stage smoky burnouts, and an actual revelation that WOULD surprise is gone folksā€¦. What has been leaked is it, been saying it for months now.

Thatā€™s no clay buttonā€¦. Itā€™s called using cheaper materials and upping the MSRPā€¦

Butā€¦. Still holding out itā€™s all a farce and Ford will reveal something that NO ONE has seenā€¦.
Sponsored