• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
OK then, let’s talk stock to stock. The current 2022 Golf R hits 60 in 3.9 seconds - consistently on the street because of AWD. A GT would need a prepped track surface and good tires.

But I’ll defer to your vast knowledge. 🙄
Good lord guys just stop already. No one gives a shit about a Golf R on here except those who want a four door box with a four banger under the hood. By the way a 2023 Golf R is $45,845, a GT Premium starts at $44,460.
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
Good lord guys just stop already. No one gives a shit about a Golf R on here except those who want a four door box with a four banger under the hood. By the way a 2023 Golf R is $45,845, a GT Premium starts at $44,460.
BTW Ira should we read anything into your 7G avatar? DH replacement for the GT/CS????

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
BTW Ira should we read anything into your 7G avatar? DH replacement for the GT/CS????
I just thought it was appropriate for the new generation. I’m on a ten year plan so right now I’m looking at a new car at the very end of the S650. That said, if I hit the lottery……..:giggle:

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
If no one cared, it wouldn’t have been brought up, so there’s that……

I appreciate any performance car and it’s fun to compare them with what the new Mustang may be.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
For the sake of this group and for the kidness that I have, I am no further discuss this stupid topic borught up by certain "fans" anymore. My point was valid and clear. And that is about it. Period.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sorry for being slow… I don’t get it?
It's a joke. A word play on cope and opium. People like me who have an older Mustang might badmouth the new Mustang because we feel hurt that our Mustang is much less relevant now that there's a new and improved model.

So, the badmouthing is our coping mechanism. Kind of like a drug to forget our massive pain and woes from seeing a new, better car coming out.

Take a hit from the copium pipe with me! :like:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
This is my old GT vs a slightly tuned Golf 7 R, according to the drive tuned to 350hp
Race link to the video on my IG(in case the direct link below does not work)

I raced golf 7 R with my MX5 :D, they were four adults in the car at speed it was very very close

Also the trap speed of the highly tuned one(mentioned above) @123 mph is not that impressive with 500whp. A E85 tuned GT has similar trap speed if not better if I am not mistaken
Sponsored

Last edited: