• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Misleading HP

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I suppose it's a difference in culture. If Europeans are used to cars being sold with wheel hp being advertised and then buy an American car not knowing engine hp is the standard, I could see how that could appear misleading.
Need to compare stats in the same units of measure. 500hp crank vs 450hp wheel is not an apples-to-apples comparison.
People here in Germany get upset when their 204hp four cylinder engine dials in at 195...

At the end of the day it's a random number that says way less than 0-100 or 100-200 if we talk about high powered cars.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I suppose it's a difference in culture. If Europeans are used to cars being sold with wheel hp being advertised and then buy an American car not knowing engine hp is the standard, I could see how that could appear misleading.
Need to compare stats in the same units of measure. 500hp crank vs 450hp wheel is not an apples-to-apples comparison.
European cars are advertised in exactly the same way as US cars. Slightly different units but fundamentally the same

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Let‘s see 

How many times have I asked anyone with a Muscle or Exotic Car how much power does it have stock?? I can probably count on 1 hand more than likely. I never question “myself” how much Power my S650 makes because I can feel the difference. Going from 460 (Crank Horsepower) to 486 (Crank Horsepower) is noticeable to me. I already know that if I see another Power Car, it has some Horsepower without asking and I can definitely hear it when/if I get next to it.

So let me SHAKE MY FIST at Ford, BMW and Porsche (cars that I have owned and Currently own) for advertising Engine Performance Numbers that I CAN’T FEEL and shorting me on paper.

SMH, this is laughable.

😒😒😒😒

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
As stated before in this thread all cars are rated at the engine not the wheels. American, German,, English, Japanese, Korean, Italian, it doesn’t matter. And underrating horsepower isn’t new or just the purgative of the German’s/BMW. American V8’s of late 60‘s we’re underrated for insurance reasons.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Going from 460 (Crank Horsepower) to 486 (Crank Horsepower) is noticeable to me.
You must have the most sensitive ass in the world :cwl: :crackup: . If these two engines are in absolutely identical cars on the same road on the same day and time then maybe, just maybe you could feel something. But after 50+ years of driving in everything from Beetles to Bentley’s I doubt anyone could feel 22 wheel horsepower. Crank horsepower is for advertising purposes only and means nothing on the road.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You must have the most sensitive ass in the world :cwl: :crackup: . If these two engines are in absolutely identical cars on the same road on the same day and time then maybe, just maybe you could feel something. But after 50+ years of driving in everything from Beetles to Bentley’s I doubt anyone could feel 22 wheel horsepower. Crank horsepower is for advertising purposes only and means nothing on the road.
Lol, I can tell.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
^ This.

Heck, you can lose 22 HP by getting fuel at a different gas station!

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^ This.

Heck, you can lose 22 HP by getting fuel at a different gas station!

Well, I’m certainly glad that I don’t get fuel at “those” stations, but thanks for the heads up. In any event, “I” can tell the difference Sir’s.

Thank you for the Infomation.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
European cars are advertised in exactly the same way as US cars. Slightly different units but fundamentally the same
As stated before in this thread all cars are rated at the engine not the wheels. American, German,, English, Japanese, Korean, Italian, it doesn’t matter. And underrating horsepower isn’t new or just the purgative of the German’s/BMW. American V8’s of late 60‘s we’re underrated for insurance reasons.
You guys are preaching to the wrong choir. Tell this to @IceGamer and @RaceRedder
I'm not the one with the problem with how the Mustang hp is advertised.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)