• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rendering: This is how 2023 Mustang 7th gen should look like

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I like what you did with the headlight design. The "triple" theme is a nice touch. Classic Mustang and modern at the same time. Well done.
Definitely. The headlamps look superb and its about time the turn signals were incorporated into the headlamp housing again (as they were on the '10-'12 & '13-'14MY) :)
Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT Premium
That blue 2023 rendering looks dope.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i just hope they fix the horrible hood vents on the 18+. those ruin the whole car for me.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Did I miss something ? I did not know Ford was going to produce a next generation Fusion/Focus. I hope the next Mustang has the wider rear like a previous rendering showed.
This is the Last Great Focus

S650 Mustang Rendering: This is how 2023 Mustang 7th gen should look like unnamed 2

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
This is the Last Great Focus
Yeah, really sad story that they cancelled the next Focus RS because it wouldn't fit good into EU emissions laws and fleet emissions penalties. But as awesome as the RS is, I know a lot of people who just won't buy one because of the blown head gaskets.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Love the headlights, especially if they were taller. Too thin.

Otherwise, I am glad I have a 2019...

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Kind of digging it - nice job. Looks a bit more muscular than my '18.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
Really nice job on the rendering. Actually I don't like really large grilles however I do like that Focus.
Toyota/Lexus type humongous grilles just look horrible to me.

Hopefully the final product will not be so large.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Yeah, really sad story that they cancelled the next Focus RS because it wouldn't fit good into EU emissions laws and fleet emissions penalties. But as awesome as the RS is, I know a lot of people who just won't buy one because of the blown head gaskets.
That was a shame for the 16 + 17s - thankfully mine is a 2018 which never had that problem.

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
i just hope they fix the horrible hood vents on the 18+. those ruin the whole car for me.
Interesting! It's one of my favorite features of my '19. The lines that come off of them look like ripples in fast flowing water that is going around a rock (or airstreams I suppose - which is probably more apt). Anyway - I think they're cool 😁

challengerrtfan

Threads
Reaction score
It's a bit late, but I finally finished my next rendering for the upcoming Gen 7.

Let's start with what we can conclude. This was the Sculpture that Ford showed in China last year, which most likely is what they are going for with Gen 7 and will be Fords new corporate identify face of their upcoming cars
Ford-Progressive-Energy-In-Strength-design-installation-previews-the-design-of-next-generation.5.jpg

Recently the next Ford Fusion/Mondeo leaked, which absolutely confirms that this huge single frame grille indeed their new design language.
Ford-Fusion-Mondeo-Active-2.jpg

So in the end I took the design sculpture and digitally added it the current model to give us all a look, how the Mustang 7 should look like. I honestly focussed on the frontend and only tweaked the rest a little bit.

2023mustang7.jpg

I will do the next renderings once we got first S650 prototypes on the street that actually wear the real exterior.
This is prob more accurate than u think. I read on an Australian blog that Ford only plans on redesigning the front and rear ends and keeping the roof and body lines the same. If so- disappointing as I was hoping for a new look rather than a refresh

Reactions: Ace

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
If so- disappointing as I was hoping for a new look rather than a refresh
it's a 'dead car walking' so really not surprising Ford mgmt would spend as little as possible. They need to milk the tooling and assembly line for all they're worth.
https://www.mustangspecs.com/mustang-sales-numbers-by-year/
https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/mustang-sales-throughout-years

I think they are hoping they'll manage to sell 50k units in the future and if it dips much below that they'll cancel the last car in the inventory and we'll all go buy Kia Stingers or Mock-E. I think the reason the Mock-E is a 'mustang' is so that in 10 years time there will be a large number of people who have been brain-washed (would you prefer the term 'influenced'?) into accepting it as a Mustang and will just capitulate to "progress".

Last edited:

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K2375
it's a 'dead car walking' so really not surprising Ford mgmt would spend as little as possible. They need to milk the tooling and assembly line for all they're worth.
https://www.mustangspecs.com/mustang-sales-numbers-by-year/
https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/mustang-sales-throughout-years

I think they are hoping they'll manage to sell 50k units in the future and if it dips much below that they'll cancel the last car in the inventory and we'll all go buy Kia Stingers or Mock-E. I think the reason the Mock-E is a 'mustang' is so that in 10 years time there will be a large number of people who have been brain-washed (would you prefer the term 'influenced'?) into accepting it as a Mustang and will just capitulate to "progress".
Agreed. Especially with the new generation of future buyers growing up with EVs...they will not know any different than the Macchiato-E.
I would be more supportive of the whole EV concept if the infrastructure (charging stations) was there, and especially, if there was a concept for recycling the toxic batteries, and actually a sustainable way of producing the necessary electricity (best meme is the one of a Tesla hooked up to a charging station run by a diesel generator). An agenda that is putting the cart before the horse, driven by ideology, politics, and lobbyists. Sad.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K2375
Back to Ace's rendering...I like it and thank you for doing this. Think the headlights would be a good evolution of the current ones. Not a fan of the bottom portion though. Maybe Ford will use the front bumper of the Mach 1 but with different headlights.
Sponsored

Reactions: Ace