• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rendering: This is how 2023 Mustang 7th gen should look like

jrzycobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT500
Not a fan of the grille. I like things that function.

Think about how so much of current Ford grilles are fake or "plugged". Some of the Fords only have a small percentage of the grille actually open and the rest is blocked off.

With Chevy and other makes designing cars with disproportionately huge grilles, Ford should've gone in the other direction and designed around a functional opening which obviously doesn't need to be that big.
Sponsored

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 F150 5L 4X4
Not bad. The large grille continues to remind me of the original Mustang and I never truly focused on it, but I do want sleek lines up front and small headlights that truly work are fine imo, but with all that said, I want to see a lower looking car I can see over the hood of easier. At least a lower hood, which has been my complaint with Mustang since I was a teen and got my 1st.

The rendering fenders kinda look cool, like it will easily be able to house necessary tire sizes.

traveler5769

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang GT Vortech STEEDA tuned
Need to get away from the angles that go out at the bottoms, trying to look like darth vader's mouth box. NO ANGLES. Give us a basic smooth clean look.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Isn't Mondeo still offered in Europe? My brother has the '11 there, not sure if they stopped it there too when US Fusion went.
It's still offered, but it will be replaced by yet another SUV: The Ford Evos (formely known as Mondeo Active). You can see the leaked picture of that in the startpost, confirming that the single frame grille will be Fords new corporate design frontent

S650 Mustang Rendering: This is how 2023 Mustang 7th gen should look like 2023-Ford-Mondeo-Fusion-Crossover-Spy-Photos-Exterior-001-Front

Not a fan of the grille. I like things that function.

Think about how so much of current Ford grilles are fake or "plugged". Some of the Fords only have a small percentage of the grille actually open and the rest is blocked off.

With Chevy and other makes designing cars with disproportionately huge grilles, Ford should've gone in the other direction and designed around a functional opening which obviously doesn't need to be that big.
To be fair: All current 6th Gen Mustangs (even the Shelbys) have very small openings compared to the visual size of the grilles. On the 18 refresh even vents in the triangles are fake.
The 16-18 Camaro SS and all ZL1 models have fully functioning open grilles without any closed fake stuff. That's also what I don't like about the 19+ Camaro, most parts of the grille are non functioning and just plastic covers

traveler5769

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang GT Vortech STEEDA tuned
Nothing depresses me more about this subject than to hear the designer may have been involved in any way with the current Camaro......yuck!

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Nothing depresses me more about this subject than to hear the designer may have been involved in any way with the current Camaro......yuck!
He was not involved in the Camaro at all, lead design of the Camaro was Adam Barry

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It's still offered, but it will be replaced by yet another SUV: The Ford Evos (formely known as Mondeo Active). You can see the leaked picture of that in the startpost, confirming that the single frame grille will be Fords new corporate design frontent

2023-Ford-Mondeo-Fusion-Crossover-Spy-Photos-Exterior-001-Front.jpg

To be fair: All current 6th Gen Mustangs (even the Shelbys) have very small openings compared to the visual size of the grilles. On the 18 refresh even vents in the triangles are fake.
The 16-18 Camaro SS and all ZL1 models have fully functioning open grilles without any closed fake stuff. That's also what I don't like about the 19+ Camaro, most parts of the grille are non functioning and just plastic covers
Oh I gotcha. Makes sense. The SUV craze going everywhere. I looked up the Evos, looks like first unveiled already way back in 2011, but a 2022 rendering/design looks actually pretty good, LOT like the Mach-E.
S650 Mustang Rendering: This is how 2023 Mustang 7th gen should look like 2021-03-31 08_19_23-2022 Ford Mondeo Evos Rendered Into A High-Riding Fastback Four-Door

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Oh I gotcha. Makes sense. The SUV craze going everywhere. I looked up the Evos, looks like first unveiled already way back in 2011, but a 2022 rendering/design looks actually pretty good, LOT like the Mach-E.
2021-03-31 08_19_23-2022 Ford Mondeo Evos Rendered Into A High-Riding Fastback Four-Door.png
Yeah I think the design could actually work and result in some good looking cars. But it would be a shame if the Mustang will end up looking as "The Ford coupe" sharing too many elements with the other cars. To me the Mustang should always have certain individual design cues that distinguish it from the other Fords. I am not the biggest fan of the 18+ refresh, but it has a cool standalone design

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah I think the design could actually work and result in some good looking cars. But it would be a shame if the Mustang will end up looking as "The Ford coupe" sharing too many elements with the other cars. To me the Mustang should always have certain individual design cues that distinguish it from the other Fords. I am not the biggest fan of the 18+ refresh, but it has a cool standalone design
I'd agree with you on the fact that Mustang should always look a tad different and I think despite a certain common language, Ford would be silly to not keep it somewhat unique.

See, I for example like the refreshed (post 2018) models the most. Obviously I'm very biased as I have a '19, but still.
Thing is, there will NEVER EVER be a design that everyone finds pleasing or like automatically. Much more with Mustang, I think Ford will do their best to keep it lovable by their Mustang base.

Reactions: Ace

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
It's a bit late, but I finally finished my next rendering for the upcoming Gen 7.

I will do the next renderings once we got first S650 prototypes on the street that actually wear the real exterior.
Thanks for taking the hit with a first render. That's a skilled and attractive front end treatment. So many of the negative comments sound just like what I heard when I modeled the '05 S-197 and the '13 S550.

You are right, not until the prototypes hit the streets will we get any inkling of how much of the middle is changed. That may not be for a while, since the first ones always have so much padding on them. even when it gets down to the camo stickers, Ford has upped their game with better pattern design subterfuge. I have a wait and see attitude to see if/when there is enough info to give a 3D model attempt the go-ahead.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Thanks for taking the hit with a first render. That's a skilled and attractive front end treatment. So many of the negative comments sound just like what I heard when I modeled the '05 S-197 and the '13 S550.

You are right, not until the prototypes hit the streets will we get any inkling of how much of the middle is changed. That may not be for a while, since the first ones always have so much padding on them. even when it gets down to the camo stickers, Ford has upped their game with better pattern design subterfuge. I have a wait and see attitude to see if/when there is enough info to give a 3D model attempt the go-ahead.
Great to hear you are still onboard upcoming cars. :like:

You can absolutely already see all the "this is not a Mustang anymore" posts like on every single new car. Ford tricked us really good in believing there is a 2nd 6th gen refresh on the way, so we should look at every new spotted car with a huge grain of salt

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Good to see you on here chazcron :like:

Really hoping we start seeing those heavily camo'd prototypes soon! (feels like I've been saying that for months and months!)

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I don't know the situation in the US but here in Europe we're back to where we were six months ago... If it's somewhat similar in the US in terms of "home office" and "we only get half the sh!t done" then I would expect a heavy delay on the S650ā€¦
I know the US is much better in terms of vaccinating its people but I would still expect some harsh delaysā€¦ Keep in mind that the months before the first test mules are quite important. If the mules are out then most of the work is done I would expect.

Long story short:
I donā€™t see the S650 being on timeā€¦ We saw delays on the Mach 1, the Bronco and now the F150 due to corona and or chip shortage and I donā€™t see Ford catch up on that delay. How could they even? ļƒ  Delay the whole project or cut out some testing and other stuff and I donā€™t see that happening (rightfully so).
The S650 as a MY23 in late 2022 was a pre covid plan. If they have enough time buffer they might be able to pull it off but I have a feeling that the mules are delayed and so is the whole projectā€¦

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
A delay is absolutely possible and, in fact likely. It was back in February 2020 that we saw the job advert that stated S650 was due to launch in 2022 as a '23MY.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a30763592/new-mustang-s650-release-date/

What we don't know is when in 2022 is was due to launch. It could have been due to launch in Spring for all we know, so a 6 month delay would still see it launched in late 2022. Of course, it could have been scheduled to launch in late 2022 and any delay will push it to a 2023 calendar year launch.

We need more leaks and/or slips in order to give us an idea of any delay.
Sponsored