• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rendering: This is how 2023 Mustang 7th gen should look like

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Great job Ace! I have one thing though I think might be different from what we know already.

You headlight work is great and it looks great, but looking at the new Mustang Mach E I have an idea of that we're going to see something more similar to that on the S650

S650 Mustang Rendering: This is how 2023 Mustang 7th gen should look like Mustang-Mach-E-gospel
Sponsored

challengerrtfan

Threads
Reaction score
Great job Ace! I have one thing though I think might be different from what we know already.

You headlight work is great and it looks great, but looking at the new Mustang Mach E I have an idea of that we're going to see something more similar to that on the S650

Mustang-Mach-E-gospel.jpg
So basically the 2022 with a new grill. Really disappointing

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Yeah, I don't like it either. The headlights look too small and the front end reminds me of a Hyundai. They need to bring back the old school look more like the Challenger has stuck to.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun210 wagon, 92 240SX, 08 Evo, 20 Mustang GT
I really hope Ford doesn't jump on the big-fake-grill bandwagon. It looks dumb on an Audi. It looks dumb on a Toyota or Lexus. It looks really dumb on a Hyundai. They're not brands for Ford to emulate. I'm more into streamlined cars that have the right amount of grill, and don't fake it.
If a Ford was going to borrow cues from some other brand, my favorite Mustang rendering reminded me of an Aston Martin (you know... Back when Ford owned Dat Aston).

As for the rendering on this thread, I like that the grill area is consolidated in the middle, and the corners are smooth rather than having the fake scoops.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Ford at its best has had great styling that helped define industry trends. Ford at its worst has been just another me-too make chasing industry trends. <--You are here.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
it's a 'dead car walking' so really not surprising Ford mgmt would spend as little as possible. They need to milk the tooling and assembly line for all they're worth.
https://www.mustangspecs.com/mustang-sales-numbers-by-year/
https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/mustang-sales-throughout-years

I think they are hoping they'll manage to sell 50k units in the future and if it dips much below that they'll cancel the last car in the inventory and we'll all go buy Kia Stingers or Mock-E. I think the reason the Mock-E is a 'mustang' is so that in 10 years time there will be a large number of people who have been brain-washed (would you prefer the term 'influenced'?) into accepting it as a Mustang and will just capitulate to "progress".
Thanks for linking the chart. It shows to me that current sales of the Mustang are pretty good when compared to any but the first couple years and the release of the Mustang II, that the 2015 redesign was well-accepted, and that a redesign often produces a huge boost in Mustang sales.

I don't think you are saying this, but in my opinion it's a good business practice to change the fewest things possible and to keep product production costs down. I realize everyone here (including me) wants the Mustang to get lots of new stuff, better technology, etc. etc. However, we all want the PRICE to stay lower if possible.

So, it's Ford's job to make just enough of a change/improvement that the new Mustang will be desired (and purchased) by many of us.

I do wish that Ford would build a smaller, lighter Mustang like the Mustang II once again, but I don't want the V8 to go away. Their new design should take a cue from the Mustang II and be as small as possible while still accommodating a small V8.

I don't think the Mustang is a "dead car walking" any more than any other vehicle is. Ford has never spent a ton of money on the Mustang. And frankly I don't want them to. If they did the Mustang would probably end up being too expensive for me.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Interesting! It's one of my favorite features of my '19. The lines that come off of them look like ripples in fast flowing water that is going around a rock (or airstreams I suppose - which is probably more apt). Anyway - I think they're cool 😁
I agree, it's probably the only thing I like better on the 18+ vs. 15-17 front end. I don't dislike the 18+ front end, to me, it just appears it's missing something when the fog lights position were moved.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Man, I really hope the next Mustang looks like this... because my Mach 1 will continue on being more desirable and would probably hold its value better lmao

I really do think we’re just reliving Mustang’s past. The S197/S550 were like reliving the 60s... absolute world-beaters in performance per dollar, look incredible, fun to drive. Now with S650, we’re moving into the 70s, with awful designs and weight gain (hybrid systems and twin turbos are HEAVY), and next thing we know, the Mustang will be gone and the “Mustang II”, a.k.a. Mach-E, will “carry the torch”... except this time, I don’t foresee the traditional Mustang making a comeback. Mustang will just be bastardized into a “brand” for a bunch of bland crossovers and maybe a single 4 door sedan that will all be powered by the same bland electric motors

God, the future sucks

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
It's a bit late, but I finally finished my next rendering for the upcoming Gen 7.

Let's start with what we can conclude. This was the Sculpture that Ford showed in China last year, which most likely is what they are going for with Gen 7 and will be Fords new corporate identify face of their upcoming cars
Ford-Progressive-Energy-In-Strength-design-installation-previews-the-design-of-next-generation.5.jpg

Recently the next Ford Fusion/Mondeo leaked, which absolutely confirms that this huge single frame grille indeed their new design language.
Ford-Fusion-Mondeo-Active-2.jpg

So in the end I took the design sculpture and digitally added it the current model to give us all a look, how the Mustang 7 should look like. I honestly focussed on the frontend and only tweaked the rest a little bit.

2023mustang7.jpg

I will do the next renderings once we got first S650 prototypes on the street that actually wear the real exterior.

Not to impune your work, but I pray the front doesn't look like that. If the front end does look like that I will grab one last S550 or move on to another vehicle.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Since I'm not sure how does it generally work, if this is to be 2023 model, it'll be introduced probably end of 2021 and manufactured in 2022?
Or how does it work?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If its a '23MY, it should enter production Autumn 2022 (Sept/Oct)...........possibly with a reveal 6 months earlier. Revealing S650 on April 17th 2022 would be a nice present :like:

FastLap57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350 LARIAT 4x4
If this rendering is even close, all I can say is ''hideous''. I own five Mustangs one being a 2016 GT 350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pack. Ford is evolving Mustang styling more in line with the slap in the Mustang faithful face MACH E. It does make sense because a Ford Exec at Barrett-Jackson said that the Mustang will be EV only by the end of the decade. All I can say is ''burn that fossil fuel''.

PonyJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Wow, this is just hideous. Disappointing to say the least.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If its a '23MY, it should enter production Autumn 2022 (Sept/Oct)...........possibly with a reveal 6 months earlier. Revealing S650 on April 17th 2022 would be a nice present :like:
So... We are starting a debate on something that is slated to reveal in a year. Oh I need to restrain myself, I can already see all the notifications...

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
To my understanding they cancelled the Fusion/Mondeo for a new SUV called Evos which pretty much fills the same spot. The naming is really strange imho since the "Ford Evos Concept" was bascially the car that previewed the 2015 Mustang
Isn't Mondeo still offered in Europe? My brother has the '11 there, not sure if they stopped it there too when US Fusion went.

Agreed. Especially with the new generation of future buyers growing up with EVs...they will not know any different than the Macchiato-E.
I would be more supportive of the whole EV concept if the infrastructure (charging stations) was there, and especially, if there was a concept for recycling the toxic batteries, and actually a sustainable way of producing the necessary electricity (best meme is the one of a Tesla hooked up to a charging station run by a diesel generator). An agenda that is putting the cart before the horse, driven by ideology, politics, and lobbyists. Sad.
Oh boy, there's a whole forum on this in the 5G, but I'm guessing it'll be here too.
Just get a the new F150 with the charger, get a trailer and you can charge a Tesla off of it while towing! :D
Sponsored