• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

People keep saying the 24 looks like a Camaro....but I mean look at this older Mustang...I think this looks way more like a Camaro

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
It does take some of it's cues from the Camaro, however, that is not a problem for me, because I like the Camaro. I almost got one instead of my '19 Mustang. I will wait on the first s650 refresh before considering trading in my '19 for one.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
OMG, Identical twins..... Morons...(roll eyes)
Every imbecile knows you canā€™t say moron anymore. :crackup:
Canā€™t say imbecile either.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Like Danny DeVito, Arnold Schwarzenegger twins?

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
Cool Honda Accord and Chevy Cobalt!

I gotta say I don't think it looks like a Camaro other than the rear quarter window that they angled up the lower part like a Camaro. That's it, but it actually makes a pretty big difference in the looks of the car.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

s3ltz3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT
Okay, Iā€™m gonna let yā€™all in on a big secret that isnā€™t a secret. All the current automotive designers are probably around the same age, probably went to the same limited schools, use the same software, go through the same software training from the same vendors and network with the same people regardless of what company they work for, so it all makes sense.
That's a fair point. The auto industry is doomed. I guess the S650 is a warning of things to come. šŸ˜”

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
Pure American muscle. šŸ’Ŗ

I will say the S650 is the least attractive of the modern American muscle/sport cars. The Mopars just scream muscle, but the buyer demographics is whack. Widebody Mopar are just badass. The S550 and 6G Camaros are well-balanced in design. Just a beautiful design for both...merging of sportiness with muscle (specially the 1LEs, GT350, M1 and GT500).

The S650 feels like a marketing compromise. But better than nothing.
No.
No. No. No.
Camaro's of the last...15ish years have not been attractive, at all. Mopars are just big and heavy and honestly haven't ever appealed to me in the slightest. I DID like the S550 exterior better than the 650, but the 650 is growing on me.

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
OMG, Identical twins..... Morons...(roll eyes)
The camaro looks like it has a silly ass grin on it. Not attractive.

s3ltz3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT
No.
No. No. No.
Camaro's of the last...15ish years have not been attractive, at all. Mopars are just big and heavy and honestly haven't ever appealed to me in the slightest. I DID like the S550 exterior better than the 650, but the 650 is growing on me.
No, No.

Nope.

The 6G Camaro is a great looking car, specially the 1LE variants. Perfect balance of sportiness and muscle. The biggest issue is the visibility. The S550 is a tad more attractive, and again, perfect balance in sportiness and muscle, specially the Mach 1, GT350 and GT500. The widebody Mopars are just bad ass muscle cars. Just raw performance and looks (bad demographics tho).

The S650 design tries to be aggressive like a Mopar, while keeping some Camaro design cues, while still being a Mustang. And it just fails on all counts. Instead of making it a genuine 7G Mustang, they made it into a marketing lovechild. The new seat stitching is kinda nice though.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
having just traded up to the S650 i can clearly see that the S650 is a combination of the designs of the S197 and the S550s idea of the Mustang being a sports car. its basically Ford following up on the S197 whereas the S550 was a follow-up on the SN95.

basically what im saying is Ford and Chevy are both trying to look like a two generation old Mustang.
S650 Mustang People keep saying the 24 looks like a Camaro....but I mean look at this older Mustang...I think this looks way more like a Camaro 1700434414663

S650 Mustang People keep saying the 24 looks like a Camaro....but I mean look at this older Mustang...I think this looks way more like a Camaro 1700434517412

S650 Mustang People keep saying the 24 looks like a Camaro....but I mean look at this older Mustang...I think this looks way more like a Camaro 1700434650661
Sponsored