• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Looks like the Eleanor name is finally in a much better place now!!

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Shelby Wins 10-Year Legal Battle Over "Eleanor” Car Use In Gone In 60 Seconds Films (msn.com)

Dear Ford,

I would like an Eleanor themed GT-500 with a manual transmission now.

Thanks,

Matt

It's a bit of a long read but I have been following this for a long time and it went down great with my morning coffee. Here is the main point if the article in the link it is too long to read for you. This "lady" was out here trying to seize anything that even mentioned the word Eleanor and they were actually letting her... until now :)

S650 Mustang Looks like the Eleanor name is finally in a much better place now!! 1699720712110
Sponsored

Reactions: Zig

msgwelter

Threads
Reaction score
I want to puke everytime somebody refers to a Mustang as an "Eleanor" or a "stang."

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
That name can go to hell. Stop ruining Mustangs with that name.

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why does everyone hate the Eleanor name so much? Is the Bullitt hated as well?

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Eleanor is hated because of the lawsuit happy widow that resulted in so many awesome builds being shutdown. completely ruined the name and any legacy Gone in 60 Seconds all over effectively a fake name as Eleanor was originally just a yellow 71 fast back and wasnt its iconic form until the remake.

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eleanor is hated because of the lawsuit happy widow that resulted in so many awesome builds being shutdown. completely ruined the name and any legacy Gone in 60 Seconds all over effectively a fake name as Eleanor was originally just a yellow 71 fast back and wasnt its iconic form until the remake.
The other thing I find comical about this whole situation is that it took 10 years in court to resolve this matter. Should it really have taken more than 10 days?

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
The other thing I find comical about this whole situation is that it took 10 years in court to resolve this matter. Should it really have taken more than 10 days?
because the old lady was wanting to argue every step of the way that Eleanor was her property and Shelby lacked the legal precedent and money to truly fight it, but B is for Build winning his lawsuit opened the door right up for Shelby to get an easy W without wasting any more money.
Sponsored