• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Realistic goal on S650 after delay emails from Ford.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
This is my first time ever dealing with Ford ordering a car. However I have seen people talk about how long they have waited for the Bronco and Mach 1. With some people waiting years. Now I see where ford have sent out emails about delays and have closed the plant.

Now with that being said, what do you think the realistic chance that people even get an S650 eco or gt before August? Because this is starting to look like a super late fall release for just base eco and gt cars. Then you factor in the dark horse it's looking like this will be winter by the time they start making those models.

I saw there was possible fitment issues and stuff. Which means they have to get all that shit recreated by their suppliers if this is true. That means they basically fucked up and got incorrect parts and not gotta scramble to get them created and shipped. Or this could be just a bad batch or parts. Either way sounds like Ford didn't plan this through and check all their parts and seems to be stalling.
Sponsored

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
When the new S650 was announced, I still remember that a Ford representative told Stangmode that this time, there will be no supply issues because Covid-19 is over and that all the delays that had to do with Covid-19 are gone. Months later.. supply issues.

I think the factory that makes the panels for the car got a note that they have to higher up their quality and that they are now selecting the good panels out of the bad pane;s that are already been deliverd. This means they indeed have supply issues because many panels have to be thrown in the bin.

Anyways, this is not a fact, but just my point of view with all the info we have.

OP
OP

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When the new S650 was announced, I still remember that a Ford representative told Stangmode that this time, there will be no supply issues because Covid-19 is over and that all the delays that had to do with Covid-19 are gone. Months later.. supply issues.

I think the factory that makes the panels for the car got a note that they have to higher up their quality and that they are now selecting the good panels out of the bad pane;s that are already been deliverd. This means they indeed have supply issues because many panels have to be thrown in the bin.

Anyways, this is not a fact, but just my point of view with all the info we have.
Right I remembered that. They was so happy to say when we'd get them. Hell even at some of this car show events ford said this summer. But I wonder did they know about this in January and pulled the order banks back bc of that. Or if they was just that stupid to not check these parts to see if they actually matched up and not wait until building the car to realize they have the wrong parts and they don't fit. My thing is if that is the case. Just come out and tell the people who have ordered what happened and how it's being fixed and be honest. Leaving people in the dark after ordering is not a good public look or PR move. It makes the brand look worse especially after promising change.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
but that will tank the stock!
Ford family and friends will lose billions in unrealized wealth.

Even something as "simple" as sheetmetal can take weeks to have new bucks made, and if your tolerances get tight, you may have to significantly revise HOW you operate the press, the composition of the metal, the thickness of the blank, or the carts you store/transport the parts from one station to the next. When half-assing it "American style" has been your thing for 100 years, suddenly trying to pull off Honda/Toyota/Hyundai precision doesn't come easy or cheap.

Or there are more serious issues that are "fundamental" (eg. castings or engine parts done badly) that require retraining the vendor or scrambling to find a 2nd or 3rd source for parts while the 1st pulls it's head out of it's ass, if it can...

The covid-era has shown just how badly America industry is hollowed out, and with people dropping dead, or having been fired for refusing to comply with illegal orders, have simply walked off the job and can't be bribed back for any price. The problem I think Ford et. al. are facing is the sudden drop in worker skill+knowledge if frankly the more pedestrian bodycount willing to show up and work.

As to your estimate, anyone who provides one is lying. You could ask Bill himself and I'll bet he's been fed 5 different estimates and they've blow thru them all.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Even something as "simple" as sheetmetal can take weeks to have new bucks made, and if your tolerances get tight, you may have to significantly revise HOW you operate the press, the composition of the metal, the thickness of the blank, or the carts you store/transport the parts from one station to the next. When half-assing it "American style" has been your thing for 100 years, suddenly trying to pull off Honda/Toyota/Hyundai precision doesn't come easy or cheap.

Or there are more serious issues that are "fundamental" (eg. castings or engine parts done badly) that require retraining the vendor or scrambling to find a 2nd or 3rd source for parts while the 1st pulls it's head out of it's ass, if it can...

The covid-era has shown just how badly America industry is hollowed out, and with people dropping dead, or having been fired for refusing to comply with illegal orders, have simply walked off the job and can't be bribed back for any price. The problem I think Ford et. al. are facing is the sudden drop in worker skill+knowledge if frankly the more pedestrian bodycount willing to show up and work.

As to your estimate, anyone who provides one is lying. You could ask Bill himself and I'll bet he's been fed 5 different estimates and they've blow thru them all.
You

You are right. Tbh "the American Way" of doing stuff is big industry companies cutting whatever corners they can to make maximum profit. So as long as they are making more money then they will not care about the lack or workers or what the consumers think about their product. So the issue is really they refuse to pay American workers the money they deserve for being the backbone of the company. And would rather get parts from overseas for cheap for 100 rather than mass produce here in America and have to follow rules and pay wages. That's why people have left because they can make more money being unemployed than employed because the company has increased work x100 but not pay.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Don’t compare the bronco to the mustang, it was an entirely new vehicle.
The S650 is just re tooling.

I guess my perspective is a little different, I drive by oak wood NVO and see half a dozen mustangs everyday, I’ve seen them every weekend on Woodward for the last month.

cars will be hitting lots by July… I’d bet by august maybe more of you will be seeing them more regularly.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium

^^^I think this post is on the right track.

But that's not a Supply Chain problem, rather a self-induced Ford problem.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
You
You are right. Tbh "the American Way" of doing stuff is big industry companies cutting whatever corners they can to make maximum profit. So as long as they are making more money then they will not care about the lack or workers or what the consumers think about their product. So the issue is really they refuse to pay American workers the money they deserve for being the backbone of the company. And would rather get parts from overseas for cheap for 100 rather than mass produce here in America and have to follow rules and pay wages. That's why people have left because they can make more money being unemployed than employed because the company has increased work x100 but not pay.
You just described capitalism.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
In previous MYs, some Mustang orders were significantly delayed or canceled. Not to discount those clients' experiences, but they were few and at the extreme end of what happened.

As other's have stated, the Bronco was another extreme; it was a completely new model, built with unprecedented demand while supply chain problems were worse than ever.

Fitment and QC issues should be expected in the 650. While not a completely new car, it has new components, different materials, new assembly methods. Can Ford overcome them? I think so.

I don't care to speculate on timeframes, but I do believe your car can be produced in the coming months. For many, it's going to be like rubbernecking on the highway: fits and starts.

The delay e-mails being received are a normal part of the process. Do not be surprised or concerned if your dates change several times, in either direction.

Last edited:

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang
Now with that being said, what do you think the realistic chance that people even get an S650 eco or gt before August?

I expect to get mine early to mid July. Possibly early August. I just checked, the production week for my build actually moved UP a week...(June 12th)

OP
OP

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ehhh this car was supposed to have been started production. Then they close the plant for 2 weeks because ford didn't plan stuff out correctly and realized there were multiple errors. Which is good but also bad bc it had to have been alot of vehicles fucked up for them to close a plant down and take a big L money wise and scrap some parts. Plants dont close unless the product was so bad that if released they would face multiple class action lawsuits. So if you got a build date before that then I'm sure it might be inaccurate because it's gonna take a few days or a week to get everything back moving in a plant and check that equipment after its been setting for 2 weeks. A forced closed different from a scheduled one. That's at least a month worth of delays for 2 weeks. Then factor in they have to reorder parts and get them made again then test trial them before mass production.

I haven't received anything from ford since I placed my DH order 3/27. Me and the dealer was hoping for September. But that was before the plant closed. And I'll believe build dates when I see people posting them going into production. The Canadians were getting their cars first before they started sending them out in the States. And their build dates changed before the plant went down. So this looking like a late July - September before they actually get 80% into mass production.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
I expect to get mine early to mid July. Possibly early August. I just checked, the production week for my build actually moved UP a week...(June 12th)
May the force be with you...