• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang GT (manual) vs. Camaro LT1 (manual)

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special

Thoughts? I've seen a couple videos from this channel and I'm still not sure he knows how to shift?
Sponsored

FroYo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Actually the GT one is not PP and SS is, so diff is different I guess, tires suspension etc maybe different too. and mustang has longer gears for economy purpose. many things may go wrong and human error for sure.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
I’ve seen quite a few videos lately where Camaro SS cars take down 5.0 Mustangs. I really don’t know what to make of it. Of course there are a lot of variables. But I just don’t see how that’s happening. I mean, my car is a ’13 Premium with the MT-82. It’s got a Flowmaster muffler kit and Steeda tuning/CAI and some upgrades to the MT-82 so it’ll shift correctly. Otherwise it’s stock. 102k on the clock. Just a regular car. My father has a ’21 Camaro SS 1LE with the 10-speed auto. When we hammer it from a dig or from a roll either one it’s a very very close race. It’ll come down to who gets the hit. So how in the world are NEW Mustangs having trouble with Camaros? I don’t understand what’s going on.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Mustangs with a manual are comparatively slow. The coyote needs to be in the high RPMs to be worth a damn and the long gearing in the MT-82 is just another reason to get the A10.

Now with my C6 Z06, those long gears really helped as there's so much torque the time between shifts is just a waste.

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Boss 302
They definitely needed to have one with the PP. The 3.73 gears would make a huge improvement over the 3.55s

cstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT , 24 Tundra, 2023 M240i, 23 QX80
Mustangs with a manual are comparatively slow. The coyote needs to be in the high RPMs to be worth a damn and the long gearing in the MT-82 is just another reason to get the A10.

Now with my C6 Z06, those long gears really helped as there's so much torque the time between shifts is just a waste.
I owned a C6 427 and I couldn't beat a civic type R (sad) because my shifting is only average. I had a C7 Z06 and I was able to rock in that after installing a short shifter but many many people could have done it better.
Sponsored