• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I can't explain how you would think that. The S650 roof and green house are essentially identical to the S550 and look nothing like a Camaro. No mail slot windows in sight. In the rear, the tail lights look nothing like Camaro tail lights. The side still looks the same S650 to S550, just slightly smoother. The hood has the same two ridges front to rear in essentially the same positions. The front still has a big mouth S650 similar to S550. I don't know why I am even taking you seriously enough to reply. It's total horse manure saying the S650 looks like a Camaro.
_MG_1490 (1).jpg

You are using a fanmade rendering based on a S550 here, not images of a S650...

It's ok if you still love the S650 styling, I really prefer it over S550 too. But you can't ignore that they went for styling cues the Camaro6 used too. Man even the \_/ shaped trunk line is actually there as a design line on the Camaro. Yes the frontend is very much Mustang, the overall design theme has enough Mustang elements so you instantly recognize it as such. But the overall bodylines with harder edges and long flat surfaces is very similiar from a design perspective
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT (7th gen) vs. 2023 Camaro SS (6th gen) -- Specs Comparison 1667894047174-

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT (7th gen) vs. 2023 Camaro SS (6th gen) -- Specs Comparison camaro-

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I can't explain how you would think that. The S650 roof and green house are essentially identical to the S550 and look nothing like a Camaro. No mail slot windows in sight. In the rear, the tail lights look nothing like Camaro tail lights. The side still looks the same S650 to S550, just slightly smoother. The hood has the same two ridges front to rear in essentially the same positions. The front still has a big mouth S650 similar to S550. I don't know why I am even taking you seriously enough to reply. It's total horse manure saying the S650 looks like a Camaro.
_MG_1490 (1).jpg

You are using a fanmade rendering based on a S550 here, not images of a S650...

It's ok if you still love the S650 styling, I really prefer it over S550 too. But you can't ignore that they went for styling cues the Camaro6 used too. Man even the \_/ shaped trunk line is actually there as a design line on the Camaro. Yes the frontend is very much Mustang, the overall design theme has enough Mustang elements so you instantly recognize it as such. But the overall bodylines with harder edges and long flat surfaces is very similiar from a design perspective
1667894047174-png.png

camaro-jpg.jpg
I spent too much time on the first two images. I had to stare at them quite a while to see what you were talking about. The second images that are really isolated almost make your point. However, I just see a similarity to the '67 Mustang in the Mustang design. I guess you are saying that the Camaro copied a '67 Mustang. Lots and lots of cars have a slight angle change between the trunk and rear bumper. And lots of cars have a somewhat flat decklid above the trunk. The Mustang has a really good retro design reason to have that shape. It has nothing to do with Camaro.

Look at that crazy small tire sidewall on the Camaro. Hilarious.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I spent too much time on the first two images. I had to stare at them quite a while to see what you were talking about. The second images that are really isolated almost make your point. However, I just see a similarity to the '67 Mustang in the Mustang design. I guess you are saying that the Camaro copied a '67 Mustang. Lots and lots of cars have a slight angle change between the trunk and rear bumper. And lots of cars have a somewhat flat decklid above the trunk. The Mustang has a really good retro design reason to have that shape. It has nothing to do with Camaro.

Look at that crazy small tire sidewall on the Camaro. Hilarious.
We could discuss all day, but it's obvious you somehow have a "Camaro = bad, Mustang = good" mentalitity in your head. The C7 Corvette and Dodge Viper had very similiar styling cues too, but both cars looked amazing. Even the new Carbon wheels are very similiar to the Camaro 5 wheels. If they would just copy making 20" wheels standard for the Mustang...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
We could discuss all day, but it's obvious you somehow have a "Camaro = bad, Mustang = good" mentalitity in your head. The C7 Corvette and Dodge Viper had very similiar styling cues too, but both cars looked amazing. Even the new Carbon wheels are very similiar to the Camaro 5 wheels. If they would just copy making 20" wheels standard for the Mustang...
I don't think the Camaro is bad. I just don't think it looks anything like an S650 Mustang, whether or not the Camaro picked features off a '67 Mustang to copy. And I think people who come on a Ford forum and say that the next Mustang looks like a Camaro are trolling. You got the response you wanted.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
You sure make up a lot of stuff. Camaro too expensive? Again, you're the only one that thinks a 1SS 1LE is too much money for what you get, or a ZL1 being too expensive for the performance. There is nothing out there for the same price that performs as well as the Camaro, dollar for dollar.

Case in point:
A base '23 Mustang GT with destination and 18" wheels is $39,720. A base '23 Camaro LT1 with 20" wheels is $37,295. The LT1 will perform better in every metric than the Mustang GT. It's been proven the M6 Camaro V8 is quicker than the M6 Mustang GT. Auto, advantage goes very slightly (by a tenth or two at best) to the GT, but it's still thousands more than the comparable Camaro. Then again, you also get an awesome ~4" screen in the GT.

Moving on up...the Camaro 2SS M6 is $46,190 (with $500 customer cash being offered right now), whereas a Mustang GT Premium M6 with PP1 is $51,440. There is nothing performance-wise that the PP1 M6 does better than the SS M6, and the GT is $5,300 more.

A 1SS 1LE is $47,795. Performance bargain, no doubt. Nothing else at that price point is even close.

You can get a 335 hp V6 base Camaro for $29,390 while the base Ecoboost Mustang is $29,720.

The ZL1 is $69k and outperforms the GT500 in every performance metric except acceleration above 60 mph (all the while cooling your bum with seat ventilation in the standard Recaros). And how much is a base GT500?

Tell me again that the Camaro is too expensive?

Edited to say that I get it if someone doesn't like the Camaro styling, or the lower redline of the engine (6500 rpm isn't that low), or the visibility, etc., but to say it's too expensive for the performance you get is not really accurate.
The issue with the 6th Gen began with the Alpha platform and the 6th Gens massacred structure getting a Camaro to fit onto the platform.

The 6th Gen Camaro was a huge financial liability for Chevy and by September 2016, the plug was secretly pulled because profit margins on the Camaro’s MSRP were already exaggerated.

The Camaro wasn’t actually worth the MSRP in 2016 yet Chevy was forced to increase the price every year due to ridiculous development cost.

Every MSRP for every Camaro model was too high to begin with. It’s not that the Camaro was expensive… it’s because the price GM demanded for the Camaro was about 20-30% too high and it sank the product in the very first model year.

The Mustang is worth its MSRP, the Camaro WAS NOT…

junqdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Mustang GT 5.0 10 speed
Latest rumors state the Lansing plant will build the electric corvette (not C8, standalone model) and an SUV-like Corvette variant in the future. That would fit the rumors the Camaro production will end in 2024 without any successor since the plant will build Corvette models instead.
Had to re-read "THAT SUV-Corvette notation.........Can only imagine "WHO" would purchase such a
beast .? I hope in 5-7 yrs ,all these Brain dead executives realize "electric Muscle Cars " just ain't cool ! That they can't "give them away" and are shipping them to Third World countries and losing their asses . Course , they'll just raise prices on ICE vehicles {If they still have sense enough to still produce them } Yes,before I'm "Bushwhacked" I know Elon Musk or one of the other "electric Dreamers" have an under 2 SEC. 0-60 ugly-ass THING . But I don't see it as a feasible Market Vehicle @ the price and many other reasons. Just my opinion ,so don't take offense . Junqdawg
Sponsored