• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Throttle House: 2024 Mustang GTPP vs Camaro SS 1LE - Drag Race & Lap Times

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
"it is like getting out of a pickup truck and into a Porsche"

That's how he sums up the track performance difference from the new Mustang to the old Camaro...ouch!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Time will tell …

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Is it surpising to anyone that the Camaro can outhandle a Mustang? Hasn't that been the case for like 10 years now?

Mustang = roomier, more comfortable, WAYYYYYYY better interior, and much better looking on the outside

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
I do like these comparison videos they do because it gives some good driving impressions and interior looks. In this case however I just have to think, for both the camaro ss and the mustang gt. How many people are going to the track in these cars unmodified?

Otherwise I like the comparison basically boiled down to: If you like going to the track, Camaro. If you like going for a cruise, Mustang.

I do wonder what the Dark Horse will do in comparison around this track, hope they can get it in soon.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1
"Only" 2 seconds behind a Supra.... Jesus..........

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Is it surpising to anyone that the Camaro can outhandle a Mustang? Hasn't that been the case for like 10 years now?

Mustang = roomier, more comfortable, WAYYYYYYY better interior, and much better looking on the outside
It seems like it has, but I think what frustrates people is that it doesn’t need to be. Having a nicer, more livable interior and better view out doesn’t mean the car has to handle poorly in comparison. Those two things aren’t mutually exclusive.

stevyirwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1000hp Fiat Panda
It seems like it has, but I think what frustrates people is that it doesn’t need to be. Having a nicer, more livable interior and better view out doesn’t mean the car has to handle poorly in comparison. Those two things aren’t mutually exclusive.
Right? Ford is absolutely printing money with the F150. Not sure how they can only afford to give the Mustang a heavy refresh. 😭

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
I only made it to 3:20 where it waxed that SS 1LE ass…
Stop while you’re ahead—good job. You should just forget watching after the track comparison portion where Thomas says getting out of the Mustang and into the SS is like getting out of a pickup truck and into a Porsche.

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
No surprises here. The GT even with the PP is vastly under tired. The SS 1LE comes with better tires (Eagle F1 Supercar) and wider 285/305. It would be nice if the PP came with a better tire/wheel setup, but that is something easily fixed. You can't easily fix the claustrophobic Camaro cabin.
Sponsored