• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
The V8 was all the dodge had, sure the i6 has 520hp (allegedly, jeep has 510 so it's not far off) but unless they can either 1: make it dirt cheap or 2: make it WAY lighter, they're going to run into the issue of 1: why get a i6 when a v8 is the same price, or 2: why get a dodge when the m2 is all around better with its i6.
Sponsored

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
The V8 was all the dodge had, sure the i6 has 520hp (allegedly, jeep has 510 so it's not far off) but unless they can either 1: make it dirt cheap or 2: make it WAY lighter, they're going to run into the issue of 1: why get a i6 when a v8 is the same price, or 2: why get a dodge when the m2 is all around better with its i6.
Comparing to the M2 it might just be a better all around car than a S650 Mustang. How many people cross-shop a Dodge and a BMW?

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comparing to the M2 it might just be a better all around car than a S650 Mustang. How many people cross-shop a Dodge and a BMW?
Right now? Probably none. But when Dodge releases their next gen turbocharged inline 6 charger as their top end ice car. like it or not, the M2 will be in the equation as a direct competitor if Dodge can't keep prices down.

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Right now? Probably none. But when Dodge releases their next gen turbocharged inline 6 charger as their top end ice car. like it or not, the M2 will be in the equation as a direct competitor if Dodge can't keep prices down.
I don't disagree with you. I'm just saying that Mustang is also competing with M2 now. Darkhorse HP starts at around what the M2 Competition is and a fully optioned DH is in the price range of an M4.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't disagree with you. I'm just saying that Mustang is also competing with M2 now. Darkhorse HP starts at around what the M2 Competition is and a fully optioned DH is in the price range of an M4.
Yeah that's understandable. The Dark Horse at least has the benefit of having a V8 and is apparently a stellar performer and decent competition to the M2

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
There is no M2 Competition at the moment. There may be one coming and it will probably be AWD. It won’t provide much of a handling advantage over the Dark Horse but it will surely be much quicker on the street with its very underrated 503hp.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i
There is no M2 Competition at the moment. There may be one coming and it will probably be AWD. It won’t provide much of a handling advantage over the Dark Horse but it will surely be much quicker on the street with its very underrated 503hp.
I'm not sure about that. The track/handling package Dark Horse has some "cheater" tires. I'm going to wait for more feedback from people who track their cars.

Regardless, the catastrophic failure replacement costs for the Dark Horse will be substantially lower than a BMW and that may just be enough to sway me over to ordering a Dark Horse in 2-4 years.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I don't want to imagine what the GTD could do. Probably smoke everyone except maybe the Porsche.

It was a very nice review and the DH didn't disappoint. I am looking forward to the first official test reviews here in Europe.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Well that pretty much seals the deal as to who is the leader in muscle cars for 2023 and on! That was a sound beating of the other two brands. I will agree with others that the price tag is just too high though. My local dealer has one at msrp I heard if anyone is interested.
LOL All this Throttle House comparison showed is that these Pirelli Trofeos are worth 5 seconds a lap…🤣 I like Thomas and James as they are witty but these video was close to worthless as I would bet that the M2 with Trofeos would have been the fastest followed by the Camaro and then the Mach1/DH and the Challenger WB 6-spd was not even given a chance to beat the 175 pound on the front softer sprung Hellcat on the track which was a crime…🤣 Having said that a 911GTS or GT3 would have beaten them all with $600 plus shoes from Italy 🇮🇹 per wheel…That last for a few hot lap💲…In the end all these numbers dont mean anything except for the fun or enjoyment you get out of a car driving it on street or track (occasionally) 👍
Sponsored