• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer

Ducks from everything you are all going to throw at me : )

That being said- I want to see what a boosted DH A10 on a tire can do at the track
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
The comparison speaks volumes

OP
OP

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should have done a dig race off a tree.

As a former A10 PP1 owner- I can attest the A10 is stupid good out of the hole- the success rate of getting a good launch is high- while launching my current 350R out of the hole- at least Im not as consistent as getting a good launch (of course could also do with the fact its been many years since I was a drag race guy and Im hesitant to practice too much/ waste tires on learning how to drag race a car not meant for drag racing lol)

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
The race should have Been the DHR vs gt350R for a true companion. They put the top spec Gt350 vs the regular DH. I expect the Shelby with more HP to win. Now I want to see a dig, track comparisons, and also more rolls. I feel as though a 40, 50, and 60 roll should have been done just to test and validate data then repeated. Also test the DH against a Mach 1.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
The race should have Been the DHR vs gt350R for a true companion. They put the top spec Gt350 vs the regular DH. I expect the Shelby with more HP to win. Now I want to see a dig, track comparisons, and also more rolls. I feel as though a 40, 50, and 60 roll should have been done just to test and validate data then repeated. Also test the DH against a Mach 1.
Test all you want but the results will not in any way justify the heavy pricetag of the DH...
The GT350 was a bargain and is more valuable today than ever before whereas the DH will loose in value quite rapidly.

DH at $55K would be justifiable to me. However, if there will ever be a 'small' Shelby it will have a price tag of around $80k while a future GT500 will easily reach $100K and above...

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Test all you want but the results will not in any way justify the heavy pricetag of the DH...
The GT350 was a bargain and is more valuable today than ever before whereas the DH will loose in value quite rapidly.

DH at $55K would be justifiable to me. However, if there will ever be a 'small' Shelby it will have a price tag of around $80k while a future GT500 will easily reach $100K and above...
😂😂😂😂 we gotta stop living in 2017. It's 2023 man. The price of eggs was low then. Now that shit high. You could feed a family of 2 for 200 in groceries. Now you can barely feed 1 for 300 in groceries. Prices increase now just part of life. The DH is priced where it needs to be. Paying over is crazy. But the price is not. We all know the Shelby will be 20k more than the one from 20. So the Shelby will be at 100k mrsp. For what it's worth the DH is around the cost you mentioned until you add options. The 350 had no options so it was a bargain for sure.

Also for what it's worth. If the 350 was sold in this current economy and market back them. It would've been 80k lol. It's basically that used with an engine ready to fail without a warranty and it's be abused. I'll take the DH. I get your point but I'm a realistic person soon we won't be able to afford the next generation mustang so im getting mine now.

OP
OP

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol at some of the replies on here...

Being I'm on an S650 forum I'll be respectful and not reply : )

No need to fight with my Mustang brothers and sisters .. we all family

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
Delusional if think in anyway the DH is a better buy than the GT350, unless you can’t operate stick.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I did some calculations, and adjusted for inflation, a 2017 gt350 base would be 60k. That is right in line with the dh. Yes, yes, the dh has less power, but it has better build quality, reliablility, nvh, comfort, and material use.

OP
OP

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did some calculations, and adjusted for inflation, a 2017 gt350 base would be 60k. That is right in line with the dh. Yes, yes, the dh has less power, but it has better build quality, reliablility, nvh, comfort, and material use.

OK - Im going to break my own rules and start commenting lol

I think better would be 2020 GT350
In today dollar would be 71K - so more then a DH (although you should probably throw handling pack on the DH to make more equal- but even then the GT350 is more expensive)

Reliability lets say equal (using gen2 VooDoo on 2019s/2020s)
I mean technically Gen4 Coyote is unproven long term- but I'm going to assume its good-
I can pull up threads of Coyotes failing in S550s - Coyotes burning oil also
Heck the Coyote in my F150 burns a little oil- my VooDoo burns none

VooDoos are more sensitive to things like beating them before oil temps are up- you HAVE to check your oil constantly- I will definitely say the VooDoo is more high maintenance- so give that to the DH - the DH is less maintenance

Build quality is equal - I am seeing threads about paint and gaps on the S650 forums too - also some electronic glitches on the S650-

Material use in DH is better on interior - agree- definitely higher quality

If comfort is your thing- then yes DH more comfortable (Personally I dont buy a track car for comfort) - will add NVH in with this - although after owning both a GT PP1 and a 2019 GT350- I think the NVH in the GT350s are exaggerated....

DHR- not street legal

Warranty- going to be better on the DH since is new car- so DH wins there

I see DHs for sale for 75K after dealer mark up and current market price for 19/20 GT350 with less then 2K miles is around 75K

So the GT350 weighs less- and makes more power- so it will be faster.....

The question is- which of the above traits are more important to you

So lets take the car in the video which is an R ....

The GT350R is 300 pounds lighter then a DH with more power- and typically runs times .2 seconds faster then a standard GT350 - however the GT350R in todays dollars would be 89K ...so quite a bit more then a DH - lets just say 15K more.... (since would need to include handling pack on DH)

But wait- now lets take Market Prices- low miles 19/20 Rs are 95-100K vs lets say 80K for marked up handling pack DH- so lets just call it a 20K difference in reality

So a better test would have been a standard GT350 or Mach 1 vs. a Dark Horse
Sponsored