• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Sponsored

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
Wow. Was not expecting that lap time, honestly.

Yes, caveats aplenty (not same day, time, season, etc) with comparing to other cars...but beating the ZL1 1LE? That's pretty insane. Keep in mind the "ZLE" weighs LESS than the DH HP and makes 150 more HP and WELL over 200 more TQ. I guess the Mustang chassis must really be "crap" for the heavier, less powerful car to outperform the pinnacle of Camaro...(excessive sarcasm).

Very impressive times...if anything, it provokes more salivation over the upcoming C&D LL 2024. Can't wait!

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
DH aint messing around. Glad to see it kill it on the track.

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
another great video!

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Wow. Was not expecting that lap time, honestly.

Yes, caveats aplenty (not same day, time, season, etc) with comparing to other cars...but beating the ZL1 1LE? That's pretty insane. Keep in mind the "ZLE" weighs LESS than the DH HP and makes 150 more HP and WELL over 200 more TQ. I guess the Mustang chassis must really be "crap" for the heavier, less powerful car to outperform the pinnacle of Camaro...(excessive sarcasm).

Very impressive times...if anything, it provokes more salivation over the upcoming C&D LL 2024. Can't wait!
It's really hard to compare results from different days, weather conditions, etc. I mean, it's a great time, but what would the ZL1 1LE have done on THAT day against the Dark Horse, or how would the C8 Z51 do on that day?

I really dislike comparing track times from different days, but I guess it would be difficult to get them all there at the same time.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Awesome time. Cant wait to drive mine.....sometime next summer.

It annoys me in this video and the last one they are saying s650 gt is slower than s550. They tested a pp2 gt s550, which became the mach 1, its really an unfair comparison.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
It's really hard to compare results from different days, weather conditions, etc. I mean, it's a great time, but what would the ZL1 1LE have done on THAT day against the Dark Horse, or how would the C8 Z51 do on that day?

I really dislike comparing track times from different days, but I guess it would be difficult to get them all there at the same time.
Oh, I'm with you...nothing beats a same-same test. However, brand-loyalist tribalism knows no bounds and in the realm of Mustang vs Camaro/Everything, it'll never end. Besides, a good chunk of numbers/times thrown around by each "camp" are cherry picked from multiple sources, anyway.

IMHO, as others have stated as well, the DH (ESPECIALLY with the HP) just needs to be in an environment where it was designed to thrive. Myself and others have been vocal about the difference in power (vs GT), lack of rpm (with the Tremec) and a few other nit-picks here and there about the DH, but this really hammers home the purpose of that car. Again, C&D LL 2024 @ VIR is going to be awesome!

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I wouldn't say the testing conditions were exactly ideal for the Dark Horse either. Not sure how slick the roads were but there were puddles of water all over the place.

Mikhail24DH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Wow… This is huge for the dark horse- those Pirelli Trofeos must be a serious tire!!

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang 2019, GT 500 Magnetic 2020, 2020 Bullitt, Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Octane 2019, Dodge Charger Hellcat White Knuckle 2019, Toyota Supra Premium 2020, Toyota Avalon TRD 2020, Honda Civic Type R 2019
Now I want mine sooner and do I change it to the Manual🤔

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Watch their ZL1 1LE video, it's a quite fair comparison. As they say, the track bascially don't have any straigths, so power doesn't matter. That's why the ZL1 1LE delivers bascially the same time as the SS 1LE. Also as TH fairly stated the tires on their DH are similiar to Cup 2Rs, so even a step above the Cup 2s on the tested Camaros.

For the C8 have in mind the tested C8 Z51 had Pilot Sport 4S tires on. It's an absolutely impressive time for the standard road tires. You can easily extract 2-3 seconds if you would switch with track tires

I think the results are pretty much what everybody hoped for in the DH with handling package. It's above what Mach 1 and SS 1LE delivers, everything else would be a huge disappointment. Even if it's mostly the tires. And it's great to hear that is handles and feels so much better than the GT. To me this really means if you want a more sporty steering feeling you just have to go for a DH

Last edited:

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Wow… This is huge for the dark horse- those Pirelli Trofeos must be a serious tire!!
They are, but you'll need to figure a new set about every 5-6000 miles of normal driving. They've got an insanely low treadwear rating, so little to no mileage. The one delivered to our dealership yesterday had lots of small rocks stuck to the glue like tread.
Sponsored