• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

R3AL3ST8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Vette Grand Sport, 21 Ram 1500 Limited.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ we gotta stop living in 2017. It's 2023 man. The price of eggs was low then. Now that shit high. You could feed a family of 2 for 200 in groceries. Now you can barely feed 1 for 300 in groceries. Prices increase now just part of life. The DH is priced where it needs to be. Paying over is crazy. But the price is not. We all know the Shelby will be 20k more than the one from 20. So the Shelby will be at 100k mrsp. For what it's worth the DH is around the cost you mentioned until you add options. The 350 had no options so it was a bargain for sure.

Also for what it's worth. If the 350 was sold in this current economy and market back them. It would've been 80k lol. It's basically that used with an engine ready to fail without a warranty and it's be abused. I'll take the DH. I get your point but I'm a realistic person soon we won't be able to afford the next generation mustang so im getting mine now.
Amen brother! Well stated!
Sponsored

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Had a chance at a GT350 had 17,000 miles & they wanted $70,000 for it. Actually made a post about this a while back asking for some guidance on the possible purchase of the GT350. So all the DH haters think it's too expensive & a million other things that are wrong with the DH. So go on with your lives & don't buy one!

Also FORD has already stated that the DH outperforms the Mach1 on the track.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
OK - Im going to break my own rules and start commenting lol
Pretty good summary.
I guess the part I'm not seeing anywhere is how the used car pages are full of GT350s. For being such a great car, the actual owners are ditching them like flip phones.

No question it is a Shelby, and just for that IMO it qualifies for enshrinement into the circle of fame. No argument there. But let's not over do it. This is not a daily driver, while the DH can be. You can whip up a DH to get ~900HP, not so sure about the Voodoo. I'll take the DH please.

Parting thought: I remember reading articles in the late 70's comparing the F-15 v. the F-16, nowadays the F-35 vs. the F-22. Now DH vs. GT350. Asymmetrical comparisons are like chewing gum: entertaining but hardly nutritious.

OP
OP

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Pretty good summary.
I guess the part I'm not seeing anywhere is how the used car pages are full of GT350s. For being such a great car, the actual owners are ditching them like flip phones.

No question it is a Shelby, and just for that IMO it qualifies for enshrinement into the circle of fame. No argument there. But let's not over do it. This is not a daily driver, while the DH can be. You can whip up a DH to get ~900HP, not so sure about the Voodoo. I'll take the DH please.

Parting thought: I remember reading articles in the late 70's comparing the F-15 v. the F-16, nowadays the F-35 vs. the F-22. Now DH vs. GT350. Asymmetrical comparisons are like chewing gum: entertaining but hardly nutritious.

Yes- and there are all ready 11 used Dark Horses for sale after only a month... and should mention only 59 GT350Rs for sale ....yes many more standard GT350s

If the Dark Horse is a 5 year production run as well- 7 years from now will probably be pages of Dark Horses also

Also agree a DH would be a MUCH better daily driver then a 350R - and yes if boost is your thing I have no doubt you can boost a DH MUCH more safely.....

Ive owned 4 Coyote Mustangs previously - love them- the VooDoo just has different characteristics- which you may or may not like better ...

I think a ton of people have car ADD (or flippers)- they change every couple of years - I am definitely guilty of it (dont be surprise if a year from now I'm rolling in a boosted 10A Dark Horse for a change- either that or a GT500)

And yes I agree- at the end of the day comparisons are based on the opinion of the presenter if you think about it- thats all- we should not base our decisions on what some guy we never met tells us is better ....

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I'd like to see more content. We keep seeing these quick races once then boom a winner. However, i want to see more races, a driver switch, both cars in their best gearing for a roll. And also a better apple to apple in terms of weight. Let's not use a car 300 less pounds vs the full weight car. Get its R version too for a better comparison in terms of weight savings and rotating mass.

But owell hopefully we get more content, more races, and more data on these cars to figure out what the car likes and where the car likes to shift. This could take months but for research it's great. Also I'd like to see someone tear down the engine to see what parts are different and see if there are any mechanical restrictions just for research data.

Once these cars are unlocked, it will be fun to see how they stack up also.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Also agree a DH would be a MUCH better daily driver then a 350R - and yes if boost is your thing I have no doubt you can boost a DH MUCH more safely.....
I read once that the 5.2L Predator engine on the GT500 does not feature a flat-plane crank like the 5.2 Voodoo because of the supercharger. Something about the pulsing of the SC is not compatible with the flat-plane dynamics. Would like to know how accurate that assessment is, or if - as you mentioned - it just boils down to safety/reliability.

OP
OP

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read once that the 5.2L Predator engine on the GT500 does not feature a flat-plane crank like the 5.2 Voodoo because of the supercharger. Something about the pulsing of the SC is not compatible with the flat-plane dynamics. Would like to know how accurate that assessment is, or if - as you mentioned - it just boils down to safety/reliability.
Here is a great thread on real life owners boosting their cars- Im up in the air on whether I would actually want to boost a VooDoo- but tons of people have done it with no issues ......

(3) Boosted 350's come on in! | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

A little roll race video of a booster 350 vs a 500- you can see the 350 spins at first but once it hooks up....

Boosted Shelby GT350 vs 2020 GT500 - YouTube

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ we gotta stop living in 2017. It's 2023 man. The price of eggs was low then. Now that shit high. You could feed a family of 2 for 200 in groceries. Now you can barely feed 1 for 300 in groceries. Prices increase now just part of life. The DH is priced where it needs to be. Paying over is crazy. But the price is not. We all know the Shelby will be 20k more than the one from 20. So the Shelby will be at 100k mrsp. For what it's worth the DH is around the cost you mentioned until you add options. The 350 had no options so it was a bargain for sure.

Also for what it's worth. If the 350 was sold in this current economy and market back them. It would've been 80k lol. It's basically that used with an engine ready to fail without a warranty and it's be abused. I'll take the DH. I get your point but I'm a realistic person soon we won't be able to afford the next generation mustang so im getting mine now.
This is correct! Back in 2019 I bought my GT350 for 63k, and I thought it was crazy expensive at the time. In 2020 I bought my GT500 for 82k, and I thought it was crazy expensive at the time. Looking back on both they were bargains compared to today's pricing. Fast forward three years and the same will happen with the DH, today the price looks crazy, but give it a couple of years and it will have been a bargain. The cost of these special Mustangs is not going down and will continue to trend higher and higher as Ford offers more performance.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
We were looking at a gt 350 2017 model with 18,000 miles on it. They were asking $58,000 I believe. Wife sat in it and said nope, no way I’m driving or riding in this car very long. End of discussion. So we bought the more expensive β€˜24 convertible gt. We were looking for a comfortable weekend getaway cruiser. I thought the price was great for a 350 but after researching that car it had been in the shop three times for battery replacement so something wasn’t right with the electrical system.

OP
OP

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We were looking at a gt 350 2017 model with 18,000 miles on it. They were asking $58,000 I believe. Wife sat in it and said nope, no way I’m driving or riding in this car very long. End of discussion. So we bought the more expensive β€˜24 convertible gt. We were looking for a comfortable weekend getaway cruiser. I thought the price was great for a 350 but after researching that car it had been in the shop three times for battery replacement so something wasn’t right with the electrical system.
For a comfortable weekend cruiser you made the correct choice... while I've taken some road trips in mine... wife won't ride in it that long lol

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
For a comfortable weekend cruiser you made the correct choice... while I've taken some road trips in mine... wife won't ride in it that long lol
Happy wife happy life. Would love to have bought both but I can’t justify having two toys at the moment. I loved sitting in that 350 and it looked awesome. Maybe down the road.
Sponsored