• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
This will all be revisited next year when the new Challenger arrives standard with 520hp and more torque than the Dark Horse as well. Probably be priced comparable to the GT.
Source?
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
rumors and speculations. The only thing confirmed is that Stelantis is bailing on the Hemi, however they are introducing a new TT inline 6 with a claimed output of 520hp, 475 lbft in its high output configuration as the replacement for the Hemi.

hopefully they make it lighter, would suck to have your brand new twin turbo V6 have a slower 0-60 than its closest competitor, the M2.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
rumors and speculations. The only thing confirmed is that Stelantis is bailing on the Hemi, however they are introducing a new TT inline 6 with a claimed output of 520hp, 475 lbft in its high output configuration as the replacement for the Hemi.

hopefully they make it lighter, would suck to have your brand new twin turbo V6 have a slower 0-60 than its closest competitor, the M2.
I saw recent chassis pics on reddit and just read an article talking about what you listed above. Doesn’t look like it’s getting any smaller, that’s for sure. Either way, I hope whatever they come out with gives the current S650 the sweats, hopefully in sales and performance. Force Ford to make the lineup more competitive for the $$$.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw recent chassis pics on reddit and just read an article talking about what you listed above. Doesn’t look like it’s getting any smaller, that’s for sure. Either way, I hope whatever they come out with gives the current S650 the sweats, hopefully in sales and performance. Force Ford to make the lineup more competitive for the $$$.
from what ive seen online regarding the cost of the hurricane, its not looking like its going to be a "mustang killer" more so a "I6 alternative to the V8"

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
from what ive seen online regarding the cost of the hurricane, its not looking like its going to be a "mustang killer" more so a "I6 alternative to the V8"
Yeah, nothing replaces the experience, but hopefully the overall package is extremely competitive.

Big believer that the initial Coyote in 2011, the leap to the S550, and the huge bump in the MY18 were largely in response to competitive climates from the Camaro and Challenger. Sucks not having competitors, let alone bad ones.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, nothing replaces the experience, but hopefully the overall package is extremely competitive.

Big believer that the initial Coyote in 2011, the leap to the S550, and the huge bump in the MY18 were largely in response to competitive climates from the Camaro and Challenger. Sucks not having competitors, let alone bad ones.
for a V8 lover:

best case: its a kick in the ass to get Ford to update the Coyote for more power

worst case: its a convenient excuse for Ford to kill the Coyote in favor of the already more powerful 3.5L TT Ecoboost

since its the cheaper option due to already existing...im saying the Ecoboost is most likely of those two options

in all im saying the new charger is probably a flop without a V8 if they cant get over their obesity issue

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid

I feel as though that will be their high output car. Seems like they are copying what BMW does with their m3/m4. You'll have the base and then a high output one. But I think that this is a Huge gamble by Dodge. Everyone brought their cars for the v8. If they come out with the same interior and exterior looks and claim it as a Dodge challenger or charger.. they will probably hemorrhage money and go belly up. I saw those videos of the car and the people did not have any reaction and it could barely do a burnout. So Ford might have competition from GM but im not seeing Dodge EV and I6 going far due to reputation. Unless the i6 is the new s58 or 2jz engine.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
for a V8 lover:

best case: its a kick in the ass to get Ford to update the Coyote for more power

worst case: its a convenient excuse for Ford to kill the Coyote in favor of the already more powerful 3.5L TT Ecoboost

since its the cheaper option due to already existing...im saying the Ecoboost is most likely of those two options

in all im saying the new charger is probably a flop without a V8 if they cant get over their obesity issue
I think we will see a reversal of course in 3 years. One they see they are losing money and ev is not selling and the i6 is not what people wanted in the same body as the v8. They will do what GM just did and pause the ev crap. It's not future in all EV, it cost too much to make, no range, and gonna be 50-90k for a decent one to get 300 miles. It will flop. If anything the used car market will high an all time high. Due to people getting a used gas car over a new EV .

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I feel as though that will be their high output car. Seems like they are copying what BMW does with their m3/m4. You'll have the base and then a high output one. But I think that this is a Huge gamble by Dodge. Everyone brought their cars for the v8. If they come out with the same interior and exterior looks and claim it as a Dodge challenger or charger.. they will probably hemorrhage money and go belly up. I saw those videos of the car and the people did not have any reaction and it could barely do a burnout. So Ford might have competition from GM but im not seeing Dodge EV and I6 going far due to reputation. Unless the i6 is the new s58 or 2jz engine.
They’re likely going all in on this new platform, so even if the formula’s compromised for the hardcore enthusiast crowds like us—the ones that prefer MTs and NA V8s—I’m pretty sure Dodge doesn’t have a choice to screw this one up and they’re doing their best to create something that will entice their legacy base and new comers. If I recall correctly, Stellantis’s CEO went on public record not too long ago saying that all of their car brands had 10 years to prove they could be competitive and forced them to heavily invest in updating their portfolios, otherwise he’s shutting them down. Considering Dodge has next to nothing in terms of model offerings, I’m assuming that the next Challenger pretty much needs to be excellent.

That said, that corny Charger EV revving its Boombox synth note was cringe-inducing. We’ll see what happens. 😂

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They’re likely going all in on this new platform, so even if the formula’s compromised for the hardcore enthusiast crowds like us—the ones that prefer MTs and NA V8s—I’m pretty sure Dodge doesn’t have a choice to screw this one up and they’re doing their best to create something that will entice their legacy base and new comers. If I recall correctly, Stellantis’s CEO went on public record not too long ago saying that all of their car brands had 10 years to prove they could be competitive and forced them to heavily invest in updating their portfolios, otherwise he’s shutting them down. Considering Dodge has next to nothing in terms of model offerings, I’m assuming that the next Challenger pretty much needs to be excellent.

That said, that corny Charger EV revving its Boombox synth note was cringe-inducing. We’ll see what happens. 😂
You are correct lol. He gave them 10 years to improve and literally nothing happened. Lol you know you doomed when you have some of the worse brands in your group as a whole and then expect perfection and improvement 😂. You can get a Chrysler from 20 yrs ago and a new 2023 charger.. why they have the same look inside and parts the same? This why they get stolen alot. So if they come out with the same exterior and interior and just change the color or motor. They will go bankrupt just like Chrysler 😂. They had 20 yrs to improve and couldn't.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
No source, but with the rumored 520hp turbo 6 Hurricane engine and the new Challenger that’s bound to make an appearance soon - it’s just an educated guess. 😉
And you still are driving a v6 that sounds terrible. Ill take my dark horse with some mods. I'll make an educated guess that my car will sound better and be quicker and look better, yikes for dodge.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
And you still are driving a v6 that sounds terrible. Ill take my dark horse with some mods. I'll make an educated guess that my car will sound better and be quicker and look better, yikes for dodge.
It's an Inline 6. They sound better than a V6 and they can make a ton of power. Sure, they need twin turbos to make that power, but you know Dodge. They'll make it 800hp and sell it for the same price as a Dark Horse. ;)

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
It's an Inline 6. They sound better than a V6 and they can make a ton of power. Sure, they need twin turbos to make that power, but you know Dodge. They'll make it 800hp and sell it for the same price as a Dark Horse. ;)
Inline 6, even worse. Hard pass

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Inline 6, even worse. Hard pass
I'd put the S58 I6 up against the Coyote any day. :) Nothing wrong with a great Inline 6. Sure, it doesn't make the beautiful noise that a V8 does, but it sure beats an EV.
Sponsored