• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Yes, I remember very well why we're still here dancing. Your statement "bullshit laws get ignored or loopholed" doesn't in any way mean that laws generally don't prevent people from taking certain actions. And my concession doesn't imply that only people stop people. No way. The idea of going to prison for undertaking X crime should be enough (and often is enough) to ward people off from undertaking said crime. That's not people stopping people, that's the mere thought of severe repercussions stopping people - one of the intended effects of X law outlawing X crime. So again, yes, laws stop shit from happening.

Do you like living in your home? If so, you better pay those property taxes. I'm sure Texas has laws in place allowing the state/town to place a lien on your home if you don't pay your property taxes. That's not a bullshit law you should ignore, nor is it people forcing you to pay property taxes. To my point, has anyone come to your home demanding you pay property taxes? Probably not. But I'm betting you still pay your property taxes, don't you? Why is that? Probably because the thought of a lien being placed on your home doesn't sit well with you. That's the very thought of repercussions forcing you to follow the law.

So once again, laws prevent people from doing whatever they want with their home, car, you name it. In theory, one should be able to do as she pleases with their home, car, etc - but in reality there are several laws in place (which varies by state of course) that restrict what you can do with your property. And in most situations with most people, the law simply being on the books is enough to prevent X activity.
k

S650 Mustang Mustang Chief Engineer Confirms Locked ECU, making S650 tune more difficult tvt7l0uhnmp1f2udrghrzg44e1o5prbawat1qris&rid=giphy
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
It’s the Mustang. The single most modded car in the world. ECU will be cracked much faster than any locked computer before it.

my prediction is mods ready to go -including b
My prediction- Any modification involving tuning of the engine outside of factory will be outlawed. Not Ford’s fault. Done.
Maybe. Depends on the state. Not everywhere is as idiotic and greedy for control as California.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Can the contents of this thread be merged with the other, the one with the poll?

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Not entirely true, for instance, turned down the Jeep truck for 1 reason. That stupid shutdown at every frigging stop.

Ended up being a good thing, got this ass-kicking GT.
I don’t know the figures of the numbers that won’t buy. Haven’t done a survey.
Perhaps we should start a thread with who won’t buy.

I definitely will not buy a locked ecu car that monitors me.

There will be other options . Good ones too.
It won’t have to be a Camry.
And what other car will you buy instead? The EV Charger/Challenger? I'm assuming you're against EVs. The extinct (for 2024) Camaro? A $90,000 C8? A Stinger GT? What options do you have?

You do realize tho that ALL future cars will have locked ECUs right?

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
How many threads do we need on this?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
It’s the Mustang. It WAS the single most modded car in the world before the federal government made it illegal to unlock the ECU and alter emissions. Hard to push so hard for EV and not see this happening.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
The point is that GM tuned the LT1 to the point that an aftermarket tune is almost not even worthwhile or at the very least isn't worth enought o merit voiding the warranty
Ok, I was engaging in a little bit of hyperbole, but trust me, the difference between GM and Unleashed tunes was GLORIOUS and worth every penny. "void my warranty" humbug... I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I had the aftermarket tune on my brand new '19 SS/1LE within 4 months of ownership and next time it'll be on there within 2 weeks. If GM makes it impossible to tune, then I will gladly either leave cars entirely or buy used.

Last edited:

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I really don't know why this is even discussed. This entire topic just clickbait like a fox news or cnn headline.

If you want to tune/heavily mod, you're probably not looking at a new MY car. Unless you're a youtuber chasing views.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
It’s the Mustang. It WAS the single most modded car in the world before the federal government made it illegal to unlock the ECU and alter emissions. Hard to push so hard for EV and not see this happening.
Technically it is not illegal to unlock the ECU. Now if the parameters of the ECU are changed and emissions levels are increased above EPA limits, not that’s illegal.
Sponsored