• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
he's talking about repair and tinkering not making making it a hazard to people on the road.
you're in the wrong category of argumentation. a car has very little in the way of guidelines to be "road worthy" in most places outside of commiefornia and I live in Texas so i can buy a plot of land and build ten castles if i want... so while the principle "yes we live under a measure of tyranny" is true it ignores 2 things:

1. the fact that disobedience is the way we change that bullshit.
2. most places in america are much more free than places that have laws restricting the collection of water that falls from the sky.
Hang on, I think we got our lines crossed. @K4fxd 's initial comment was aimed strictly at cracking the S650 ecu - which I agree is likely to happen sooner rather than later. He only referenced the right to repair statute to emphasize that he (or she, don't know) can do whatever he/she wants which a car since it's his/hers. I agreed with the latter only in theory. In reality, laws prevent us from doing all sorts of shit to our cars.

I then used the land/castle as an example to further emphasize that we can't do "anything" we want even with land. And while I don't know what the property laws are like in TX, I have a hard time imagining you don't have zoning laws.

I admire your devotion to the destruction of tyranny, but I'm not sure how we got here lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)
If I don't drive my car on public streets the Gov can kiss my ass about how it is or isn't modified.

Property tax, you buy land for the right to pay rent.... Don't get me started.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
most places in america are much more free than places that have laws restricting the collection of water that falls from the sky.
WTF???

Can't collect rain water. Shakes head and wonders about how people let this crap pass.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
....options.... for a reasonably priced eight cylinder, 500 HP, rear wheel drive, two door coupe? Our choices here in the US are limited.
This compelled me to build and price a 1LT Z51 with $2K forged wheels as the only options: $74235.

If you are in no rush you can factory order this at MSRP and will have a plenty capable HPDE car right out of the box. If you need a little more, throw track tires on it and have an organ-compressing hootenanny.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Well I hope guys are right, because what has been reported and posted make this one unlockable. But yes, I’ve heard that before too.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Hang on, I think we got our lines crossed. @K4fxd 's initial comment was aimed strictly at cracking the S650 ecu - which I agree is likely to happen sooner rather than later. He only referenced the right to repair statute to emphasize that he (or she, don't know) can do whatever he/she wants which a car since it's his/hers. I agreed with the latter only in theory. In reality, laws prevent us from doing all sorts of shit to our cars.
the red text is not a cogent statement and the bold text is just flat out wrong.

right to repair laws protect consumers from big corporations pretending like they own stuff we buy.

regulation in general has all sorts of intentions and effects. none of those are actually preventing people from doing anything at all.

these are the 2 categories you are comparing fallaciously. consumer protection vs regulation in general.

furthermore, a law can't prevent anything, it can only penalize someone who does a prohibited thing.

that said, you are right in saying it will be cracked. anything with a lock can be picked.
anything encrypted can be decrypted
software can be copied
proprietary secrets can be leaked

etc etc so on and so forth.

its not a quesiton of if its a question of when.

to put the cherry on top at some point they will release PCM's for gen 4 coyote swaps.
bingo bango, there's your new ECU ready to be tuned.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
the red text is not a cogent statement and the bold text is just flat out wrong.

right to repair laws protect consumers from big corporations pretending like they own stuff we buy.

regulation in general has all sorts of intentions and effects. none of those are actually preventing people from doing anything at all.

furthermore, a law can't prevent anything, it can only penalize someone who does a prohibited thing.
Dude, I think you're trying to play attorney when you're clearly not an attorney. Regs and laws do prevent all kinds of stuff from happening on a daily basis because, as you allude, such laws act as disincentives to all kinds of behavior - being it modding cars or building any kind of structure of your pleasing on your property. While regs and laws do not physically prevent someone from doing something (like shackles), disincentivizing someone from doing something ultimately leads to prevention.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
It’s the Mustang. The single most modded car in the world. ECU will be cracked much faster than any locked computer before it.

my prediction is mods ready to go -including blowers and requisite tuning - before the end of the first year. Your local dunno shop will be able to tune your car by year two.

ford is likely tuning the car to the max from the factory to make it as clean and powerful as possible, so a synonym tune may not add much. But mods and a tune will be a big deal, especially with the hardware in the new coyote.

locks are meant to be broken if there is interest. And mustang has the most most interest of any automobile ever.
My prediction- Any modification involving tuning of the engine outside of factory will be outlawed. Not Ford’s fault. Done.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
My prediction- Any modification involving tuning of the engine outside of factory will be outlawed. Not Ford’s fault. Done.

While I think the ECU will be unlocked at some point, I do agree this legislation is prob in the pipeline which will in turn force Ford's hand in future models.

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang GT
I am curious which of you mustang owners won’t buy a new S650 because the ecu is locked and you are monitored by Ford.
I will sadly have to find a new platform when I move on from my 2020.
any car with self driving features is going to have a locked ECU, get over it.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
any car with self driving features is going to have a locked ECU, get over it.
Wait. I must have missed something.

The S650 has self driving features?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
You could probably get someone to agree that active cruise control fits under this umbrella.
Maybe, but that would be a huge stretch. Autonomous or self driving requires control of the accelerator, brakes, and steering. It will be interesting if the electric Mustang will have these features.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Product liability laws protect manufactures from the misuse of their products.

We should be suing the EPA in every court in the US.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Dude, I think you're trying to play attorney when you're clearly not an attorney. Regs and laws do prevent all kinds of stuff from happening on a daily basis because, as you allude, such laws act as disincentives to all kinds of behavior - being it modding cars or building any kind of structure of your pleasing on your property. While regs and laws do not physically prevent someone from doing something (like shackles), disincentivizing someone from doing something ultimately leads to prevention.
for your convenience i've made self refuting part of your post bold. you didn't read what i wrote.
Sponsored