• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Every new product faces the issue of current owners/users not liking it. Nothing new here. But for every person walking away there will be another coming in. The net loss will be minimal.

Go ahead! :like:

Your current car already has tele-metrics.

I know you are half a world away (looking forward to visiting next year) but how many options do you have for a reasonably priced eight cylinder, 500 HP, rear wheel drive, two door coupe? Our choices here in the US are limited.
I can’t argue with any of you’re replies above.
Actually I agree with most you say other than there not being a loss of sales. If there were a limited number of Mustangs available, they will more than likely all be snatched up as you say.
But let’s say the old days of unlimited supply returns, with dealerships sitting on excess stock. Surely some of those units would move to the serious modding crowd if ecu was reachable?

Either way I doubt the lost Mustang sales will have any affect whatsoever to Ford.
But I would be curious to see how many will not buy due to ecu.
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
It’s the Mustang. The single most modded car in the world. ECU will be cracked much faster than any locked computer before it.

my prediction is mods ready to go -including blowers and requisite tuning - before the end of the first year. Your local dunno shop will be able to tune your car by year two.

ford is likely tuning the car to the max from the factory to make it as clean and powerful as possible, so a synonym tune may not add much. But mods and a tune will be a big deal, especially with the hardware in the new coyote.

locks are meant to be broken if there is interest. And mustang has the most most interest of any automobile ever.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)
But I would be curious to see how many will not buy due to ecu.
It's my car I should be able to do as I please with it. When I pay for it "I" own it. Not Ford. not the gov.

TrackMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT
I am confident in a year or two most major tuners will have a key to the lock… if I had to bet. But who knows, I’ve been wrong once or twice.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I am confident in a year or two most major tuners will have a key to the lock… if I had to bet. But who knows, I’ve been wrong once or twice.
The question really is will these tuners spent the time and money to do it? I believe most will move on and not even bother. It's our loss but it is what it is.

TrackMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT
The question really is will these tuners spent the time and money to do it? I believe most will move on and not even bother. It's our loss but it is what it is.
I would imagine tunes are a TREMENDOUS percentage of a tuners source of income. So much so that “moving on” would mean they’re out of business. There’s enough market and demand, they will find a way to make a key. Or you will be able to buy a replacement ECU that can be/is preloaded with a tune. Buy a Whipple and it comes with a pre-tuned ECU for example.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I agree . But would you just accept it or move to a alternative platform ?
Id consider a Supra GR, m4, RS3.
But as you say , no v8 platforms. Guess our older 550s will become very sought after .

Those all have locked ECUs OP. And funny enough, they have all been unlocked in the last year as well.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
It's my car I should be able to do as I please with it. When I pay for it "I" own it. Not Ford. not the gov.
I agree in theory, but that's not how it works in the real world. If for example, you were to remove your impact bars behind the bumper cover and drive around with no bumpers or impact bars, you would get a ticket. Same thing if you remove your headlights, or smoked your headlights to the point of being black. Laws prevent you from really doing "anything" you want to your car.

Likewise, if you own land - why not build a castle on that land? Well, need to check the zoning laws first bud.

We own shit on paper, but there are still restrictions on what we can and can't do with our property.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Hilarious coming from someone with an '18 refresh lmao.
But I guess to each their own.
You mean the S550 where ford fixed and improved all the areas where the 15-17 cars were deficient? yes, i bought this car after they revealed the new camarostangs and boy am I glad I did.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
I agree in theory, but that's not how it works in the real world. If for example, you were to remove your impact bars behind the bumper cover and drive around with no bumpers or impact bars, you would get a ticket. Same thing if you remove your headlights, or smoked your headlights to the point of being black. Laws prevent you from really doing "anything" you want to your car.

Likewise, if you own land - why not build a castle on that land? Well, need to check the zoning laws first bud.

We own shit on paper, but there are still restrictions on what we can and can't do with our property.
that's a categorical fallacy. he's right and neither tyranny nor technocracy will stop that from happening. we always find a way around these insane draconian legislative shackles because hundreds of millions of minds beats a small team of engineers or beurocratic assholes.

every time.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
that's a categorical fallacy. he's right and neither tyranny nor technocracy will stop that from happening. we always find a way around these insane draconian legislative shackles because hundreds of millions of minds beats a small team of engineers or beurocratic assholes.

every time.
Yea, no, that's not a categorical fallacy. There are still restrictions on virtually every kind of property we "own". So again, no, you can't just do anything you want with your property without running into the law.

If we're talking strictly cracking ECUs, then yes, I agree that will happen sooner or later.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Yea, no, that's not a categorical fallacy. There are still restrictions on virtually every kind of property we "own". So again, no, you can't just do anything you want with your property without running into the law.

If we're talking strictly cracking ECUs, then yes, I agree that will happen sooner or later.
he's talking about repair and tinkering not making making it a hazard to people on the road.
you're in the wrong category of argumentation. a car has very little in the way of guidelines to be "road worthy" in most places outside of commiefornia and I live in Texas so i can buy a plot of land and build ten castles if i want... so while the principle "yes we live under a measure of tyranny" is true it ignores 2 things:

1. the fact that disobedience is the way we change that bullshit.
2. most places in america are much more free than places that have laws restricting the collection of water that falls from the sky.
Sponsored