• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Active Valve Exhaust Worth Optioning?

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 10 Speed Grabber Blue
Wanted to hear other's thoughts on getting the active valve exhaust on their GT's , I do not have it currently on my 2020 GT but it came stock with the quad tips. On the 24 they made it so had to get the optional active valve to get the quad tips, not sure how much i will use the different settings, probably leave it open all the time but think the standard exhaust with dual tips will not look as good and make it look like an ecoboost standard exhaust. Are most of you planning on optioning the active exhaust also? it will also come with a different rear diffuser to fit the quad tips correct ? so could not change the standard duals to quads with standard rear diffuser as they would not fit .
Sponsored

Blueberrystang2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT manual
You might as well get the active, if you don’t you only get the standard dual tips with dual diffuser, the active is the only one to get the quad tips with the diffuser is what I’m seeing

OP
OP
MarkS650GT10

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You might as well get the active, if you don’t you only get the standard dual tips with dual diffuser, the active is the only one to get the quad tips with the diffuser is what I’m seeing
thanks! yeah I was thinking the same thing, Ford kinda got us on getting this option this time lol , i think Chevy did same thing with SS Camaros

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I don't really car about the active exhaust but I want the quad tips.

The dual tips look like an ecoboost and I don't want my car look like an ecoboost.

Ford knew people like me exist and decided to make extra profit out of us by making the quad tips optional.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I decided I’m gonna go with active, I can’t wait to slap headers and an X pipe on it with the stock axle backs so the quiet mode will be nice to have.

OP
OP
MarkS650GT10

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't really car about the active exhaust but I want the quad tips.

The dual tips look like an ecoboost and I don't want my car look like an ecoboost.

Ford knew people like me exist and decided to make extra profit out of us by making the quad tips optional.
I agree, have the same thoughts on not wanting my GT to look like an ecoboost , Ford will get a lot more sales of the active valve exhaust this way

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I definitely wouldn't get it just for the looks, but I am getting active exhaust for the functionality. I'm just wondering if it will be loud enough for me in race mode. I was perfectly happy with the dual exhaust on my 16 GT and I wasn't a fan of the quad exhausts that came after the refresh because it looks busy

Fortnutgamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I agree, have the same thoughts on not wanting my GT to look like an ecoboost , Ford will get a lot more sales of the active valve exhaust this way
Active exhaust is not necessary on the stock exhaust, as it's not that loud or drony. If you plan on doing any exhaust mods and you do ANY highway driving it is 100% worth it just to tone down the drone.

On my mach 1 I use the 100% open setting for daily driving around town but once I get on the highway I put it in normal. The drone just gets annoying when you're at a constant speed.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I took the stock gt A/B's on my 2011 at 1500 miles and replaced with Borla sports. If I didn't get the Active on the 24 I would end up spending probably $1k on an after market with no adjustment ability. My 24 gt will have the active option.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
If you are not going for an aftermarket exhaust it's worth it. But if you will switch it out anyway I wouldn't do it. But you will have to to look for a quad fitting diffusor then.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
100% worth it. If I was ordering an s650 I would 10000% get active exhaust... both for the functionality and the looks ... on my 350R I leave the valves open 100% of the time but when I had my 19 PP1 car I would definitely use the different modes...road trip vs Sunday morning cruise.... I took out the resonators on my active exhaust on my PP1 and it was perfect...

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
There are way more pros than cons to the active exhaust, honestly with a resonator delete and long tubes. It’ll be as loud you would want it too be, so unless you want straight pipes I’d get it

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
For sure...the quad tips alone are worth it. Plus the "6 hp".

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I will absolutely be ordering the active exhaust. The ability to quiet it down when starting at 5am when I leave for work will keep the neighborhood gangs with pitchforks from coming after me. Also helps for long trips with the wife. Cheaper to keep her...

DemonWorks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE
I plan on optioning it because I live in a townhome and often leave early so I prefer to flip to quiet before starting. Happy to see this new mustang even has a quiet start up option as well.

In addition, when I compete at local autocross events, we have to meet sound and in the ZL1, I meet sound closed but not open...
Sponsored