• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Active Valve Exhaust Worth Optioning?

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Here in AZ most have trucks with load exhaust. I think they toss the stock pipes in the dumpster shortly after leaving the dealer. I don't think my neighbrs will think my 24 with the active exhaust will matter. Alarm clocks around here are becoming obsolete.🙂
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
If you're going to be daily driving it in the city, I'd say the active exhaust is worth it.

Aside from the common courtesy factor (I.E. not disturbing your neighbors with the revving of your loud engine if you're in an urban/suburban area or multi-family complex), you'll be reducing your risk of getting in trouble with law enforcement for violating any noise ordinances.

Blu_stallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I love my 2020 GT but my #1 regret is not getting active exhaust. Im on my 3rd aftermarket exhaust combination due to trying to find the right combination of loud without drone and being able to quiet cold starts and lower cabin volume when needed. I currently have long tubes and H pipe with an aftermarket valved muffler system and Vibrant resonators. Im very pleased with the outcome but I went through too many changes to get here, I could have saved a lot of time and money by going after a car with active exhaust in the first place, so I highly recommend getting that option.

PilotJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V
Will the tone and volume of the factory standard duel tip passive exhaust be comparable to the “Normal” setting with the factory quad tip active exhaust?

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
I decided I’m gonna go with active, I can’t wait to slap headers and an X pipe on it with the stock axle backs so the quiet mode will be nice to have.
It’s only sorta quiet if you’re not on the throttle, hence active valve exhaust. The more you get on it the louder it gets. During WOT there really isn’t a difference between track and quiet mode. You will pretty much only notice a difference while idling and easy throttling. At least that’s been my experience with my 18 with an H-pipe.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ordered the active. Wanted the quads and I would have spent at least $1200 aftermarket had I not.

Abubatata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
I think it’s worth getting, especially if it’s PP GT. I have a PP GT being built but i forgot to option it on there so it’s too late for me. Hopefully it’s not a big thing though lol.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
There is definitely a big difference in sound between a GT with no active exhaust and one with active exhaust, especially in Track mode. That + the quad tips makes the package a no brainer.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
The cops aren't cool where I live. It'll be nice to be silent(ish) when I need to be.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I added it to my order. After giving it some thought, it would be way better to have different exhaust levels then to be locked in to one note and noise level. Especially living in California

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Here's a video that goes over the sound differences between quiet/normal/sport/track:

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
My Ford Racing exhaust(made by Borla) is 49 state legal. Guess which one I could get a ticket in. The active exhaust even though is 50 state legal should still sound good. I would think there also should be no drone which mine does not have. Just being able to change sound is a plus. My order will be active exhaust.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
On this generation especially, I feel it's a must. Not only for the sound (duh), but for the better looks to the rear end with the diffuser/quad tips.

Also, whether or not the extra 6hp is "bs", until we all get a good look under the car, the exhaust might have a bit more to it than just mufflers. Either way, IMHO, the exhaust is a no-brainer.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Here in AZ most have trucks with load exhaust. I think they toss the stock pipes in the dumpster shortly after leaving the dealer. I don't think my neighbrs will think my 24 with the active exhaust will matter. Alarm clocks around here are becoming obsolete.🙂
Most likely what your hearing is Jake Brakes. It's an option you can order on trucks that turns the engine into a compressor by changing the valve timing when braking. It provides quite a bit of braking without wearing out the friction brakes. They are loud and there are restrictions as to where they can use them. If you live near a hill or the pitch drops over time, your probably hearing a Jake Brake.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Most likely what your hearing is Jake Brakes. It's an option you can order on trucks that turns the engine into a compressor by changing the valve timing when braking. It provides quite a bit of braking without wearing out the friction brakes. They are loud and there are restrictions as to where they can use them. If you live near a hill or the pitch drops over time, your probably hearing a Jake Brake.
Jake brakes are almost exclusively on semi's. Do any pickups these days even have them?
Sponsored