• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Active Valve Exhaust Worth Optioning?

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Stock/base diffuser won’t accommodate quad tips though, more mods/$$$ 🤷🏻‍♂️
That dude is delusional. First and foremost, the stock active exhaust system with a simple resonator delete sounds amazing by itself.

As someone who ran corsa extremes on his GT for 4 years, I will be the first to say that the ability to modulate volume is worth every penny, whether you think you live in a movie or not. There are multiple volume levels that will come in handy, and aftermarket systems will also be able to integrate with the built in controls.

Also being an asshole to your neighbors doesn't make you look cool
Sponsored

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
That dude is delusional. First and foremost, the stock active exhaust system with a simple resonator delete sounds amazing by itself.

As someone who ran corsa extremes on his GT for 4 years, I will be the first to say that the ability to modulate volume is worth every penny, whether you think you live in a movie or not. There are multiple volume levels that will come in handy, and aftermarket systems will also be able to integrate with the built in controls.

Will never have any need to change the volume. Maximum volume at all times. Everyone around me has straight piped shit boxes that rattle my walls at 4 in the morning, I don't complain, neither will they.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Will never have any need to change the volume. Maximum volume at all times. Everyone around me has straight piped shit boxes that rattle my walls at 4 in the morning, I don't complain, neither will they.
Long tubes, glass packs, dumps. = 100% 100% of the time.

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
My wife hated when I had the early brief and started up my STi with a turbo back exhaust at 4am. I bought the AVE just to try and keep her happy. Happy wife = happy life.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
GT Active Valve Exhaust Worth Optioning?

486 with 480 without any other factory option provide an increase?

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic

The active exhaust was the 1st (and only) option I had decided to get initially (only added NPP eventually). And I hadn’t even realized the quad tips/diffuser thing lol.
I have a wife and 2 young kids + older and very nice neighbors I wanna keep happy and friendly, but also sometimes you wanna push it as loud as you want, and sometimes you wanna be able and stay quiet and/or lay low, so win/win/win for me !
But it’s great that we’re able to option it or not, to each their own 🤷🏻‍♂️
But yeah, it is very rarely (if not never) the case where parts + ALL features + labor are cheaper to get done aftermarket, than ordering directly from the factory IMO.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Right, and I'm saying all of them sound like garbage, and the only reason to get active exhaust is if you care about having a quiet mode. The aftermarket ave kits are loads more expensive than the none ave options, and are pointless for someone who will never want his car in quiet mode and only wants 100% volume at all times.
In YOUR OPINION they all sound like garbage. Remember that, your opinion and like assholes every persons is different. Yours just seems to be more puckered over someone else’s choice and their reasons……..

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I love it and i like being able to run quiet when i get home late at night. I live in a quiet area.

But if you get that option strictly to get 4 tips. I'm sure it can be achieved another way. Since the lower part of the rear bumber is unpainted. It's an easy swap to put one made for 4 tips and then put whatever exhaust you want.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
It makes sense if you're someone like me.... someone who never plans to mod their exhaust and wants the quad tips.
Because I need quiet mode when I come home late at night and Track mode is considerably louder than the normal mode.
^^^This is me as well.

(Well, I don't work nights, but I live in a major metro area with a ton of neighbors in close proximity)

I mean, what it comes down to is that one chooses to spend their money however they like for their car. There are both pros & cons to getting the factory Active Exhaust vs. an aftermarket equivalent, which have already been made.

I don't see why the argument over it needs to keep dragging on for pages...

Last edited:

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
I absolutely use the AE on my 2022. I start it in quiet ever time as I am considerate of my neighbors, they are generally considerate so it’s a mutual thing. I live in a retirement community and most try to be good neighbors. I do however change the mode depending on how much of a db change I want. Normal is usually quite loud enough for me but it’s nice to have options instead of the same noise regardless. I’ve always thought it’s best to have options.
AMEN

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
If you're going to be getting a louder and different exhaust why spend the extra money for something you're just going to be replacing anyway? Doesn't make any sense
An h-pipe with active exhaust actually sounds pretty good. It’s nice to be able to go in quiet mode, loud all the time can be obnoxious.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
An h-pipe with active exhaust actually sounds pretty good. It’s nice to be able to go in quiet mode, loud all the time can be obnoxious.
Personally prefer loud all the time. If I ever had a moment I wanted it quiet I wouldn't be buying a v8, just my preference though.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
I agree I really regret getting the active exhaust, my friend has a 2019 GT with just a muffler delete and stock resonator and it sounds absolutely perfect, deeper at idle and better than pretty much any exhaust I've heard.

I thought by getting active exhaust I would just be paying for the diffuser to have a quad tip and then just get a muffler delete myself but after more research I found out it throws errors and a check engine light if you do that so now I'll be stuck with spending another 1-2k on an axle-back or cat-back exhaust that is compatible with the active rather than the 100$ for a muffler delete which I personally think sounds better at the end of the day.

However, if someone is fine with the stock volume then I think it's a good choice in terms of the tone but I need the car to be loud so it doesn't work for me.
Just doing a resonator delete should not throw codes. I’ve ran my 18 with AE and h-pipe for three years, no codes and my 20 the same way for two years with no codes.

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Just doing a resonator delete should not throw codes. I’ve ran my 18 with AE and h-pipe for three years, no codes and my 20 the same way for two years with no codes.
Yes that's the plan now I'm going to get an H pipe installed, I just meant doing a muffler delete alone while keeping the stock resonator will eventually result in a check engine light because the active exhaust is no longer connected so you can't get rid of it without getting an active exhaust muffler or some other work around to plug in the active exhaust.

H-pipe with the active exhaust should probably be enough volume for me anyway so I won't need to do more if it sounds anything like the s550.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
So why not just get stock exhaust and get some quad tips then, still cheaper. Unless like i said you care about having the quiet mode
Are you going to cut in your diffuser to get quad tips? Or are you going to buy a diffuser that has holes for quads. The diffuser is different on dual and quad.
Sponsored