• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Active Valve Exhaust Worth Optioning?

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
What doesn't make sense? That I want to put a louder better sounding exhaust and still have control to mellow it out when I don't want it as loud.

The extra I'm paying covers the active valves and the rear valance. AND I get a better sounding and better looking exhaust from the factory to drive home from the dealership.

The money doesn't matter but it makes perfect sense for me.
The only sense it makes is if you will use the quiet mode, otherwise it just sounds worse than literally every other aftermarket exhaust system.
Sponsored

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The only sense it makes is if you will use the quiet mode, otherwise it just sounds worse than literally every other aftermarket exhaust system.
You make no sense at all. You do know that the active valve exhaust has Quiet, Normal, Sport, and Track modes.

Commonsense and just basic understanding of how an exhaust works can tell you that each and every setting will sound different. Therefore, giving me the adjustment I want.

Not sure how you think it will sound worst in any mode other than quiet. You do know the Aftermarket AVE are the same as the standard Aftermarket kits, they just don't have a place to install the stock valves!

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
I absolutely use the AE on my 2022. I start it in quiet ever time as I am considerate of my neighbors, they are generally considerate so it’s a mutual thing. I live in a retirement community and most try to be good neighbors. I do however change the mode depending on how much of a db change I want. Normal is usually quite loud enough for me but it’s nice to have options instead of the same noise regardless. I’ve always thought it’s best to have options.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
You make no sense at all. You do know that the active valve exhaust has Quiet, Normal, Sport, and Track modes.

Commonsense and just basic understanding of how an exhaust works can tell you that each and every setting will sound different. Therefore, giving me the adjustment I want.

Not sure how you think it will sound worst in any mode other than quiet. You do know the Aftermarket AVE are the same as the standard Aftermarket kits, they just don't have a place to install the stock valves!
Right, and I'm saying all of them sound like garbage, and the only reason to get active exhaust is if you care about having a quiet mode. The aftermarket ave kits are loads more expensive than the none ave options, and are pointless for someone who will never want his car in quiet mode and only wants 100% volume at all times.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Right, and I'm saying all of them sound like garbage, and the only reason to get active exhaust is if you care about having a quiet mode. The aftermarket ave kits are loads more expensive than the none ave options, and are pointless for someone who will never want his car in quiet mode and only wants 100% volume at all times.
So, you're saying all aftermarket kits for active valve exhaust sound like garbage? This is not true at all. They are basically the same system you can get for the non-AVE cars.
And the difference for a Corsa Extreme kit is $200 - $300, that is far from loads more expensive.

I think it is all a matter of opinion. AND money for you.

You think, for some reason all aftermarket AVE kits sound like garbage.

With a $60k car, $1200 for a good feature that works just as well with aftermarket as it does with the stock exhaust is not a lot of money.
$200 - $300 more for an aftermarket AVE kit is not a lot of money.

People that really care how the exhaust on their car sounds rarely ever find the "one" the first time around. I have had cars and trucks that I have installed 4 -5 different kits on each and even custom made some of my own.

This will let me get a great sounding aftermarket kit and let me tailor the sound IN ALL MODES to my liking if I wanted too.

But my main reason for getting it was for the quad tips, the control of the modes is just a bonus. Having user presets to tailor those modes is even a bigger bonus.

But I kind of see what your saying if you are trying to save some bucks, but the sounding like garbage comment still doesn't make sense.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
So, you're saying all aftermarket kits for active valve exhaust sound like garbage? This is not true at all. They are basically the same system you can get for the non-AVE cars.
And the difference for a Corsa Extreme kit is $200 - $300, that is far from loads more expensive.

I think it is all a matter of opinion. AND money for you.

You think, for some reason all aftermarket AVE kits sound like garbage.

With a $60k car, $1200 for a good feature that works just as well with aftermarket as it does with the stock exhaust is not a lot of money.
$200 - $300 more for an aftermarket AVE kit is not a lot of money.

People that really care how the exhaust on their car sounds rarely ever find the "one" the first time around. I have had cars and trucks that I have installed 4 -5 different kits on each and even custom made some of my own.

This will let me get a great sounding aftermarket kit and let me tailor the sound IN ALL MODES to my liking if I wanted too.

But my main reason for getting it was for the quad tips, the control of the modes is just a bonus. Having user presets to tailor those modes is even a bigger bonus.

But I kind of see what your saying if you are trying to save some bucks, but the sounding like garbage comment still doesn't make sense.
You're not very good at reading. Im saying stock AVE sounds garbage, and aftermarket ave kits are more expensive then non ave aftermarket kits.

For someone who never plans on using quiet mode, its better to just get stock exhaust, get the kit you want + quad tips, like i plan.

100% volume at all times or i don't want the car

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You're not very good at reading. Im saying stock AVE sounds garbage, and aftermarket ave kits are more expensive then non ave aftermarket kits.

For someone who never plans on using quiet mode, its better to just get stock exhaust, get the kit you want + quad tips, like i plan.

100% volume at all times or i don't want the car
Maybe was my misunderstand that you were saying the stock AVE sounds like garbage. Which had nothing to do with what I was say as I plan on upgrading to aftermarket. Again that is just a matter of opinion as I do think it sounds good for a stock car.

And like I pointed out the kits are ONLY $200 - $300 more than the non AVE counterpart.

And I agree if you don't plan on using it then it is not worth it to you. I plan on using it and using it with an aftermarket exhaust, so it is worth it and makes perfect sense.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Maybe was my misunderstand that you were saying the stock AVE sounds like garbage. Which had nothing to do with what I was say as I plan on upgrading to aftermarket. Again that is just a matter of opinion as I do think it sounds good for a stock car.

And like I pointed out the kits are ONLY $200 - $300 more than the non AVE counterpart.

And I agree if you don't plan on using it then it is not worth it to you. I plan on using it and using it with an aftermarket exhaust, so it is worth it and makes perfect sense.
Sure, if you use it. Which has been my only point the entire time. Kit's only worth it if you ever plan on using quiet mode.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
0 reason to get the active exhaust. If you care about making it sound better chances are you're gonna do some aftermarket exhaust upgrades anyway, which will render the active exhaust useless.

I chose to not get active as I know I'm going to mod the exhaust within the first month probably. The quads are nice, but not worth a worthless package when I can get my own.
Sure, if you use it. Which has been my only point the entire time. Kit's only worth it if you ever plan on using quiet mode.
I was replying to the comment you made about how an aftermarket exhaust upgrades will render the active exhaust useless. Maybe you mis-worded it or something.

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Personally I think the stock AVE sounds fantastic. I’ve had Flowmaster 40 series with resonator delete and Roush exhaust and I prefer AVE on the 24. The Roush probably sounded a little better but I like the ability to turn it down if I want to reduce drone on the highway

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
It makes sense if you're someone like me.... someone who never plans to mod their exhaust and wants the quad tips.
So why not just get stock exhaust and get some quad tips then, still cheaper. Unless like i said you care about having the quiet mode

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
So why not just get stock exhaust and get some quad tips then, still cheaper. Unless like i said you care about having the quiet mode
Stock/base diffuser won’t accommodate quad tips though, more mods/$$$ 🤷🏻‍♂️