• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Actually, those Mondeo headlamps are very cool (much like the Evos).........I think they'd work well on S650. My only concern is it would be nice if Mustang had them first, otherwise it seems it's borrowing design from other cars.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Has that crease in the quarter panel near the tail lamps too. I bet this is a good indication of what design elements we could see, like it or not. Stretch and sculpt this into the shape of the S550, and I bet you will be pretty close.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
full.jpg

Is the tuner A-pillar gauge pod for testing or will it be an Ecoboost production feature? One has to wonder. 🍻
It’s for the E-boost…..

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
that 'crease' on the Mondeo looks 'forced'. Totally doesn't fit and frankly detracts. Sometimes designers need to smacked silly cause they can't leave simple enough alone.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, Velocity Blue,94 Mustang GT
I think we have discussed for a very long time, it was not going to be revolutionary. This is more than the 2010, but nowhere near the level of change for 2015.
Agreed. Maybe a little more than grill and tail lights. But not much, IMO. Remember we are dealing with swinging into the last generation of a car that is now selling 30k units a year. There are only so many dollars to be spent on engineering and tooling, even for a halo car. The Coyote isn't going to last the entire run of the S650. The hybrid and EB will. I don't know if we'll see really special models like the GT500 or GT350. My money says no, but we'll see sort of special models like the Bullitt and Mach 1. We should be glad to keep the manual transmission with the Coyote, and be doubly glad it's upgraded to a Tremec, if the rumor mill is right. Just trying to keep it real.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Official pics of Ford China's new Mondeo. Check the light signature at the front.

front.jpg

rear.jpg

n43yenkbe3ic.jpg

side.jpg
Damn, I wish we could get that here, looks better than the previous gen fusion imo, sharper, sportier, more distinct.

GT Premi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT500 '17 GT350R '20 X5 M50i
Official pics of Ford China's new Mondeo. Check the light signature at the front.

front.jpg

rear.jpg

n43yenkbe3ic.jpg

side.jpg
That's actually not a bad looking car. Too bad Ford killed the Fusion here.

Actually, those Mondeo headlamps are very cool (much like the Evos).........I think they'd work well on S650. My only concern is it would be nice if Mustang had them first, otherwise it seems it's borrowing design from other cars.
Keep in mind the Fusion had the S550 face before the S550 had it. So, you could kind of say the Mustang "borrowed" from the Fusion. Of course, we all know that particular design language is owed to the old Evos concept.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
If they painted (or Plastic Paneled) the Underside of the Spoiler Lip, that would be pretty Cool. Gotta wonder if they're gonna use the Mache Horizontal Sequential Stripe, or the Sequential Vertical Blades.

The Crease doesn't look so bad here because: 1 - it's not too Big and 2 - The whole Quarter Panel is more Vertical. Don't think it will look that good on the 650. It's unnecessary. But, I'll wait and see.

Also, I think the World is Finally Catching up to Apple after Steve Jobs Ditched the Trade Shows and went with Apple-Centric Events. And, since Covid, they've been able to Provide Tighter, more Polished Online Presentations, with Different Reveal Schedules for Different Products.

S650 Mustang First Look: S650 Mustang Prototype Spied With Production Body! 📸 1642441605164

Hey, with new Crease Lines, maybe we'll see a Two-Tone Version with Black Upper around the Windows!

(Today's Vinyl Top)

S650 Mustang First Look: S650 Mustang Prototype Spied With Production Body! 📸 1642442686806

S650 Mustang First Look: S650 Mustang Prototype Spied With Production Body! 📸 1642443179399

From a MECUM Photoshoot
Sponsored

Last edited: