• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I just did a quick Google to make sure Tom spells his surname with an E.........and came across this, which I'd missed. Tom has now retired from Ford 😭

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/quick-look/2021/03/tom-barnes-retirement.html

I met Tom very briefly in Dearborn a few years back. A friend and I had just been visiting the Henry Ford Museum during a trip to Michigan (we're both from England). My friend Matt had met Tom at the launch of the S550 here in England, and had his email address, so we arranged a quick meet in the parking lot of the Henry Ford. He was very gracious, and signed an autograph for me.
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
What are zou even talking about, all of the proportions are pretty much copied from S550
h.jpg
I'm trying to be nice, but I have to wonder where these people get these ridiculous ideas. It looks a little lower than the s550 if anything. That roof looks slightly lower, which aligns with what insiders are saying.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
No, because it's not a mule anymore. This is the real thing at this point We have seen 2 years of mules at this point in time. They are now showing us the real thing, well covered up. They designed this with the idea it would be on sale 6 months from now and because of that, final styling wrapped more than a year ago.

The pandemic and chip shortage delayed launching it in 2022.
Reveal this year? Maybe at NYAS?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The direction of the S550/S650 were leaked in 2014, along with some published renders of the “2015” from C&D and maybe MT. Go back and look at what was published because it was based on leaked CAD data.

It was always intended to be a 107” wheelbase but I expect the track to continue to widen. I am hoping we see a short and long version of the platform at release. The GT350 will probably return and I hope it is a legitimate 2-seater on a 105” wheelbase.
A long version with a 110” wheelbase too please…… so you can do all your eMustang stuff on a completely different wheelbase. 😉

S650 Mustang First Look: S650 Mustang Prototype Spied With Production Body! 📸 10F2BB0D-4754-4DD4-87A6-FF1093F363DE

S650 Mustang First Look: S650 Mustang Prototype Spied With Production Body! 📸 19E00A7C-2D08-476E-A64C-F68CC5E0CDCD

S650 Mustang First Look: S650 Mustang Prototype Spied With Production Body! 📸 6CBB85A3-33A1-4D3B-BF10-69110C7B4712

S650 Mustang First Look: S650 Mustang Prototype Spied With Production Body! 📸 CCEA2488-D4FC-4C1C-BFCB-5D95485CD7FE

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Reveal this year? Maybe at NYAS?
While that would be nice and tie in with Mustang History... Most reveals lately for Ford vehicles we start seeing in camo around now happen in June-July... But I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait til September for the Detroit AutoShow

Terlingua

Threads
Reaction score
I'm trying to be nice, but I have to wonder where these people get these ridiculous ideas. It looks a little lower than the s550 if anything. That roof looks slightly lower, which aligns with what insiders are saying.
Maybe this is what I'm seeing. But it's different. And don't try to be nice - you're not.

S650 Mustang First Look: S650 Mustang Prototype Spied With Production Body! 📸 2015 spyshot

S650 Mustang First Look: S650 Mustang Prototype Spied With Production Body! 📸 S650 Prototype 16

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Maybe this is what I'm seeing. But it's different. And don't try to be nice - you're not.

2015 spyshot.jpg

S650 Prototype 16.jpg
With all due respect man, the roofline, and the way the camo is handled is virtually identical to how it looked on the s550. That's why I'm confused as to why you think the shape is going to change so much.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
While that would be nice and tie in with Mustang History... Most reveals lately for Ford vehicles we start seeing in camo around now happen in June-July... But I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait til September for the Detroit AutoShow
Detroit would be great - esp. for sentimental reasons

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Most reveals are now done online............and I suspect it'll be the same for S650........no sooner than 6 months before production begins in my opinion.

However, it will get a public unveiling afterwards, so perhaps Detroit in September.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Absolutely, standalone online events are now pretty much the standard. Why even bothering with the over expensive auto shows where you have to split your attention with tons of other models. Auto shows were already dying way before covid.

Now I just have to hope that the livestream will not be in the middle of the night for me here 😂

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Very obvious before this even was released now even more so. If you want to see design Que’s of the new S650 I’m sure the Mach e has had them. Specifically the headlights The taillights I think are just testing lights and not actually the tailights for the car.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I think on this picture it becomes clear that these tail lights have an actual 3d shape. It seems like they still have the tribar shape but the outer ones are more angled downwards. The light spots we see are just caused by the wrap. So I highly doubt these are test lights. Test lights usally are very simple with single dots for the function they need.
S650 Mustang First Look: S650 Mustang Prototype Spied With Production Body! 📸 s650-mustang-prototype-mule-spied-8-
Sponsored