• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
This looks like a top hatted S550. With the enoumous electirication push I would be suprised if it is any but that. Just doesn't make alot of sense from a business case perspective.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Embarrassed to say I had to look up "liftback" - because I've known/referred to that style as hatchback. Liftback is a real term apparently lol. Learn something new everyday 😄
You'll also hear sportback. Its really just a marketing makeover for markets where hatchback has a negative connotation. Like a lot of modern CUVs are really hatchbacks.

I'd love the mustang as a liftback. It makes smaller trunks so much more usable. If you could put down the rear seats and lift the whole back glass you could get some seriously large items in there.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The bump in the camo on the rear glass has nothing to do with an actual protrusion on the car. If you look at the camo on the 2015 it was the exact same. If anything, the glass might be slightly lower than before. That wouldn't bother me since no adult over 5ft can sit back there comfortably anyway

S650 Mustang First Look: S650 Mustang Prototype Spied With Production Body! 📸 cutline2

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
I think the Camo shows the Fastback going almost to the Spoiler, but not quite a 1971. A Hatch might be practical, but would it be stiff enough for track use?

S650 Mustang First Look: S650 Mustang Prototype Spied With Production Body! 📸 1642287846797

Front of this one's acceptable, but the Rear Quarter Glass is not. Rear Quarters look like Camaro, but at least there's no Crease. Don't think Ford would Build Vents in the Doors. Can't tell, but is this supposed to be a Vinyl Stripe? This seems like a Shorter Wheelbase. Waiting on the Ace version.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I like what thePill has to say in post#47. If the new Mustang front end looks just like the one pictured in post#47 , I would certainly buy one. That Mustang front end looks so sleek and clean. I think thePill is on to something.

Reactions: JWS

kws6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Wondering if Ford will ruin the center
stack by going all in on touch screens
and doing away with hard hvac/ radio
controls.

That would make it a hard pass for me.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
The bump in the camo on the rear glass has nothing to do with an actual protrusion on the car. If you look at the camo on the 2015 it was the exact same. If anything, the glass might be slightly lower than before. That wouldn't bother me since no adult over 5ft can sit back there comfortably anyway

cutline2.jpg
Exactly, the things people are complaining about on the s650 mule also existed with s550 camo. Implying those won't be actual issues with the production s650 design.

Dmesser92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang V6
I think the 3.5 Ecoboost and a Hybrid option will find their way under the hood of S650. Ford will eventually have to retire the V8 but I don't think we'll see it with this generation.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
One thing I don't think that's been mentioned...................how the heck did the photographer manage to get these shots? These look to have been taken at the small test track in Dearborn. This is surrounded by a 10 foot high wall and I suspect the only way in is via a security gate.

I honestly expected the first spy shot to be on the roads around the Development Centre, where most of the cars are spotted, NOT at the track.

It's not the first time though, as the '15 was captured at the same place with a lot of a front camo missing and, as I understand it Ford were not happy!

So, were Ford ready for S650 to finally make an appearance and invite the photographer in? Or did the photographer really manage to sneak in?

The '15 &'24 for reference:
S650 Mustang First Look: S650 Mustang Prototype Spied With Production Body! 📸 2015 spyshot

S650 Mustang First Look: S650 Mustang Prototype Spied With Production Body! 📸 S650 Prototype 16