• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I wish the spy photographers would have asked the lady why she was wearing a mask alone in her car. Some test drivers take this camo thing too seriously.
Lol, in all honesty, I think they do it because many times, one driver will take a prototype out, bring it back, and someone else will almost immediately get into it. Considering covid can linger in surfaces for quite a bit of time, they may just be trying to take the proper precautions.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Anyone notice the changes in the hood on the Ecoboost-appearing S650 vs the current S550? The hood lip appears to extend further forward and raked for better aero.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I wish the spy photographers would have asked the lady why she was wearing a mask alone in her car. Some test drivers take this camo thing too seriously.
I was gonna say company policy probably. Despite anyone's feelings, we tend to do what we must to keep getting paid. Knowing they're in the "spy shot" vehicle might make it a requirement to show the world Ford is following all safety guidelines. Also, what @DeluxeStang said lol.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Is it just me, or does the hood look longer to some of you as well? If that's the case, I dig it. Was actually talking on another forum with someone who claims to work on the camo for upcoming cars. They said the s650 would look like a more elegant, and mature version of the design we have today. While I was a little disappointed at first, I think we're going to prefer this approach long term. I think when designers were told to design the final ICE mustang generation, they could have gone two routes. Making the car look really agressive, with a massive grille, and gaping hood intakes with 50 lines all over the place. Or they could make the s650 look more elegant, timeless, and beautiful. It seems like that's the approach they took, make it elegant. It probably won't blow people away when it's revealed the way a very agressive design would. But it will look good 10 years after it's revealed, which is what you want when you're making the final ICE mustang that a lot of people are going to own for a long period of time.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Is it just me, or does the hood look longer to some of you as well? If that's the case, I dig it. Was actually talking on another forum with someone who claims to work on the camo for upcoming cars. They said the s650 would look like a more elegant, and mature version of the design we have today. While I was a little disappointed at first, I think we're going to prefer this approach long term. I think when designers were told to design the final ICE mustang generation, they could have gone two routes. Making the car look really agressive, with a massive grille, and gaping hood intakes with 50 lines all over the place. Or they could make the s650 look more elegant, timeless, and beautiful. It seems like that's the approach they took, make it elegant. It probably won't blow people away when it's revealed the way a very agressive design would. But it will look good 10 years after it's revealed, which is what you want when you're making the final ICE mustang that a lot of people are going to own for a long period of time.
Are you referring to ExplorerDude or someone else? If someone else, that makes two people claiming S650 to be more elegant in design.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Guys, Ford ist totally messing with us. Upon further analysis, this is definitely not a S650 but a camod S550!!!

Look how the vertical line of the bumper is missing, but we see the old horizontal line of S550. Also the diffusor is clearly the old one.
gen6.jpg

On the Headlight Bezel an tribars you can 100% see that this is the 18 model!
gen6b.jpg
Seems like a lot of people missed this assessment so just wanted to bump this. I hope they were testing a Gen 4 Yote with battery bewst!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
How strange. Surely there must be some S650 elements they're trying to hide? If not, I really don't recall seeing a mule (as it's S550 based) so heavily camo'd !!

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
How strange. Surely there must be some S650 elements they're trying to hide? If not, I really don't recall seeing a mule (as it's S550 based) so heavily camo'd !!
I think the front looks more aggressive
But maybe it’s only the inner me that wishes that is the case 🤣

they may be testing something on the exterior that is not the same, why even do all the camo, guess more publicity ...

Last edited:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I compared the car with one of the Mach 1 prototypes, it's easy to see that the recently spied car is - again - a Gen 6 car. The Gen 7 had a totally different difussor that reaches way higher with much more outstanding lines that pressed through the camo sheets

If you look closely around the exhaust cutout you can see that they use the same sheet for the rear comper cover, but it's falling totally different on the Gen 7.
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT S650 Prototype First SPY Sighting! đź‘€ 1642595356904

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ha! Maybe they are testing the camo and not the car!
I laughed at this at first...........but you could be on to something. Obviously Ford wants to keep the styling hidden for now, so reliable camo would be a high priority. BUT......if they were going to test the camo's durability, you'd assume they'd be able to do that on their private test tracks........unless they want "real world" testing. And they'd do this with an S550 just in case the camo failed.

I think I'm over-analyzing :crackup:
Sponsored