• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

jdilissio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yep, 16 GT PP Manual, not bothered by the 24
As an owner of a 2015 Mustang GT, I am glad they reversed from the unattractive front end of the 2018 mid-cycle refresh, but the 2024 GT doesn’t blow me away enough to consider trading in my 2015 to get the 2024 look. Dark Horse looks cool though, but so does a current Mach 1 with the handling package. GT 350 is still the best look.

On the other hand, my 17 year old son thinks it looks great. He says it’s the great rendition of a muscle car for the future. He says it looks like a mustang from the video games Rocket League or Cyberpunk 2077. He predicts Mustang will sell well with 5.0 and manual as Dodge is going away from ICE. So Mission Accomplished for Ford to hit their future target customers’ attention.
Sponsored

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Looks like a Charger front end, back is a cross between being Camaro-ish and Mustang Mach E-ish.

Interior sucks. Mustangs in the past have had a dash reminiscent of an aircraft cockpit with round dials and toggle switches and harkening back to the premier U.S. WWII fighter aircraft....the P-51 Mustang.

6th gens and earlier just went up in value.

Some where I had read that the 2024 was going to be AWD with the 5 OH powering the rear wheels and an electric motor at each front wheel. Now THAT would be awesome.
S650 Mustang 🎉 The 7th Gen Mustang S650 Has Officially Landed!! Mematic_20220917_162336

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
ecoboosthp.png

For those wishing for some ecoboost high performance.
I really hope the HPP makes it in at some point. It's a great package that really makes the EB funner to drive. Being a new motor design/architecture though, I doubt it would offer any major performance increase. I wish Ford would just drop the damn ball on the EB and base non-performance pack stuff already - it's probably going to be higher in sales anyways.

The tri-bar front grille is probably the best grille option on the S550 (also expensive if you upgrade to one), glad to see that still remains true for the S650. I'd remove the bottom black bit, but looks good regardless for a quick photoshop.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
So if the S650 is supposed to have an eight year life cycle, but the EV Mustang gets revealed in 2028, would that mean there would be potentially be two Mustang coupes in the market at that time? (I'm just going off of memory here at the moment.)

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Thank you for the information.

They stuck with the crappy gearing. Weight - at least it didn't gain a lot but those numbers seem a little heavy. I think the 2016 GT350 was about 3,750 lbs so the dark horse is 100 to 150 lbs heavier than a GT350 (non R).

I'm sure pricing will be higher than I want as well. I guess it's good. I prefer not to spend a bunch of money on another new car. I just bought my snow tires/wheels for the 86 and I'm a little bitter.
The Dark Horse is exactly the same weight to the pound to the outgoing Mach 1 guess we all know what that mean. Another Parts bin special.

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i '09
As an owner of a 2015 Mustang GT, I am glad they reversed from the unattractive front end of the 2018 mid-cycle refresh, but the 2024 GT doesn’t blow me away enough to consider trading in my 2015 to get the 2024 look. Dark Horse looks cool though, but so does a current Mach 1 with the handling package. GT 350 is still the best look.

On the other hand, my 17 year old son thinks it looks great. He says it’s the great rendition of a muscle car for the future. He says it looks like a mustang from the video games Rocket League or Cyberpunk 2077. He predicts Mustang will sell well with 5.0 and manual as Dodge is going away from ICE. So Mission Accomplished for Ford to hit their future target customers’ attention.
I doubt the under 30's generation's current priority is getting 60K depreciating asset during a time when there is massive student debt and a huge housing crisis.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I love the GR86, but I would not try to double the HP out of that Subaru engine. It would be a ticking time bomb. Maybe they are stronger than I think, but I trust Ford to make a bulletproof drivetrain. Subaru, not so much.
Uhmm. Toyota already testing the 300hp 1.4 liter Yaris engine in the GR86.
That would be 492hp out of a 2.3 liter.
The GR corolla/yaris motors are Toyota OEM setups and they generally build reliable shit. Ever heard of a Supra? Legendary for more than doubling stock block power.

Subaru 400hp OEM trim boxer 4 already leaked. So yea. Subaru.
Only Subaru and Porsche doing volume performance boxer engines. We know what the architecture yielded for Porsche. Hard to beat the low roll center for a road course build.

There are Lima and Duratec 2.3 junkyard blocks from 90s that go into 600++hp dragster builds.

GR86 wouldnt even need 400hp to menace a 1000# heavier S650.

Road course performance is the only thing that matters for ICE because EV torque and EV AWD destroy poor people ICE muscle cars. Wanna crush poor people muscle car dreams? Destroy them at the light with your stock Cybertruck or Tesla minivan… yeaaa thats right.. You get powned by a soccer mom on the phone.

Here in Austin we have all kinds of Tesla test rigs rolling around. Their next gen powertrain is proper brutal in straight line.

Only place EV cant hang is road course sustained racing.

Yep, thats it. Only relevant performance halo for ICE Mustang is road course. That is why Ford is bringing the DH S and R and GT3 and GT4.
Road course is the final battle ground...

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Uhmm. Toyota already testing the 300hp 1.4 liter Yaris engine in the GR86.
That would be 492hp out of a 2.3 liter.
That's a completely different engine built specifically for boost, different architecture even a different company building the engine. Not sure why this has anything to do with what I posted about putting a power adder on the stock GR86 engine to try to achieve 500 HP.

The GR corolla/yaris motors are Toyota OEM setups and they generally build reliable shit. Ever heard of a Supra? Legendary for more than doubling stock block power.
Again, Toyota has nothing to do with the GR86 engine. Yes, I agree Toyota did build one very strong engine many years ago. But like I said, it's off topic.

Subaru 400hp OEM trim boxer 4 already leaked. So yea. Subaru.
Only Subaru and Porsche doing volume performance boxer engines. We know what the architecture yielded for Porsche. Hard to beat the low roll center for a road course build.

There are Lima and Duratec 2.3 junkyard blocks from 90s that go into 600++hp dragster builds.
I will believe a reliable Subaru engine making over 400 hp when I see one. And again, what you wrote there is not anything similar to adding power onto an existing Subaru engine. Yes I believe it's possible to build something to accommodate more power, but the Scooby engine is not like a Coyote where you can just throw a blower on it and make insane power reliably. These Japanese companies don't overbuild like Ford does.

Heck, they recommend you use 93 octane in this engine even non-boosted. It's definitely not set up to accommodate a large amount of added boost.

GR86 wouldnt even need 400hp to menace a 1000# heavier S650.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. It is great with the stock power and it would be an absolute beast with 400 HP.

Road course performance is the only thing that matters for ICE because EV torque and EV AWD destroy poor people ICE muscle cars. Wanna crush poor people muscle car dreams? Destroy them at the light with your stock Cybertruck or Tesla minivan… yeaaa thats right.. You get powned by a soccer mom on the phone.

Here in Austin we have all kinds of Tesla test rigs rolling around. Their next gen powertrain is proper brutal in straight line.

Only place EV cant hang is road course sustained racing.

Yep, thats it. Only relevant performance halo for ICE Mustang is road course. That is why Ford is bringing the DH S and R and GT3 and GT4.
Road course is the final battle ground...
Well yes the ICE outperforms an EV on the road course, but it also wins in driving enjoyment. It wins in ease of refueling. It wins when you are stuck in traffic in below zero weather with the defrost and heat blowing at maximum. ICE wins on cost to purchase. ICE wins on resale value after 100k miles. ICE wins on easier to repair, more reliable and fewer really expensive components to repair.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Well yes the ICE outperforms an EV on the road course, but it also wins in driving enjoyment. It wins in ease of refueling. It wins when you are stuck in traffic in below zero weather with the defrost and heat blowing at maximum. ICE wins on cost to purchase. ICE wins on resale value after 100k miles. ICE wins on easier to repair, more reliable and fewer really expensive components to repair.
well evs win at basically anything performance. I have owned and or still own over the last few year.. 2019 Mustang premium with ppf and the ford performance tune. 2017 Civic type R, 2021 3LT C8 corvette, 2021 Toyota supra, 2022 Camaro ZL1 and 2 EVs a 2022 BMW I4 edrive and a 2022 Audi E-tron S. For one all the propaganda and EV talk you see on the internet is false they are a snap to own and drive and all you do is plug it up at night at your house and charge the thing for 300 miles of range for about 8 bucks " refueling" is a non existent chore and i can happily non waste time at gas stations. service is also non existent... there is nothing to service. all the battery talk is BS and in the rare case you might need a battery after 8 yeears if you even have the car in 8 years what... you gonna tell me all those engines for the gt350 that were crap are and or are gonna be cheaper to replace? as for fires...LOL you know how many iCE cars a day set fire on American roads compared to electric.... do ya ? there are roughly 173,000 gas car fires on the roads a year in the US .. um so much safer then electric lol

As for driving enjoyment.. that is highly subjective. numbers show that in car sales that oh the stuff that the die hard "car enthusiasts" claim makes a car enjoyable and is their OPINION of what everyone should like is well.... 2% correct because that's how much of the market manuals hold. Car enthusiasts cant let go of the past and se that manuals suck there is way to much traffic and they are outdated and slow. Its like people who cant let go of windows XP. Now trust me I have owned manuals for over 30 years and yes in their day were the bomb and fun but now... just slow and annoying and a lot of work. But like your opinion mine is just as subjective although 98% of the population would agree with me .

loud v8 rumbles... while i love a good rev and owned many cars that were very enjoyable to listen too. The landscape has changed and now most people find loud cars annoying and disruptive not fun. Most guys who own a loud car now will most likely get dirty looks or letters form their HOA and while i personally find that a bit sad i at least understand as their are other people living their lives besides me on this planet.

performance... LOL im sorry if you don't drive a EV and find it a top level performance drive you haven't driven the right ev. Comer pay me a visit Ill take you for a drive in my e-tron with its three motors and 718lbs of torque and I can promise you ill have a smile on your face the whole time and if you can handle it I can make you pray to Jesus for your life. this car will absolutely destroy any ice on the road and is faster and corners better then any of the cars i listed above that i have owned.... and its an suv.

people who put down ev cars either haven't driven one for any meaningful length of time , haven't driven one at all or their only experience was testing out one of their friends pathetic teslas. ILl agree on that anyway that if you want a mind numbingly boring drive get in a tesla but they are representative of the performance ev market go out and drive in a real ev a performance ev.... no ice will do after that.

and to stray more on topic i have owned 5 Mustangs across several years and I personally thing the s660 looks awful its just a mutating design of 3 other auto makes they stole from nothing original here. if you wanna see how you redisign a classic go look at a C8 Chevy did a fantastic job with that this mustang though..... ford is a the master of putting stickers and new plastic on the old stuff and calling it new.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
well evs win at basically anything performance. I have owned and or still own over the last few year.. 2019 Mustang premium with ppf and the ford performance tune. 2017 Civic type R, 2021 3LT C8 corvette, 2021 Toyota supra, 2022 Camaro ZL1 and 2 EVs a 2022 BMW I4 edrive and a 2022 Audi E-tron S. For one all the propaganda and EV talk you see on the internet is false they are a snap to own and drive and all you do is plug it up at night at your house and charge the thing for 300 miles of range for about 8 bucks " refueling" is a non existent chore and i can happily non waste time at gas stations. service is also non existent... there is nothing to service. all the battery talk is BS and in the rare case you might need a battery after 8 yeears if you even have the car in 8 years what... you gonna tell me all those engines for the gt350 that were crap are and or are gonna be cheaper to replace? as for fires...LOL you know how many iCE cars a day set fire on American roads compared to electric.... do ya ? there are roughly 173,000 gas car fires on the roads a year in the US .. um so much safer then electric lol

As for driving enjoyment.. that is highly subjective. numbers show that in car sales that oh the stuff that the die hard "car enthusiasts" claim makes a car enjoyable and is their OPINION of what everyone should like is well.... 2% correct because that's how much of the market manuals hold. Car enthusiasts cant let go of the past and se that manuals suck there is way to much traffic and they are outdated and slow. Its like people who cant let go of windows XP. Now trust me I have owned manuals for over 30 years and yes in their day were the bomb and fun but now... just slow and annoying and a lot of work. But like your opinion mine is just as subjective although 98% of the population would agree with me .

loud v8 rumbles... while i love a good rev and owned many cars that were very enjoyable to listen too. The landscape has changed and now most people find loud cars annoying and disruptive not fun. Most guys who own a loud car now will most likely get dirty looks or letters form their HOA and while i personally find that a bit sad i at least understand as their are other people living their lives besides me on this planet.

performance... LOL im sorry if you don't drive a EV and find it a top level performance drive you haven't driven the right ev. Comer pay me a visit Ill take you for a drive in my e-tron with its three motors and 718lbs of torque and I can promise you ill have a smile on your face the whole time and if you can handle it I can make you pray to Jesus for your life. this car will absolutely destroy any ice on the road and is faster and corners better then any of the cars i listed above that i have owned.... and its an suv.

people who put down ev cars either haven't driven one for any meaningful length of time , haven't driven one at all or their only experience was testing out one of their friends pathetic teslas. ILl agree on that anyway that if you want a mind numbingly boring drive get in a tesla but they are representative of the performance ev market go out and drive in a real ev a performance ev.... no ice will do after that.

and to stray more on topic i have owned 5 Mustangs across several years and I personally thing the s660 looks awful its just a mutating design of 3 other auto makes they stole from nothing original here. if you wanna see how you redisign a classic go look at a C8 Chevy did a fantastic job with that this mustang though..... ford is a the master of putting stickers and new plastic on the old stuff and calling it new.
Good post.

I won't buy a car that doesn't have a manual transmission. So right there we don't see eye to eye.

IMO ICEs don't have to be loud to be enjoyable. I prefer a quiet rumble that doesn't disturb others.

And GM didn't design the C8 Corvette for people who think like me. For a 2 seat, all aluminum "sports car" to weigh 3,600 lbs they were not trying to make it sporty. And no manual transmission? I get it, mostly older people buy the Corvette and the take rate for manuals is only 20% on that car. I think GM decided their customers wanted a comfortable cruiser to go to DQ or C&C on the weekend rather than a sporty fun lightweight tossable car. It will hit 60 really fast in a straight line and that's all that most will need it for. A few straight line blasts and looking great at a show.

And I believe if you are buying and probably selling multiple cars every year or two then many of the things I dislike about EVs won't bother you.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
The BIG question is......will we finally get hood struts? 😉

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Yes, I agree lots of ICE wins.

Driving enjoyment... Ok with big asterisk:
Plaid.
Plaid is very enjoyable to drive.

Enjoyment per dollar: ICE wins

Ease of refueling?
Rural ICE.
City commuter TBD.
Debatable, plug it in when you get home and forget about it? Cross country road trip ICE superior infrastructure and faster refueling. But that is the issue, it depends on if you live rural or city and what your drives look like. So it really depends on use case.
Note if you live rural, you more likely have a truck than a Mustang; at least in Texas.

Agree ICE cost and resale at 100k.
Agree ICE repair and expensive components.
Extreme temperatures, ICE wins reliability, performance.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

Well hello Brie, haven't seen you around here in some time. I guess the S650 brought you out of your cave. :giggle: Anyway, good post. I agree with some, disagree with others, but heck, that's what we are here for.:like: