• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JR007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Not sure if this is already known but I just learned that there are 2 different dashboard designs. I assume it will be the Base design (2 separate screens)and the Premium design. (1 long screen)
Article: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/...gt-coupe-convertible-debut-detroit-auto-show/

mustang-base-interior-is-the-ipads.jpg

2024-Ford-Mustang-00024.jpg
You're correct, there's going to be two different screen options. I believe the top one is standard on the Ecoboost. It would be great if the larger one is standard on the GT, but I don't think that's confirmed yet.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 CTS-V
The Tremec in the GT was a internet pipe dream. At least it is in the Dark Horse. Besides I bet they improved it (More wishful thinking).
Just circling back. Rumors are emerging on YT reviews that the gearbox has been gutted and revamped. We’ll see.

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
Looks like a Charger front end, back is a cross between being Camaro-ish and Mustang Mach E-ish.

Interior sucks. Mustangs in the past have had a dash reminiscent of an aircraft cockpit with round dials and toggle switches and harkening back to the premier U.S. WWII fighter aircraft....the P-51 Mustang.

6th gens and earlier just went up in value.

Some where I had read that the 2024 was going to be AWD with the 5 OH powering the rear wheels and an electric motor at each front wheel. Now THAT would be awesome.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Looks like a Charger front end, back is a cross between being Camaro-ish and Mustang Mach E-ish.
Every car looks like something else, especially in pictures. At least it doesn't look like an Edsel. :giggle:

Interior sucks. Mustangs in the past have had a dash reminiscent of an aircraft cockpit with round dials and toggle switches and harkening back to the premier U.S. WWII fighter aircraft....the P-51 Mustang.
Time for the Mustang to grow up as this is the last generation before electric. The P-51 has been replaced by this....
S650 Mustang 🎉 The 7th Gen Mustang S650 Has Officially Landed!! 1663359259210

6th gens and earlier just went up in value.
Wishful thinking. A Mustang is just a Mustang. With the exception of the specialty versions they are a dime a dozen.

Some where I had read that the 2024 was going to be AWD with the 5 OH powering the rear wheels and an electric motor at each front wheel. Now THAT would be awesome.
That might have been a possibility before Ford decided to scrap the real S650 and put the S550 elevation in its place.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 CTS-V

Petter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit (2022), Mustang Mach-E (2021)
Crowd wasn’t in it at all and the host struggled hard.
I noticed that as well, and I thought it was sad. Either expectations weren't fulfilled, or the majority of the crowd was very modest;-) Some seemed more excited, though (photo from the FMC Facebook-profile):
S650 Mustang 🎉 The 7th Gen Mustang S650 Has Officially Landed!! 2022-09-17 (2)

Fidelity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Car is better looking than the S550 in every way! S550 looks like my sisters Mustang to this! F’in love it.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
GR86 curb 2810 vs Mustang GT 3780
Its REALLY hard to get rid of 1000 lbs compared to getting 500hp out of turboed GR86.
On a road course, the Mustang will be hurting....
I love the GR86, but I would not try to double the HP out of that Subaru engine. It would be a ticking time bomb. Maybe they are stronger than I think, but I trust Ford to make a bulletproof drivetrain. Subaru, not so much.

Two thingz:
Why does it have to look like an EV on the inside...?

Secondly, why do Ford's "displays" have to sit so high up in their cars..? This ruins the Explorer, Mach-E and even this Mustang. Nothing should be above the cowling, or front dashline. It purposely obstructs your view... (previously you can manually reach for 90% of everything), without even have to look down (by touch), now they are making you look and surf and taking your eyes away from driving. Forcing you to have to LOOK, instead of feel.

I can't sit in a damn Mach-E for more than 30 seconds and physically keep wanting to move that display out of my way. It's absurdly IN YOUR FACE...

And when I drive a car, I am trying to get away from things being in my face...! I want an Analogue experience.

My girlfriend can not even see the curb or the front of the Mach-e because she's 5'5" and has a display sitting above her eye-line.... obstructing her view. Everyone I know hates them... who is asking for this type of trash?

If a Mustang looks & feels like this on the inside, I'll just invest more into my simulator.
I have a little concern about this as well, but I would be willing to bet that it's easy to see over the screen. I'm sure Ford kept it nice and low similar to the current dash. We will have to sit in the car to find out, though.

I actually like the screen. I think if it's done well it will be a nice upgrade to the car. The current tiny little screens in the base cars are really terrible for a modern vehicle.

The unveil was an absolute bust as far as an event is concerned. Crowd wasn’t in it at all and the host struggled hard. Ford wanted to recreate the Fox, and they succeeded. It’s just as “uh-oh, what went wrong here” as the original Fox was. 😆
Yes it was uncomfortable to watch. Terrible. I think the crowd liked the car, but everything came out as forced and fake rather than enjoyable and fun.

I’m thinking the “tablets” sit a little too high and may obstruct the view for shorter drivers.
I hope that's just the photos. Of course they are trying to make the screens look big in the photos. But I'm hopeful that Ford wouldn't do something dumb like raising up the dash so people can't see over it.

Just circling back. Rumors are emerging on YT reviews that the gearbox has been gutted and revamped. We’ll see.
Please, please, please Ford give us better manual transmission gearing than the GT350 and 2018+ manuals!

I think the exterior design is solid. I like that it's a more masculine and strong design. I never loved the catfish S550 design. It grew on me somewhat over time, but I prefer something bolder and less feminine.

For me, everything I've seen looks decent. Nothing rules out the new Mustang for me. Bottom line - what does it weigh and what does it cost? And then it will be interesting to find out if they do a real halo for this generation. I'm hoping for a Boss 429.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Please, please, please Ford give us better manual transmission gearing than the GT350 and 2018+ manuals!
Well here are the preliminary numbers. The 1st set are for the Ecoboost which is supposedly not getting the M6.
S650 Mustang 🎉 The 7th Gen Mustang S650 Has Officially Landed!! 34578288-8201-490F-864C-8A789F2AAC3E

Bottom line - what does it weigh and what does it cost? And then it will be interesting to find out if they do a real halo for this generation. I'm hoping for a Boss 429.
Ecoboost, GT, & DH.
S650 Mustang 🎉 The 7th Gen Mustang S650 Has Officially Landed!! B093F103-4CC0-43B2-9554-CAE727CBA9E4

There was something on pricing but I can’t find it.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Car is better looking than the S550 in every way! S550 looks like my sisters Mustang to this! F’in love it.
The exterior may grow on me, but overall, the 550 is better looking IMO. The interior 'EV-like' dash looks like it belongs on a 'mommy' SUV.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Was the flywheel a culprit in MT-82 issues? I just learned from another member on here they it was mostly pre-2019 where the MT-82 became problematic
Mainly pre-2019 because in 2019 the MT-82 is different. But most of the issues were actually connected to clutch. Newer ones have different clutch but also different gears as the ratios are different. Overall the MT-82 is a PoS no mater which year.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Well here are the preliminary numbers. The 1st set are for the Ecoboost which is supposedly not getting the M6.
34578288-8201-490F-864C-8A789F2AAC3E.jpeg

Ecoboost, GT, & DH.
B093F103-4CC0-43B2-9554-CAE727CBA9E4.jpeg

There was something on pricing but I can’t find it.
Thank you for the information.

They stuck with the crappy gearing. Weight - at least it didn't gain a lot but those numbers seem a little heavy. I think the 2016 GT350 was about 3,750 lbs so the dark horse is 100 to 150 lbs heavier than a GT350 (non R).

I'm sure pricing will be higher than I want as well. I guess it's good. I prefer not to spend a bunch of money on another new car. I just bought my snow tires/wheels for the 86 and I'm a little bitter.
Sponsored