• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

You might want to check your air intake / snorkel.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I have my front fascia off right now and noticed on the passenger side when Ford installed the front fascia they pinched my air intake / snorkel in a weird manner which I believe would disrupt air flow slightly. My driver side was perfect. You might be able to tell if yours is this way with an inspection camera. I'm not sure you would able to tell with the naked eye with the front fascia still on being most of the intake in the grill is blocked off. Below is how I found it and what it looked like after I fixed it. With the front facia off, I had to remove one clip to adjust it and reinstall it. Another S650 owner in a different online community I follow had the same issue so I'm guessing this is somewhat common.

Before and After:

S650 Mustang You might want to check your air intake / snorkel. 1713846903243-6h

S650 Mustang You might want to check your air intake / snorkel. 1713846992626-m4
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I have my front fascia off right now and noticed on the passenger side when Ford installed the front fascia they pinched my air intake / snorkel in a weird manner which I believe would disrupt air flow slightly. My driver side was perfect. You might be able to tell if yours is this way with an inspection camera. I'm not sure you would able to tell with the naked eye with the front fascia still on being most of the intake in the grill is blocked off. Below is how I found it and what it looked like after I fixed it. With the front facia off, I had to remove one clip to adjust it and reinstall it. Another S650 owner in a different online community I follow had the same issue so I'm guessing this is somewhat common.

Before and After:

1713846903243-6h.png

1713846992626-m4.png
Fully admitting i haven’t gone out and looked at ours but since i can see the filter in the pic does that mean one may be to see / correct without removing the front clip (fascia)

Reactions: JAL

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
Yeah, when I upgraded my sway bars, I pulled the stock air boxes and noticed the same issue. Mine was crunched up a bit on the passenger side. It is likely due to the odd angle that the passenger airbox has to be placed in when installed as it doesn't line up on its own. It has to be guided in to seat properly.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I have my front fascia off right now and noticed on the passenger side when Ford installed the front fascia they pinched my air intake / snorkel in a weird manner which I believe would disrupt air flow slightly.
Hmm, in the GT's, didn't believe the Pax nostril/snout functional due to the windshield washer tank being there. In the DH's, both nostrils/snouts are functional and fed directly to the air filter cones.

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
One of mine is like this. You can see it on the GT with everything assembled. It looks like you can fix it from the intake side and not having to pull off the front cover.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
This is certainly misaligned. I ended up realigning both of mine when doing my sway bars. Driver side is easy to do with the front cover on but passenger side is much harder to get seated properly.

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
Hmm, in the GT's, didn't believe the Pax nostril/snout functional due to the windshield washer tank being there. In the DH's, both nostrils/snouts are functional and fed directly to the air filter cones.
Yeah, they are both functional on the GTs

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
You can check from the front grill with a good light source at the right angle. I wonder if is happened on earlier builds. I checked mine all looks good.

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
I think the DH windshield washer tank is in the same spot as a GT.

Seo124

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Early model (under 500) was fine. Maybe a crew does it one way, another another way.
Sponsored