• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Check your cars out good

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Before you take off from the dealerships with them. Our son was looking at ours today and showed his dad a couple little dents in it. Of course hubby said where did you park to get those? I have literally taken it out twice where I have parked in the parking lot, neither time there was no way anyone could have parked next to me on the drivers side. Now he checked out the car good before we bought it Almost 2 weeks ago, ut they are very small, one towards front and one towards back, both on drivers side! When we got home, he got looking again and said those dents were there before it was even painted. We need to check the other side yet. He is reading up on the 2024 mustang now and a lot of people have dents like this and big scratches. The dealers are saying it had to have happened during transporting. Well no way could mine have happened during transportation.
Yes, these Ford workers REALLY deserve huge raises! NOT!
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
if the dents were there before the car was painted it has more to do with the stamping process or how the panels are held by the robots.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Drivers side door?
Probably the transporters not caring very much. Dealership probably buffed the car so it wouldnt be obvious that the its a dent from a hit it took

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Just drove through beechmont ford Ohio and one of their black ones I think it was had badddd surface scratches across the bumper and the hood vent. Not necessarily deep through the paint but definitely going to need a strong buff job

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I haven't bought a new car yet in this price range that didn't have a couple of microscopic imperfections. Don't blame ford for something you missed and don't let it bother you is the simple answer IMO.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drivers side door?
Probably the transporters not caring very much. Dealership probably buffed the car so it wouldnt be obvious that the its a dent from a hit it took
It is so small we never even saw them. Our sons eyes are much better than ours. I know nothing is perfect but when you pay that kind of money, you still want it as perfect as you can get it.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I know nothing is perfect but when you pay that kind of money, you still want it as perfect as you can get it.
Like you said, it ain't going to be perfect, nothing is. But it would be nice to get it as perfect as it can be for a mass produced product.

My last new Mustang had a replacement fender installed before I bought it. It was pretty obvious when I lifted the hood, the inner mounting flange was unpainted but all the fasteners were painted body color. So, they must've installed the fender first, then taped it off with the hood closed and painted it,

From all the commentary here, I am building my own "PDI" of things to check. I am not going to nit-pick, but any blatant issues, I will get the dealer to fix.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like you said, it ain't going to be perfect, nothing is. But it would be nice to get it as perfect as it can be for a mass produced product.

My last new Mustang had a replacement fender installed before I bought it. It was pretty obvious when I lifted the hood, the inner mounting flange was unpainted but all the fasteners were painted body color. So, they must've installed the fender first, then taped it off with the hood closed and painted it,

From all the commentary here, I am building my own "PDI" of things to check. I am not going to nit-pick, but any blatant issues, I will get the dealer to fix.
I don’t expect for them to fix this, but I am going to show it to them.
Even with what I do now, I tell the people I clean for, I’m not perfect, but I want things as near to perfect as they can be. So I always have them check everything before I leave and I tell them if there is something I have missed please tell me. Nothing yet thankfully. 😂

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Always check the car good before taking it.
We did, we were out in the bright sunshine and hubby walked around the car really good. These are just 2 tiny dents. I just wish I would have seen it before we took off.

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I got 4 I owe you, they are replacing my driver door panel entirely, passenger recarro, repainting rear wing, and replacing entire interior carpet and no parts are available yet so if something is damaged you won’t see the replacement for 4-6months

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
I got 4 I owe you, they are replacing my driver door panel entirely, passenger recarro, repainting rear wing, and replacing entire interior carpet and no parts are available yet so if something is damaged you won’t see the replacement for 4-6months
Did you find the source of your issue? That would be my biggest concern, it not being repeated.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
We did, we were out in the bright sunshine and hubby walked around the car really good. These are just 2 tiny dents. I just wish I would have seen it before we took off.
Honestly I would just call a reputable PDR person or push the dealer to use theirs. There are a lot of cars that are fixed due to damage while in transit before delivery that most know nothing of when picking up their cars. Dings happen, even small paint touch ups are done by mobile repair people without a buyers knowledge. If it’s under a certain amount most dealers are not even required to disclose it.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly I would just call a reputable PDR person or push the dealer to use theirs. There are a lot of cars that are fixed due to damage while in transit before delivery that most know nothing of when picking up their cars. Dings happen, even small paint touch ups are done by mobile repair people without a buyers knowledge. If it’s under a certain amount most dealers are not even required to disclose it.
I am going to check out the other side tomorrow and really look it over good myself first. I never took it out of the garage today.
We took it to Starbucks lastnight. I wanted my husband to drive it as he had only drive. It a couple minutes before. He drives manuals, but he is used to the 6 cylinder jeep and you shift it a lot sooner. So that’s how he was shifting the car. Lol. He will get used to it. I love it

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Did you find the source of your issue? That would be my biggest concern, it not being repeated.
water test entire exterior pressure washer, all underbody? No more water 💦 I’d bet it was the door was crack causing the window tobe slightly rolled down or down partially
Sponsored