• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Check out this covertible's wheels

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Stopped by a dealership today to look at what I thought was a GT Premium Convertible with the standard shadow silver-painted aluminum wheels. When I got there it had black wheels. I talked to one of the salesman because I wasn't familiar with the wheels and he told me they had the standard wheels painted black. They looked absolutely amazing. I liked these better then the nite pony package wheels.

I think I'm going to wind up doing this with mine. The whole look was terrific. I liked that it still maintained the chrome badging and pony and headlight rings. Sometimes I think the NP is just TOO much black on a black car

Anyway here are some pics for anyone considering doing this. They told me their cost was around $1K to have them done.

S650 Mustang Check out this covertible's wheels 1000010972

S650 Mustang Check out this covertible's wheels 1000010976

S650 Mustang Check out this covertible's wheels 1000010970

S650 Mustang Check out this covertible's wheels 1000010969

S650 Mustang Check out this covertible's wheels 1000010973
Sponsored

Last edited:

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Premium 401A 6 Speed
Are they "Spray" or "Dip" painted? I would also like to know what kind of prep work they did to the original finish of the wheels prior to painting to insure a proper bond so that the paint won't flake or blister over time.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
Are they "Spray" or "Dip" painted? I would also like to know what kind of prep work they did to the original finish of the wheels prior to painting to insure a proper bond so that the paint won't flake or blister over time.
Yeah, this right here. They look great now but in three years??

This concern is why I haven’t yet had my calipers painted.
Sponsored