• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Refresh: What You Want To See

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
We're obviously 3-5 years away from seeing a s650 refresh. But this might be the perfect time to ask this question, as ford's almost certainly starting to work on it, or will be in the near future, and may look to the forums to see what fans want.

Personally, I would like some new headlights with a horizontal tri-bar look like that leaked image. Not the grille from that, but the headlights could be interesting on a sports car.Just for fun, I also used my phone to sketch up a rough idea for what I would like to see with a revised rear end.

Beyond visual changes, I would also love to see the 2.3/5.0 hybrids they were working on added, and some general chassis/handling improvements.

Look forward to seeing all of your suggestions as well.

S650 Mustang S650 Refresh: What You Want To See evoindia_2020-12_19a69260-ca1a-4c3e-9eba-1e9a4d4f015e_New_Mahindra_Ford_SUV_grille

S650 Mustang S650 Refresh: What You Want To See b972b766-a5bf-4227-9ca0-7bc4958cd92d
Sponsored

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
We're obviously 3-5 years away from seeing a s650 refresh. But this might be the perfect time to ask this question, as ford's almost certainly starting to work on it, or will be in the near future, and may look to the forums to see what fans want.

Personally, I would like some new headlights with a horizontal tri-bar look like that leaked image. Not the grille from that, but the headlights could be interesting on a sports car.Just for fun, I also used my phone to sketch up a rough idea for what I would like to see with a revised rear end.

Beyond visual changes, I would also love to see the 2.3/5.0 hybrids they were working on added, and some general chassis/handling improvements.

Look forward to seeing all of your suggestions as well.

evoindia_2020-12_19a69260-ca1a-4c3e-9eba-1e9a4d4f015e_New_Mahindra_Ford_SUV_grille.jpg

b972b766-a5bf-4227-9ca0-7bc4958cd92d.png
Bring back the double haunches and have the screens work around them. Even if you have to make the screens smaller, I think just about everyone would prefer that over a tablet glued onto a dash

designatedrhythm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost/Chevy Silverado 1500 RST
Hybrid V8 that was teased or even an Ecoboost hybrid that gets great gas mileage but can send the battery power down when you floor it.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Exterior
A more "aggressive" headlamp design
A revised grille.....make it slightly smaller, with more bumper, less grille
Make the "cowl" on the hood a little more defined, larger
Larger tail lamps......keep the design, just make the 10% larger
Reduce the amount of grey plastic in the rear diffuser (think going from '12MY to '13MY)
Quad exhaust stock on the GT

Interior
Retro fit the S550 interior, but give it Sync 4 :crackup:
That's not going to happen, but integrate the screens into the dash and give is back the dual cowl.

Drivetrain
A hybrid V8 option
500hp for the stock GT Coyote......520hp for the DH

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Honestly, priority one (and two, three, four, five ...) has to be better quality control all around. We don't know what the S650 will be like yet, but the recent track record for Ford has been pretty dismal šŸ™

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I would say less matte plastic on the exterior and more gloss black. The front would look so much better if the lower half was gloss black like the grill. Same with the rear diffusor

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I want more performance in a simple car at a relatively low price. Return back to the original concept and the Mustang II concept. The Mustang designs that had HUGE, TREMENDOUS sales numbers. Not the low-sales, bloated vehicle we have now.

I'd like to see a lighter, smaller, more compact Mustang. Less expensive consumables, better fuel economy, better handling.

I would much rather see a V6 or 4 cylinder (or a tiny V8 even better) only in a 3,000 lb NA car than a V8 hybrid AWD 4,200-4,500 lb car.

Better weight balance with a transaxle would be awesome. Definitely retain RWD, no FWD.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
AWD, HUD and a restructured dash. Implement the screens and redesign the center console. A better looking hood, especially the air intake on the GT, would be nice. The S650 hood looks somewhat unproportional on photos... GT500 hood would be overkill but something in between maybe?!

Impossible (technically or money wise) due to the old platform but still much appreciated:
- lightweight
- a larger tailgate
- modern tech (smartphone key, 360 camera etc.)

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
If 2024 is to 2015 'punching fist', i'd like to see the refresh a bit more like 2018 with a bit more aggressive and sleeker form.

-Ditch the RTR inspired plastic on the DH, and be more Mach1/GT350
-Audi like LED front/rear lights with animation.
-Interior rework to flow better and integrate the screens.
-60th Anniversary of Bullitt. Similar interior like the DH, but with DHG. A DHG anodized titanium shift knob. 500hp, DHG, Tremec w/PP1

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
If 2024 is to 2015 'punching fist', i'd like to see the refresh a bit more like 2018 with a bit more aggressive and sleeker form.

-Ditch the RTR inspired plastic on the DH, and be more Mach1/GT350
-Audi like LED front/rear lights with animation.
-Interior rework to flow better and integrate the screens.
-60th Anniversary of Bullitt. Similar interior like the DH, but with DHG. A DHG anodized titanium shift knob. 500hp, DHG, Tremec w/PP1
What do you mean by DHG?

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Keep it as is, just do model trim variations.
Use the dodge formula

Rams and challengers havenā€™t changed in almost 20 years, milk it for profit and focus on quality and strengthening the company image

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Keep it as is, just do model trim variations.
Use the dodge formula

Rams and challengers havenā€™t changed in almost 20 years, milk it for profit and focus on quality and strengthening the company image
I like the idea of doing things more like Dodge quite a bit. I would prefer a smaller Mustang, but this is something that could get Ford lots of sales with less time spent re-engineering the car.

Make packages with 6.2 or 6.4 liter or whatever engine size it is that Dodge has been doing that gets them so many sales. Plop in the GT500 engine into an option package on the GT rather than making a very small number of the halo DH cars so their customers either have to pay extra or have an inside connection to get one (similar to the Hellcat engine). Ford could also do a destroked 7.3 or modify the old V8 from the Raptor and drop that into a version of the GT. That would definately be pushing the easy button and it would get a lot of sales in the same fashion that Dodge has been the last few years.

Edit: also maybe an option for somewhat less bolstered and more comfortable seats more like the Dodge seats.
Sponsored

Last edited: