• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will you be ordering a manual or auto?

10 Speed/MT82/Tremec?

• Total voters

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I didn't think there was that much of a difference....now I have to find a M1 to drive...damn it
I rented a A10 in socal, and it was a blast to drive. Try the manual mode with the paddle shifters. It is very snappy and precise
Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
i can personally tell you, there is definitely a difference between the GT and M1 10R80, not only in the programming, but i think i remember reading somewhere that it had a unique torque converter too
I have read the same, different programming, different torque converter, and a much better experience for the track. It has convinced me to give the A10 a shot in the DH.

The tremec is appealing, but all my mustangs (and most of my vehicles in general) have been manuals, so I want to try something else.

DarkHorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse(Pending)
i can personally tell you, there is definitely a difference between the GT and M1 10R80, not only in the programming, but i think i remember reading somewhere that it had a unique torque converter too
Good to know

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I'm a little late to this topic (Wi-Fi was down yesterday and this morning), but I am opting for the Tremec. While I know the 10 speed is faster and will win in a head's up drag race the everyday fun of rowing the gears myself is too good to pass up. Combine that with the fact that I live in a mountainous area with lots of rural 2 lane roads and who wouldn't want the manual?

As for the comments about the F-150 10R80 shift points I can definitely see the shift logic for that transmission being conservative. I have the 6R80 in my truck and it takes a lot of pedal pressure to force a downshift. I basically have to floor it to keep the shift points above 4k RPM, but who really needs to rev that high in a truck daily? Most of the time I'm puttering along with shift points below 2500. I think it's just Ford's tuning to save gas and get a better EPA fuel economy score in the truck. They care a lot less about fuel economy in the Mustang which should yield better shifting from the 10R80.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
They care a lot less about fuel economy in the Mustang which should yield better shifting from the 10R80.
except the Mustang program is complete utter crap. The F150 shifts are nice and fluid, plenty firm, but not harsh and don't shock the drive line. It also blends down-shifts like you would expect, not the complete and utter garbage that is the Mustang A10, snapping necks in both directions. Any shift strategy that breaks traction or otherwise unsettles the rear end is an unqualified FAIL.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
except the Mustang program is complete utter crap. The F150 shifts are nice and fluid, plenty firm, but not harsh and don't shock the drive line. It also blends down-shifts like you would expect, not the complete and utter garbage that is the Mustang A10, snapping necks in both directions. Any shift strategy that breaks traction or otherwise unsettles the rear end is an unqualified FAIL.
The S550s that I have rented in the past year had smooth shifts in normal mode. In sport mode or higher they were very firm as you described. I just figured that was because of the aggressiveness of the sport mode. Best way to fix it is to buy a manual.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
I'm getting the auto, but modifying the paddles so they look and behave like this:

S650 Mustang Will you be ordering a manual or auto? S650-Getrag.JPG

Oh wait...

A manual, for driver engagement.
If I wanted an auto, I'd get a Honda Civic, a Toyota Corolla, or some other girlie car. :facepalm:

Each to their own though.

But seriously, if the S750 is all-electric, this is the last opportunity to have a manual.
Reflect on that thought.

I'd like to know why the manuals cannot have remote start/rev.
The computer knows what gear it's in and whether the handbrake is on or off.

One for any other coder/nerds out there:

if (gear == 0 & handbrake == 1)
then {autostart = 1}

Remote start/rev would obviously be disabled if parked in any gear.
What am I missing?

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
There is only one choice 6sp .......best driver's option. And a BIG reason to buy the Mustang in the first place. Otherwise, it's just a car.
they could do it.On remote starts we used to run the ground to neutral and it could only complete the circuit in neutral. It was kinda? More work than it was worth but now with computer knowing my only assumption is liability. Programs aren't perfect It only takes once for an error to start up jump out and cause an accident or run someone over. I agree though I would love to have it. But not enough to buy an automatic 🤢

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I see whole lotta lies in here lol ain't no way this many people will actually get a DH

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
All these manual boomers better not bitch about their mt82/tremecs locking them out or getting gapped!!

feel connected and embrace the L

The Wizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang; 16 F-150
I'll be ordering a '24 Ecoboost Premium convertible, which of course is only available with the 10A, which is what I would have chosen anyway.
Zoom, zooooooom...

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
If I were to order a DH it would be a very difficult choice between tremec and A10. I had no issues with the A10 in my 18 GT and the car hauled...

The GT I would order with the A10 hands down unless we will get the 3:73 final drive here in Europe but even then I think I would get the A10.

On the EU spec cars the acceleration/perceived agility between the M6 and A10 are quite substantial (specially if you know how to operate the A10 properly and the advance Trac settings)
Sponsored

Last edited: