• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will you be ordering a manual or auto?

10 Speed/MT82/Tremec?

• Total voters

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
That's a 3.7 to sixty right there.
This is a rounding inconsistency based on significant digit

that would be legitimately the dumbest thing in the world to produce two different gear sets that vary by hundredths in ratio lol

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX

that would be legitimately the dumbest thing in the world to produce two different gear sets that vary by hundredths in ratio lol
Ford: Hold my beer. LOL

Edit: Also, voted for Tremec. Going DH, I wouldn't think twice about it. GT/P I'm still thinking 6M, but it's more of a 60/40 split...that 10A is awesome.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
My 2024 GT Premium will be 10 speed auto. I have driven stick shift my entire life and my 2018 was stick . My current ride 2020 is Auto and this is the way to go.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem

maybe. But fords been doing that for a very long time with the mustangs. Helps offset fuel economy and performance. One of the last suppliers to really do it to this degree and I personally love it though I always option for the hottest gearing available

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
maybe. But fords been doing that for a very long time with the mustangs. Helps offset fuel economy and performance. One of the last suppliers to really do it to this degree and I personally love it though I always option for the hottest gearing available
I don’t think lengthening or shortening a gear by 0.001 will do anything to tested fuel economy tbh lol

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
It is really funny reading through people's opinions and how different they are likely due to their experiences.

The best manual I have ever owned is my 2012 Xterra. The 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 was not great. Held power well but would fight you going into second if you tried to shift faster than a snails pace. All solid bushings, stiff mounts, and new shifter made it a bit better but still not great. The getrag is the second best manual I have ever driven (test drive only). The best ever was in a camaro 1le (tremec, test drive). The difference between the two was nearly not noticeable driving relatively nicely on a test drive. Never pushed either.

2001 Silverado is the only AT I have owned. Literally any other AT feels incredible to me. I am going with the 10R80 for something new.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 & 2010 Honda Fit Sport
except the Mustang program is complete utter crap. The F150 shifts are nice and fluid, plenty firm, but not harsh and don't shock the drive line. It also blends down-shifts like you would expect, not the complete and utter garbage that is the Mustang A10, snapping necks in both directions. Any shift strategy that breaks traction or otherwise unsettles the rear end is an unqualified FAIL.
I don't know about "neck snapping in both directions" as my GT is "disappointing" to me in that it doesn't do that on downshifts. It's as if they did the "rev matching" algorithm like a manual. When I downshift from 10 to 7 or 6 quickly, the engine revs up then engages and it doesn't really slow the car down fast enough. In my Honda, when I downshift, it immediately goes into that gear without "rev matching" so the car actually slows faster since it's fully in gear without having to wait for the engine rpm to drop down. It's the first automatic that I've experienced this with. Of course, if it had a dual-clutch auto like in a Ferrari, that's awesome. I drove a 2014 Spyder that really felt like it was a manual; just didn't have a clutch pedal. Of course, used it was like 5 or 6 times the price of a new GT.

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2005. 2019 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
I'd like to know why the manuals cannot have remote start/rev.
The computer knows what gear it's in and whether the handbrake is on or off.

One for any other coder/nerds out there:

if (gear == 0 & handbrake == 1)
then {autostart = 1}

Remote start/rev would obviously be disabled if parked in any gear.
What am I missing?

I have thought about the same thing too. Maybe someone stepped in to say that code was not reviewed by a group of lawyers and tested to prove the correctness of code under all circumstances - hence that change was not approved to be pushed into the build!

Cory1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Fatboy, JK Wrangler, 85' Square Body
If they allow self driving cars, why can't we have remote start manual transmissions???

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
I short term want the auto because its easier to drive everyday, remote start and has performance gains. But once everything is electric and faster than any auto mustang being made today. That is when I would regret not getting the tremec. Long term I see tremec built mustangs being the most sought after.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I bet we see the tremec become the only manual option eventually. Ford is trying to simplify lineups, and removing the mt82 would do that. They also know the tremec is better, and they could pull something similar to the 2011-2012. Ford got rid of the 4.6 after around 2 years of it in the refresh s197 for the coyote. We could get the tremec for the gt as soon as late 2025 if I am right. Just speculation though.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I bet we see the tremec become the only manual option eventually. Ford is trying to simplify lineups, and removing the mt82 would do that. They also know the tremec is better, and they could pull something similar to the 2011-2012. Ford got rid of the 4.6 after around 2 years of it in the refresh s197 for the coyote. We could get the tremec for the gt as soon as late 2025 if I am right. Just speculation though.
If Ford was going to drop the MT82 they would have done it with the S650. They didn’t for both cost and production reasons. If, and right now, it’s a big if, there is an ICE S750 maybe then they will use the Tremec as the only choice. But that’s a long way off.

Personally, I would want the Tremec but my knee would protest, loudly! :frown:

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
If anything, I would put money on the Tremec becoming an option on the non-Dark Horse models but I doubt they make it standard. They can drive more revenue by selling it as an upgrade option
Sponsored