• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What modifications will you be doing? (Select all that apply)

• Total voters

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I'm giving myself a break.
I’m old too!
But like you, I still love getting out there in a fast car and giving it hell. Had a blast terrorizing my wife for about 90 miles in my manual Mach 1 yesterday!
😱
Sponsored

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
There are a couple solutions.

1. Wire a low amperage 12v auxiliary battery across the disconnect switch terminals, I also recommend diodes to prevent back feeding from the main start battery or alternator), so when the switch opens to disconnect the main battery, there is still 12v in the circuit to power the system. You will just need to make sure that the auxiliary battery has enough amperage capacity to carry the system (Which consideriing the new "Fully Networked Architecture" may be considerable), but not enough to start the car.

2. Install the disconnect switch in only the starting circuit, a solenoid installed in the starter power cable will work leaving the rest of the car powered as normal.

In either case I would install the switch in a hidden location.
Back in the good old days of the 70's - 90's we used to buy a factory switch for an option the car didn't have, fog lights for example, and put the switch right on the dash in full view. We either broke the distributer reluctor run circuit or in later years, a line from the computer. Car would crank but not start. Thieves would just move on to the next one unless the car was highly desirable like a Shelby or similar.

DCB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP 2022 WB Hellcat 2022 F150 Lightnin
Suitcase is always the first to go with me. Still trying to decide on X or H or..... ? Decisions, decisions.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back in the good old days of the 70's - 90's we used to buy a factory switch for an option the car didn't have, fog lights for example, and put the switch right on the dash in full view. We either broke the distributer reluctor run circuit or in later years, a line from the computer. Car would crank but not start. Thieves would just move on to the next one unless the car was highly desirable like a Shelby or similar.
The good old days, cars didn’t have all this stuff on them to go wrong with them. We had a 79 TransAm 4 speed that would burn tires in all 4 gears. The best thing is cars were reasonably priced. Brand new trans and back then we’re under $8000

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Absolutely. Things were much simpler back then. With all of the BCM's in modern cars, I wouldn't attempt interrupting the signal flow.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Floor mats, tint, dash cam along with radar detector. Probably missing something else.

Off with resonators. Whats better H or X?

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely. Things were much simpler back then. With all of the BCM's in modern cars, I wouldn't attempt interrupting the signal flow.
LOL have to remember I am a female. Had to look up what BCM was. Only thing I know about cars is how to drive them