• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will you be ordering a manual or auto?

10 Speed/MT82/Tremec?

• Total voters

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Ford could do a much better job with the A10. Pretty much all European ZF and DCT transmission feel better than the A10. But most mustang owners probably don`t realize it.
Ford does a LOVELY job with the A10. As long as it's mated to an F150. There is nothing wrong with the trans. It's the RETARDS in the Mustang division that's chose to make the shift behavior so unbelievably bad.
Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
The Auto is intriguing, but the Tremec Manual seams like too much fun too pass up. Not to mention that Manuals are starting to become obsolete so it might be the last Muscle Car to have it.
I really do believe the Dark Horse with a Tremec will be a very sought after car once they are gone. Not only did it have a V8 but also a well made manual.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Ford could do a much better job with the A10. Pretty much all European ZF and DCT transmission feel better than the A10. But most mustang owners probably don`t realize it.
Ford does a LOVELY job with the A10. As long as it's mated to an F150. There is nothing wrong with the trans. It's the RETARDS in the Mustang division that's chose to make the shift behavior so unbelievably bad.
It is not a DCT, so comparing it to one is a little apples to oranges. As far as the Mach 1 tuned A10 along with the changed torque converter, I have seen nothing but praise for it, including higher end testers. Yeah, most prefer the Tremec, but I have not heard anyone tear it down as 'unbelievably bad', in fact, quite the opposite. Is it really that different between the GT and M1?

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
It is not a DCT, so comparing it to one is a little apples to oranges. As far as the Mach 1 tuned A10 along with the changed torque converter, I have seen nothing but praise for it, including higher end testers. Yeah, most prefer the Tremec, but I have not heard anyone tear it down as 'unbelievably bad', in fact, quite the opposite. Is it really that different between the GT and M1?
Have you driven a European performance car with a torque converted ZF transmission? What I noticed about being on mustang forums is a lot of guys here usually only buy American muscle type cars. I prefer autos in modern cars but I just have a hard to liking the A10. When I hear people liking it I always think to myself they are ignorant to how a transmission should drive like.

Seems like the C8 corvette and GT500 are the only good American autos.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Have you driven a European performance car with a torque converted ZF transmission? What I noticed about being on mustang forums is a lot of guys here usually only buy American muscle type cars. I prefer autos in modern cars but I just have a hard to liking the A10. When I hear people liking it I always think to myself they are ignorant to how a transmission should drive like.

No I have not driven one. I have watched and read reviews on the Mach 1 ad-nauseam, and have generally seen reviewers praise the A10 in the Mach 1 saying that it is better than the GT for track use(I know they generally perfer the Tremec though). All of my previous cars have been a manual, so Ill give the A10 a try based on these reviews. Im not too picky or a 9/10 driver on the track so I figured it will be fine. If I just hate it, I'll order a tremec and trade it in.

I have ridden in a GT500 a couple of times, and I agree it has a nice transmission.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The C8 and GT500 are not automatic transmissions, they are DCT's. Different animal.

I have driven a number of foreign automatics over the years. Some great, some good, some not so much. Very dependent on brand, model and transmission type. I liked the 6R80 in my 2015 and I enjoy and have no issues whatsoever ever in my now almost 4 year old GT/CS. Some may like it, others not, but it is a more than decent transmission. It it equal to or better than most of the overseas models i have driven. Those that have had issues with their 10R80's will certainly not agree.

Blueberrystang2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT manual
The fact the dark horse has the tremec makes me want it bad. I have no problem with the manual in my 2017 GT honestly so this is a hard decision

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
No I have not driven one. I have watched and read reviews on the Mach 1 ad-nauseam, and have generally seen reviewers praise the A10 in the Mach 1 saying that it is better than the GT for track use(I know they generally perfer the Tremec though). All of my previous cars have been a manual, so Ill give the A10 a try based on these reviews. Im not too picky or a 9/10 driver on the track so I figured it will be fine. If I just hate it, I'll order a tremec and trade it in.

I have ridden in a GT500 a couple of times, and I agree it has a nice transmission.
You should like the A10

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
ZF8 in the Hellcat was just plain fun!
S650 Mustang Will you be ordering a manual or auto? 20220505_173707

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
This is an enthusiast forum so everyone should be choosing manual. It may be one of your last chances to order one new in a Mustang.
If you're not able to afford the higher trim to get the Tremec take a look at the Camaro. Trust me great car.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
This is an enthusiast forum so everyone should be choosing manual. It may be one of your last chances to order one new in a Mustang.
If you're not able to afford the higher trim to get the Tremec take a look at the Camaro. Trust me great car.
That makes no sense. Transmission is a personal preference that has nothing to do with being an enthusiast. I've had both and they both have their pros and cons.
Camaro's are horrible looking and horrible to drive imo. I would never ever own a modern Camaro unless they changed, well everything with the body and interior.

Last edited:

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Just because we are enthusiasts does not mean we need to choose or prefer manual transmission. I chose the tremec, but some people may not like to row their own gears, or may not be able to get one where they live. It asks what we will be ordering, not what we want or prefer.

SoFloEco

5 Liters of Love!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue PP Mustang GT
So, I was all set on ordering my '24 GT with the A10 until I drove a Cadillac CT5 V with a rev-matching 6spd manual (a Tremec, to be precise). I had forgotten how much fun it was to drive a powerful car with a bawdy, burbling exhaust and a rev-matched manual.

Certainty turned to ambivalence, just like that. Yeah, I know a 660+ HP Supercharged Caddy is not a Mustang GT, but the unmitigated fun of crunching gears in a hot car with a big V8 is certainly similar. I'm now leaning towards the 6 spd. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sponsored