• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will you be ordering a manual or auto?

10 Speed/MT82/Tremec?

• Total voters

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
All you manual enthusiasts need to be snatching up 13-14 Shelby gt500s…

that’s the real mustang that will tickle your taint
'tickle' or not, the enzyme soak needed to remove skidmarks in my undies, arising from the live axle and general inability to translate power into forward progress, is getting old.
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
“General inability to to translate power into forward progress”

sounds like a manual to me!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You race stick cars you break transmissions.

Simple as that… nmra coyote stock guys are out here eating G101As every weekend.

if your NOT going through them, are you even driving the car hard enough.
Most people aren't buying an S650 for racing.

Lmao...

68K = Not bad

No Mustang outside of a Shelby should be that high. A base stingray ( which will outperform a Darkhorse ) can be had for 4k cheaper.

The blindness toward the 650 is laughable.
I can't disagree with you on this.

The C8 and GT500 are not automatic transmissions, they are DCT's. Different animal.

I have driven a number of foreign automatics over the years. Some great, some good, some not so much. Very dependent on brand, model and transmission type. I liked the 6R80 in my 2015 and I enjoy and have no issues whatsoever ever in my now almost 4 year old GT/CS. Some may like it, others not, but it is a more than decent transmission. It it equal to or better than most of the overseas models i have driven. Those that have had issues with their 10R80's will certainly not agree.
Automatics shift automatically without the driver pushing in a clutch. Yes, a DCT has different mechanisms, but it does the same thing. It even slips the clutches excessively to simulate a torque converter.

good point but again lap times is worthless to convey the goodness of the car. Eg. the C7 may set a good time but drives evil, and anyone who doesn't know how to drive a C7 is likely to end up spun out in the grass or recontouring their bodywork with the help of concrete.

Point being selecting a car based on contrived numbers is rather silly from top to bottom.
I think the C7 is a good vehicle. It's only the Z06 that had a problem with too much power for the chassis. If you buy a Z51 or GS, handling is quite good. Do you have any pro review links to back up your statements?

All you manual enthusiasts need to be snatching up 13-14 Shelby gt500s…

that’s the real mustang that will tickle your taint
They are so slow, though. They get heatsoaked and even in straight lines they aren't very fast. When I owned a GT350, that car completely owned GT500s on track.

I'd love to buy a newer Mustang at some point, but I'm only open to manual transmissions and I don't really like the gear ratios in the new cars. So for now I'm stuck with my 2017.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I think the C7 is a good vehicle. It's only the Z06 that had a problem with too much power for the chassis. If you buy a Z51 or GS, handling is quite good. Do you have any pro review links to back up your statements?
I guess you took the 'c7 ' reference as literal. It was an example. But Randy Probst was one person who had a dim view of the C7 when pushed to it's limits on the track in the hand of pro drivers.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I guess you took the 'c7 ' reference as literal. It was an example. But Randy Probst was one person who had a dim view of the C7 when pushed to it's limits on the track in the hand of pro drivers.
Still pretty sure Pobst only feels that way about the Z06. Gotta link?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Rule91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 mustang gt performance pack
I definitely will order a DH unless they want >70K then I'll just buy a GT500.

Can't decide if I want a manual or 10 speed. I have a GT350 that's my manual gear rower but I miss remote start that remote Rev would be cool. I keep going back and forth....thoughts?
Actually they have a remote start for manual transmissions now. If that's all that is holding you back?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Point being selecting a car based on contrived numbers is rather silly from top to bottom.
Sure, but is there any other better way especially for cars that you would track? Say I'm cross shopping between a few cars, I can't go to a GM or Ford dealer and say to the salesman "hey man, let me take this car for a test drive to a race track". At the same time, I can't just showup to a track day and start asking random people to let me take their cars out on the track by myself. Maybe you can ask them for a ride if the club allows it, or maybe you can ask them for what they think of the car and its performance on track. But then again you're going off of a stranger's thoughts on cars, no different than seeing articles online about said car.

So unfortunately most of us go by arbitrary results on the internet or car magazines.

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
A manual, for driver engagement.
If I wanted an auto, I'd get a Honda Civic, a Toyota Corolla, or some other girlie car. :facepalm:
No need to disrespect Civics or Corollas! Of course the lower versions come with automatics. But the Civic Si and Type R only come with manuals. Same for the GR Corolla. Honda has built some fantastic manual transmissions over the years, nothing girlie about them. The Civics and Corolla I'd want ONLY come with manual transmissions! Please use a better example in the future. :)

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Guess which one is the manual. Hint: not the one with dual snorkels
S650 Mustang Will you be ordering a manual or auto? 20220505_173752

OP
OP
KAlexander

KAlexander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 CCLB Plat, 2018 GT350, 20 ZX6R, 20 ZX10R
Actually they have a remote start for manual transmissions now. If that's all that is holding you back?

I'd sit here and tell you because AuToS are FasTeR but let's be real, I'll race maybe 2-3 in a blue moon so nothing really. I just wanted remote start lol

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Guess which one is the manual. Hint: not the one with dual snorkels
20220505_173752.jpg
My manual Sport Touring. Nothing girly about a Civic. Get nearly 40MPG as my daily driver and very reliable so far.

IMG_7869.JPG
Ayyy FE1/FK8 gang rise up lol

I've already put almost 9k miles on mine since mid December. Makes for an awesome commuter, zero regrets. A solid 9.5/10 for the money.

Have a Remark catback, KTuner, and a little RS style lip on order for the thing. Still need to slap tint on it.

The manual in this thing is two whole magnitudes better than the MT82 but a far cry from the Tremec. Just jumped in a buddy's GT350 last month and that clutch, which was light as hell when I owned one, felt heavy. Clutch is definitely stupid light, so I'm surprised I got used to it.

Makes it really easy to hold off on immediately ordering an S650 in the meantime!

S650 Mustang Will you be ordering a manual or auto? 1677789992914

scarface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
Speaking of manual, it's crazy that you can buy a Cadilac with a manual but not a C8 Corvette. I am on the fence between a 10spd auto or manual for the Dark Horse. I had 4 generations of Mustangs, from a Roush to a Shelby, an M3, M5, all manuals, and every time I am sitting in traffic, I wished I had a automatic tranny. Right now, I am 60/40 towards the 10spd on the Dark Horse.
Sponsored