• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are you cross shopping?

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
if only they'd sell one without the supercharger...

It makes no sense to can the Camaro and only produce the $$$ Caddys on the exact same line. Lest I sound like some of the DH desperados around here, I'm going to bet the Camaro will get re-launched as the CT5V with current corvette stingray NA v8 , or a CT4V with I4 and LT1 v8 and requisite down-market interior. Uses all the same parts anyway and double or triple the demand.
Lots of mixed opinions on the Cadillac forum about this. There was some thought that killing the Camaro meant that all of these cars (Camaro, CT4, CT5) would be killed, that GM would shift that plant to something else entirely--which some people who already have their cars *like* because that ensures their cars will remain rare. But then we read that the CT4 and CT5 will get a refresh (interior at least, not sure about exterior) and continue to be produced. Unclear how long the Blackwing versions will carry on.

I agree, it seems strange that they'd continue building cars on that Alpha 2 chassis at Lansing Grand River and *not* build the Camaro. Maybe the Camaro will return after a hiatus. Or maybe GM will come out with a new 2-door Cadillac model. I happen to think that the CT4 would be great with 2-doors. There is room once you're in the car, but it's an ergonomic disaster to get into and out of.

I agree that the supercharger is overkill, I would have bought the Cadillac with "only" ~450-500 hp. The Tremec manual transmission and magnetorheological suspension are the real stars of the show, the car is a joy to drive. Hard to use 668 hp on the street, but I do try when I'm getting on the highway--before slamming on the brakes to merge with traffic! ;)

I thought the sweet spot in the Camaro line-up was the 1SS or 2SS (I can't remember) with the 6.2 liter V8 (non-supercharged), Tremec, with the magnetic ride control. Not the ZL1 1LE, as much fun as that would be. Similarly, go with the R/T Scat Pack if you want a Challenger, get 485 hp and a manual transmission (but I don't really like the Challenger). I think cars like the Mustang Mach 1 and the Dark Horse are right in the sweet spot. Plenty of power with great manual transmissions.

Ironically, even though I didn't buy a Mustang last year, I was sold on the benefits of both the magnetorheological suspension AND the Tremec manual after driving a Mach 1 back to back with a plain GT. Might not be worth it to everyone, but it was to me. I may buy a Dark Horse or similar in the future, at the very least I'm going to talk a friend into buying one.
Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
thought the sweet spot in the Camaro line-up was the 1SS or 2SS (I can't remember) with the 6.2 liter V8 (non-supercharged), Tremec, with the magnetic ride control. Not the ZL1 1LE,
yup 1SS/1LE was an outright steal back in 2019 and still non-too shabby on price even today. The regular ZL1 is a delight, power everywhere but on the other hand it doesn't make you work the car like the NA option does. I prefer the latter.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
There's nothing i like more than the DH with a manual. In Oz there isn't many choices beyond Porsche Caymans that are twice the price.
Basically adding DH next to my GR Yaris Rallye 👍

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
I'm surprised no one is or was cross shopping the C8 Corvette! I was looking at a 1LT for a hair more than the DH. Would have probably pulled the trigger, but dealer wanted $5,000 non-refundable deposit. No way I was doing that & glad I didn't the DH was announced & I put a refundable deposit at my dealer right after the announcement.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
C8 doesn’t offer manual. A few people sold their C8 after they got bored of driving automatic apparently.

I'm surprised no one is or was cross shopping the C8 Corvette! I was looking at a 1LT for a hair more than the DH. Would have probably pulled the trigger, but dealer wanted $5,000 non-refundable deposit. No way I was doing that & glad I didn't the DH was announced & I put a refundable deposit at my dealer right after the announcement.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Not only am I taking a serious look at the 2024 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack Mustang, I am also cross shopping the BMW M240i XDrive. The only colors that interest me as far as the BMW, are Portimao Blue and Thundernight Metallic. Anyone else cross shopping/wishing at the same time?

1678300754561.png

1678300876336.png

1678301012068.png

1678301185474.png

1678301302682.png

Versus the 2022 Mach 1 Mustang - which is by all accounts except on track, much slower.

1678301542572.png

1678300734830.png
How does a car that weighs 3,900 lbs. and makes maybe 330 RWHP run a 12.1 in the quarter-mile? I don't believe it.

The 2013 Mustang GT is 3,600 lbs., makes 380 to the wheels, and runs 12.8 in the quarter. C/D is misleading us somewhere.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
I have a 2013 GT Premium with 98k on the clock. VERY well maintained when I bought it not long ago, and 99% stock which is why I brought it home. I love the car, but it needs upgrade work on the MT82 trans, a clutch to match the replacement trans, and a MGW shifter just to be fun on the street. So you add that all up and you're looking at $5,200 bucks.

So what I am heavily debating in my mind, and losing sleep over is:

- Throw money at my current car and make it fun on the street/track

- Order a 2024 GT with a 10-speed auto and trade my newish pickup truck in on the car when it arrives, drive my 18 year old F-150 and use the 2024 Mustang only on nice days/car shows

- Order a 2023 "Last Call" Dodge Challenger Scat Pack while there's still time. Would also require me to trade in my 2022 Ram 1500 and drive my old F-150 when the weather is bad.

It's a TOUGH decision. On one hand the Challenger will hold value so much better in the future. It's also roomier, comfortable, practical, and simply the coolest car on the road. On the other hand the 2024 Mustang GT will be just a touch faster, more nimble, and maybe a little more fun to drive. And then of course I could keep my current car and throw money at it until I get it where I want it which means I could keep my super nice Ram 1500 Laramie truck. Hmmm......

Osage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse
I cross shopped the Audi RS3, BMW M2, Toyota Supra, and the Lotus Emira.

In the end, the Dark Horse just seemed to be the best combination of power, style and fun. Being able to safely throw a supercharger on the upgraded Dark Horse Coyote with forged internals is no joke.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
How does a car that weighs 3,900 lbs. and makes maybe 330 RWHP run a 12.1 in the quarter-mile? I don't believe it.

The 2013 Mustang GT is 3,600 lbs., makes 380 to the wheels, and runs 12.8 in the quarter. C/D is misleading us somewhere.
I've seen videos of it doing high 12.1's - 12.2 and stock dyno numbers of 375 hp. 0-60 3.8 sec. It can do that because of the launch control and 4 wheel drive system.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350

It’s the same formula that applies to everything else with fast-spooling twin-turbo/twin scroll setups, close-geared quick-shifting auto transmissions, and AWD: create an extremely aggressive launch control program controlled by an ECU that can fine-tune torque delivery and rocket from a dig at high RPM—turbos already spooled via brake boosting—and shoot through 2-3 extremely short gears with barely any wheelspin.

BMW’s xDrive is also specifically rear-biased by default thanks to the transverse engine setup, so those rear wheels doing the majority of the work as weight shifts rearward are getting the proper amount of power.

For reference, look at the 5-60 for a real representation of just flooring the throttle leaving a red light like a normal human: 5.0s versus 3.6/3.8s (w/o 1ft).

That Mustang GT with an 6MT almost matched that 5-60 according to C&D results.

0-60: 4.3s (0.7s vs M240xi)
5-60: 5.1s (+0.1s vs M240xi)

Shows how good the BMW’s launch control is and how mediocre Mustangs are at launching in general.

Source

Also here’s a fun sheet comparing various launch controls to 5-60s

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
C8 Corvette. As soon as I get my allocation for the vette I will be trading/selling the DH.

OP
OP
Baldilocks

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special

Engine is underrated from BMW for one thing. Like someone else has already mentioned, the gearing and the all wheel drive system make it very quick off the line. 500 horsepower isn't any good if you can't get it to the pavement.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
Was thinking of getting a Camaro, but when I saw the new mustang interior it blew me away, kind of reminds me of my C8 interior dash. Just a little. The Camaro interior is so outdated, but no need to change now since they stop making them next year.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
C8 Corvette. As soon as I get my allocation for the vette I will be trading/selling the DH.
You will love the vette. Just wondering which dealer are you waiting for allocation?
Sponsored