• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are you cross shopping?

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I guess that explains why the A10 runs 11.7 with nothing but a CAI and exhaust. Hmm...
nobody gives a **** how fast a car is in a drag race.

The 6MT could take 20 seconds to run the quarter mile and I would NEVER choose anything but stick. I won't even buy a hellcat without stick, nor a ZL1 or any of the Blackwings. Or an M4 unless it's stick. I bought the S5 because it was the last stick made. My brother has an RS5 with another 50% HP out of the "same" motor. I could give a damn. Mine is way more fun.

The answer to the apalling Mustang A10 behavior is the F150 trans tune. It actually works correctly.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Baldilocks

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
nobody gives a **** how fast a car is in a drag race.

The 6MT could take 20 seconds to run the quarter mile and I would NEVER choose anything but stick. I won't even buy a hellcat without stick, nor a ZL1 or any of the Blackwings. Or an M4 unless it's stick. I bought the S5 because it was the last stick made. My brother has an RS5 with another 50% HP out of the "same" motor. I could give a damn. Mine is way more fun.

The answer to the apalling Mustang A10 behavior is the F150 trans tune. It actually works correctly.
More fun for YOU, but not for everyone. I'm the opposite. Tired of manuals.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
21-23 Mach 1 HP
15-20 GT350
23 BMW M2
20-22 GT500
23 C8 Corvette
23 CT4 Blackwing
24 Mustang GT

2+ years and a lot of research later, a Dark Horse HP is what I went with. No regrets yet other than the wait.

OP
OP
Baldilocks

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
The ONLY thing holding me back from the Mustang is the year round driving factor. What fun is a car if I can't drive it all year? :)

entrenched

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 DH Blue Ember, A10,Recaros, Handling on Order
The Dark Horse is actually for my wife. We were cross shopping it against the C8 but she wanted to get back in a mustang and she fell in love with the s650 when she saw the release photos. Plus my MSRP dealer told us if we purchase the DH we move to the top of the list for the S650 GT500 @ MSRP when announced so that solidified our decision.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
The ONLY thing holding me back from the Mustang is the year round driving factor. What fun is a car if I can't drive it all year? :)
You can drive it year round if you aren't stupid with it. Get a dedicated set of winters, don't slam the thing, get some weight to put over the rears if you don't know how to manipulate the throttle below 3k rpm. Oh and don't drive in a blizzard if you can avoid it. Rust proofing will also help preserve it.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
Once you get used to the scorching summers, Texas is great because you actually can enjoy a car on summer tires all year round. There might be the odd week here and there during the first quarter of the year where it falls below 45 degrees.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Once you get used to the scorching summers, Texas is great because you actually can enjoy a car on summer tires all year round. There might be the odd week here and there during the first quarter of the year where it falls below 45 degrees.
Depends on where in Texas. The panhandle gets pretty cold and we get a fair amount of snow each year as well. Texas is a big state.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
Ah that’s fair. Dallas gets snow and it’s not even that far north. I’m talking Houston which is borderline a coastal city. Galveston is like an hour away.

Depends on where in Texas. The panhandle gets pretty cold and we get a fair amount of snow each year as well. Texas is a big state.

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
This is relevant to me, because I'm looking at either an S650 Dark Horse, vs a Supra 3.0 (manual). I know I need at least another V8 in my life, but the Porsche will be traded in on a C8 Stingray vert in the next 2 years (this is life with the wait list still up here....).

Pros of the S650 DH are V8 and back seats for daughter, whereas pros for the Supra are it's more of a foil for my future C8 (10 in shorter wheelbase, sweet turbo I6 vs monster NA V8), and I could always sell it for minimal loss if I change my mind down the road, since production is small and set to end around MY2025/2026. Sticker vs sticker, Supra is also a good 10 grand cheaper than a Dark Horse up here (supposedly).

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
I am eyeballing a green mach 1 with the handling package. Same price as my order. Im probably gonna pass but I think I could live with that as an alt.

V10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Viper, '21 M2 Competition, '22 S1000RR
Plus my MSRP dealer told us if we purchase the DH we move to the top of the list for the S650 GT500 @ MSRP when announced so that solidified our decision.
Hope you have that in writing, always see it in M6G and other forums of loyal customers getting screwed. Not just single purchases either, I'm talking about several decades loyal and the dealer going after the ADM money.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
I had a long time to figure out what I wanted; the good news is that there are a lot of options. Anyhoo, I ended up ordering a GT. After my last trade in for my now Kia K5, I knew that it was only a matter of time before getting something else; I just needed some extra cash. Originally, I was going for a C8 Z06 or E-Ray, but then the prices went way up and I was angling for a Stingray; also in the running were weirdly, a Lucid Air (Pure), an Audi E-Tron GT, and an Audi RS6 Avant (I almost pulled the trigger on that one on the lot in 2020 but was beaten out by another buyer). I was thinking of keeping the Kia and going with a Stingray, but weighing the cost plus 2 year wait, a 2+2 Mustang 5.0 (a first for me) with the new exterior, really modern interior, and trading in the Kia was a no-brainer for me.

Last edited:

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Currently I'm cross-shopping alongside the Mustang GT...

1. Lexus RC350/Lexus ES350/Lexus IS350

2. Subaru Legacy XT Touring/Subaru Outback XT Touring

3. Mercedes Benz C300 4MATIC/Mercedes Benz GLB250 4MATIC or Mercedes Benz AMG GLB35

4. Nissan Z Performance
5. Mini JCW Countryman All4
6. Ford Escape Platinum

The most practical choices would be the Escape or the Legacy/Outback (I'd get the Subarus just for the B4 sounds and AWD), and I'd only go with one of these if I got into a relationship with someone and didn't want a car as attention grabbing as a Mustang. I guess this applies to the Mini as well.

The Nissan Z is my nostalgia pick since I loved the 300zx as a kid. A shame we never got the final refresh Japan got, that version is automotive art!

Part of me would love to own a Mercedes to prove a point about their reliability, but with all the tech in them that might be a tall order.

Lastly the Lexus...I just like how sleeper they look if that makes sense. And the V6 in the RC and IS kinda has LFA sounds from POV videos I've seen.

But right now, the Mustang GT is my #1 priority to get. A shame all the other V8 choices will be gone by the time I get around to buying my next car (Camaro, Charger, Challenger...or they'll all be electrified and silenced). More choice and variety is the spice of automotive life.

LATE QUESTION EDIT: How does one explain to a salesperson that they're cross-shopping a certain vehicle? Or do they say anything at all about it? Or...what do they say instead?
Sponsored

Last edited: