• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What would you do....I'm torn

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
So as many know from my previous post, my gf has breast cancer and I was going to forgo my new 2024 Mustang GT Premium. I called the dealer and talked to them about the situation and he suggested something I had thought of, but not sure I want to do it......sell/trade my new 2023 Dodge Charger Scatpack Widebody w/Hemi-Orange package for the the new Mustang.

I gotta tell ya I really like this car and my original plan was to have both....Last Call Charger ScatPack Widebody and a new 2024 Mustang GT. Getting another new 2023 Charger SPWB is clearly not another option a year from now...although a slightly used Hellcat could be. A new Mustang GT is an option a year or so from now.

My gf is ok with whatever decision although she is sad I can only do 1 of these cars because I am supporting her financially during her treatments.

So I'm looking for reactions / comments / insights as to what would be the right choice?

S650 Mustang What would you do....I'm torn vehicle.pn

S650 Mustang What would you do....I'm torn IMG_8435

S650 Mustang What would you do....I'm torn IMG_8402

S650 Mustang What would you do....I'm torn IMG_8250
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
When could you reasonably buy another Mustang? Maybe you could grab another one in a year or two? That Charger being a "last call" could become something of a collector's item in the future. Tough decision, man. I don't know what to tell you.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
So as many know from my previous post, my gf has breast cancer and I was going to forgo my new 2024 Mustang GT Premium. I called the dealer and talked to them about the situation and he suggested something I had thought of, but not sure I want to do it......sell/trade my new 2023 Dodge Charger Scatpack Widebody w/Hemi-Orange package for the the new Mustang.

I gotta tell ya I really like this car and my original plan was to have both....Last Call Charger ScatPack Widebody and a new 2024 Mustang GT. Getting another new 2023 Charger SPWB is clearly not another option a year from now...although a slightly used Hellcat could be. A new Mustang GT is an option a year or so from now.

My gf is ok with whatever decision although she is sad I can only do 1 of these cars because I am supporting her financially during her treatments.

So I'm looking for reactions / comments / insights as to what would be the right choice?

vehicle.png.jpeg

IMG_8435.jpeg

IMG_8402.jpeg

IMG_8250.jpeg
I cannot believe that I’m going to say this but keep the Charger. The S650 will be around for awhile. Besides, good karma is on your side. I predict you will have both before you know it. 👍👏

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
you should get the Mustang...100% not biased based on my order...
S650 Mustang What would you do....I'm torn vehicle

ultimately it really depends on what you want, end of the day theyre both decent cars that are going to be fun to own. the big choice here really is do you want a custom order Mustang, or a dealer ordered Charger. Personally i dont think theres a real "collector" status here just because of how many their are due to them never changing the charger up, but who knows. if youre keeping it for the long run also consider parts are probably going to be way more available to the mustang

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
you should get the Mustang...100% not biased based on my order...
vehicle.jpg

ultimately it really depends on what you want, end of the day theyre both decent cars that are going to be fun to own. the big choice here really is do you want a custom order Mustang, or a dealer ordered Charger. Personally i dont think theres a real "collector" status here just because of how many their are due to them never changing the charger up, but who knows. if youre keeping it for the long run also consider parts are probably going to be way more available to the mustang
My Charger was a custom order. Took me 7 months to get it. Ordered in 2022, had to change color option when the car moved to a 2023 and SmokeShow was not available. Ordered originally in Nov 2022, reordered January 2023, built in April 2023, delivered May 2023.

So both are custom orders

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
My Charger was a custom order. Took me 7 months to get it. Ordered in 2022, had to change color option when the car moved to a 2023 and SmokeShow was not available. Ordered originally in Nov 2022, reordered January 2023, built in April 2023, delivered May 2023.

So both are custom orders
Another reason to keep it.

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
Keep the Charger. Your lady may feel more comfortable in the roomier back seat after a cancer treatment and the Mustang back seat is not fit for adults.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Keep the Charger. The dealer would love to have that car in on a Mustang, no way man.
Help your gf through her battle, and if things are right next year, seek out and add the mustang. It's not a DH so they will be around. Not to mention, the QC on this first round is not impressive.

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
I say keep your “last call” Charger, mostly because of that, get a S650 when your lady’s recovered, the Mustang just got here (if even), and you’ll have plenty of time to order one ;)

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
I would keep the Charger as well, clearly the car means something to you based on its cleanliness and presence. Mustangs will be available when timing is right for you.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Keep the SPWB Charger. It's already sorted and they're basically done building them. And you already have it.

You have a few years to pick up a new custom ordered Mustang and you know they'll likely add features and models in the coming years.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
you should definitely keep your Charger. the Charger won't be around for much longer, where the S650 Mustang will be around for a while, and there will probably be even better packages and colors in the coming years

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Keep the Charger..

I bleed Ford Blue, but I have a soft spot for late model HEMI cars. I've had a 300C and a R/T R/T Charger.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

vehicle.png.jpeg

IMG_8435.jpeg

IMG_8402.jpeg

IMG_8250.jpeg
You know my friend, I think any choice you make will work out in the end. The thought occured to me that because your charger is one of the last calls in a decent looking spec, it should hold its value quite well. It may even appreciate slightly with Dodge ending production on all of it's V8 powered muscle cars in the near future.

Something special deserves to be traded in for something special. As great as the s650 gt is, we all know those higher performance models are on the way. I don't know what your budget would be, but maybe it would be worth it to keep and enjoy the charger for a few years, sell it if the market holds up, and use that money for a down payment on a Shelby model if it's in the cards.

That way, you can enjoy your charger for a little bit, and have the option of getting a really cool and unique Shelby mustang down the road.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon

vehicle.png.jpeg

IMG_8435.jpeg

IMG_8402.jpeg

IMG_8250.jpeg
That is something only you and your GF can decide on together. Just weigh it out My son has a hell cat scat pak and loves it. I am pretty happy with my GT but I have a feeling there is going to be quite a few problems with them, time will tell. We have quite a few of the 2024 GTs here in this small town for sale
Sponsored